Search results

1. B

WHICH SANSUI AMP TO BUY on Ebay???

I want to buy a Sansui Amp from eBay and I want to keep it around $400 dollars US including shipping. I originally wanted an AU717 but I decided to budget a little more and get more power. What would you recommend? How is the AU 919 and is there a more powerful model in that line that would...
  2. B

Pioneer SX-1010 problems

Good suggestions, thanks. Same sound wiht different speakers and wires
  3. B

Fried Polk Audio 10 Tweeters

How about the Sansui G 8700Db rated at about 160 Watts Per Channel and I imagine the current power is fine? But then again, I didn't know they were 6 ohms and down. Reccomendations for a vintage amp for these polks?? how can I check the crossover thermal overload device? Try the tweeters...
  4. B

I hooked up a D-9 Amplifier tonight

Sounds like you must've seen a pic of her...hehe
  5. B

Thanks, When I replace the drivers I'm going to put in my own inline fuses on the ones without them. I agreee on the HPM 100's. I thought that the 250 watt rating meant that they could take real power but obviously not. I think it's back to mainly vintage JBL for me. I may just keep the...
  6. B

Pioneer SX-1010 problems

on One channel the highs aren't as strong. This makes it sound as though one channel is not as loud but it is only the highs?? Any ideas?
  7. B

I hooked up a D-9 Amplifier tonight

I picked it up last week at a Salvation army with the matching tuner for 89 dollars. Excellent to mint condition Very nice clean sound. Not as much power as I had anticipated But I was running a G8700DB the last few weeks so maybe it wasn't a fair fight. Nice sounding amp. I don't know how...
  8. B

I was running a Sansui AU 7500 straight to the amp input from a Pioneer DJM 300 Preamp(mixer) from A Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK2 CD Player with 4 polk model 10's The sound was cranking pretty high when my tweeters conked out. 2 of the Polks have fuses (1 amp for highs and 2.5 for lows) The high...
  9. B

Info on AU-D9

I picked one up with the accompanying tuner for 89 bucks at a thrift store in mint condition. haven't plugged it up yet but it is a beautiful item. I figured that was a good price and it is very nice. Any info on it? Thanks.
  10. B

Where's the 'cutoff'?

I have a G 7000, G 8700DB, and now a G 7700 which I am working on as it has no output sound. I also run an AU 7500 regularly. I had a 9090DB and I have a few other various machines incuding 1000X. Bottom line, the G series blows everything away in sound in my opinion. The AU 7500 is awesome as...
  11. B

Cools VIntage Stuff

More Cool vintage gear Hong's vintage shop is like disneyland for me everytime I walk in. You never know what you'll find. But you know it'll be something
  12. B

Cools VIntage Stuff

Some gear from My local VIntage dude "Hong"
  13. B

Info on the G-9700's

I have an 8700DB and there is no fan in the back. Also, it does not have the craftsmanship of the earlier ones. I have a G 7000 and it is built much better. I think it must have come out considerably later as it has more of the cheesy plastic look that Sansui went to after the big turnover...
  14. B

What are your favorite vintage speakers?

I have a few pair of CS-77's, and cs 99's. and they were nice but I wouldn't compare them to the top shelf stuff mentioned here. I have a pair of AR 2ax's that sound extremely nice at medium volume with a Dynaco tupe amp and tube preamp. I have a pair of HPM 60's in my daughters room hooked...
  15. B

JBL L100. 4312, 4311b, Polk monitor 10b's, HPM 100's Altec 1208's
  16. B

My vintage Audi dealer has a pair of very similar Seeburg speakers that are unbelievable!!!!! but he wants 2 grand for them. I think they have some altec drivers.
  17. B

small speakers that sound big

I have a wave radio in my basement collecting dust. I bought it for the bedroom a fwe years back. It was OK but not worth the money and not nearly up to the standards of good sound.. I have a Marantz 2248, Denon DCD 1000 CD player, and a pair of JBL L46 speakers now that sound fantastic
  18. B

JBL L80 T3 Speakers

My vintage audi guy has a pair in good condition for 160 dollars US . I'm looking at a few of his items. Is this something I should consider? Any info on them?
  19. B

Acoustic Research Holographic Imaging M2 Speakers

My VIntage Audio guy has a very nice pair for 120.00 US dollars but I can get them for 100 most likely. Is it worth buying them. I want to just because they look so different. Any info??
  20. B

au777 and tu777 ebay fiasco

That sucks. I have had 3 different items that I ahve sold over the years get screwed up in transit. 1 A Nikko Alpha 200 Amp - a real sweetheart 2 A pair of Dynaco SPeakers 3 A Pair of Pioneer SPeakers. Everytime I ate the cost before even thinking about how I was going to deal with...
  21. B

Pioneer CS-A31 Speakers 40 watt

Anyone know anything about them A guy wants to sell emea pair mint for 50 bucks. Buy them or not?
  22. B

Providence Has Shined On Me..bwaaaahahahahaha!!!!!

I'm not a big 9090DB fan though they sound wonderful. They are a bit too bass heavy for me. I prefer the G series DC receivers. But you will probably love the combination with the L 100's. The L100 is basically the home version of the 4311b studio monitor. I have a pair and the sound is pretty...
  23. B

What are the specs on the 8700??? When was it made? any info on that bab
  24. B

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5747666519&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT I just nabbed a G8700DB for 232 clammies!!! I hope it turns out good, if not I'll get it up and running in no time. Funny, I was just selling one of my 9090db's and thinking about what to buy next...
  25. B

Seeking Info On Rare Marantz Ls-88 Tower Spkr's

The LS-88 has two 12 inch woofers
Back
Top Bottom