Search results

1. Deczor

Rotel RB-870BX power amp bridged into 4ohms?

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. I just bought two of these to run my Linn Isobariks, which are power hungry and 4ohm. The manual says it's 300W bridged into 8ohm, but says nothing about 4ohm bridged operation. the manuals for many of Rotels other amps from the...
  2. Deczor

Celestion Ditton 332

With that surround, having done something similar myself, I'd say PVA it. Use your finger and try to slather a bit of PVA into the crack, then apply a smooth layer to the front and back, but not too thick. It holds well, drys clear and is flexible (also cheap and easy :-))
  3. Deczor

I did it!

After years of searching, arranging delayed payment with the seller, trying to scrape the money together when I was more than broke, spending a week messing around the wiring and crossovers that the previous owners "tech" had screwed up in a catastrophic sort of way... Linn Isobariks! It was...
  4. Deczor

Quad 606? Anyone familiar with it?

Yup, I had two. Really, really good. looks like a grey brick. There are two variants; Mk1 and Mk2. The Mk2 has an improves power supply and sounds epic. I had one for a couple of years driving my huge and inefficient 5-way kef transmission lines. It was bloody good. Sold it when I got a...
  5. Deczor

B&O Beovox 5700 Studio Monitors

They're Celestions! B&O aren't as bad as Bose, but they just rebadge stuff and make it look pretty. Most of the time they use Philips bits (their amps are pretty much all Philips). The idea is to sketch a design, then figure out how to cram the components inside. Fortunately, their early boxed...
  6. Deczor

Gale GS 401 - Chrome / stands?

Never understod why they were amp killers. Peerless mid, celestion tweeter and some averge woofers. greater then the sum of their parts maybe?
  7. Deczor

What did I just buy?

Hi Guys, I just bought these for $20. I've no idea what they are and have to drive for 2 hours each way to pick up this weekend. Will it be worth the trip (it's a road trip with a mate, so of course it will be worth it, but I'm still curious)? EDIT: Shit, sorry, didn't realise this was a...
  8. Deczor

Yet another speaker ID please

Hi Guys, Since you're all so very good at this, what are these and should I buy them? Seller says they have no markings, but they don't look home made.
  9. Deczor

What did I just buy

Cool! thanks for that. You reckon I paid a decent price at $80 for a good one? (If the seller will send the freakin' thing! Grrr!)
  10. Deczor

What did I just buy

Hey guys, This came up real cheap on TM, so I grabbed it. No model or anything in the description. It looks like an SA-8800, but there are so many variations and confusing, mis-labelled things online in the 6800/8800/8800ii/9800 range that it's hard for me to identify properly. Can anyone...
  11. Deczor

This is just plain scary

Well, it was an auction that just said "bulk lot of stereo gear", that was it. no gallery pic, but I clicked on it anyway and got a bit of a fright. Seller was excellent about sending it from CHCH, even had boxes custom made at his work to get them here in one piece. I think it would have been...
  12. Deczor

This is just plain scary

Yeah, it turned up for a few minutes during the day. the guy just had "stereo equipment" and a buy now of $400. There was a pile of stuff, but I asked just for the 9000 and the big-ass tape deck that matched it and told him to re-list the other gear.
  13. Deczor

This is just plain scary

This one originated from trademe. Hadn't had bugger all use all its life. Jsut dust accumulation. It's going through a recap at the moment, but it's still all within factory spec, so I figured to hook it up and see. I like it a lot. Might need to toss a coin to see if this or the quad 606...
  14. Deczor

This is just plain scary

Quite possibly the only functioning G9000 in New Zealand: That's no moon!
  15. Deczor

Photograhpy tips for showing off your system

I'm enjoying playing with long exposures with the apature as closed as it can be. Get lots of detail that way and preserve warmth. As everyone else says, stable surface is a must. I wish I had a decent tripod. :-(
  16. Deczor

Champagne Jam

Wow! Nice set indeed. normally I'm not a huge fan of the look of champagne stuff, but stacked like that it looks excellent. I'd donate my HPM-100's if you were in NZ! Are you not worried about the amp getting a bit warm though?
  17. Deczor

Sansui AU-555a Clean Up - Going Well

Thanks guys. It's a funny thing, but I feel good about doing this stuff for him and that makes me feel a little bad. I really don't want this to be about the pleasure of helping a friend, but the simple act of helping him. Sure, it feels good to do so, but there is a wee battle in my head saying...
  18. Deczor

Sansui AU-555a Clean Up - Going Well

I know, thread mining isn't really allowed, but this project has come to an interesting middle, so I thought I'd share. A mate of mine had a severe brain stem stroke at christmas. It was very touch-and-go for a few weeks. He was totally paralysed (didn't even have control of his eyes). He's...
  19. Deczor

Oops

Depends on what they are. I've had tweeters in the DM series do that kind of thing before. it's an easyish fix if you have a very fine tip soldering iron and a very, very steady hand.
  20. Deczor

Osama Bin Ladin is DEAD!!!!

Oh, for sure. Don't get me wrong there. He had everything coming to him and then some. I've seen pictures of people that have been messed up in the arab world with all the conflict there. Hell, I've seen footage of a man getting his hands sawed off in Iraq (watched a very graphic documentary...
  21. Deczor

Damn, I just saw the picture of him. Man... that's messed up.
  22. Deczor

Even in New Zealand we appreciate his and your efforts. Well done guys. Kind regards from a grateful planet.
  23. Deczor

Rate your system 1-10

on a scale of 1 to 10, eh? Well, taking in cost factor, value, depreciation, visual appearance, funtionality, awesome and other mitigating factors, I'd give mine a TOTAL SCORE: 44
  24. Deczor

Drummers! Post pics of your kit!

Got me a new kit. It's a Premier "Outfit 54". 470 pounds in 1960, these things migrated to NZ in the late 70's and were unused and unloved until I got them on thursday. Shells are mint, apart from the UV fading on the wrap. In terms of the wood though, I've not seen vintage, or even lots of new...
Back
Top Bottom