Search results

1. interalian

VPI TNT MK2.5 belts (PFA)

:thumbsup:
  2. interalian

VPI TNT MK2.5 belts (PFA)

Anybody know what belt lengths I need for the rim drive and and the small belt from the motor to the first pulley? Mine are stretched out and need replacement. TIA
  3. interalian

my new nad and tinnitus

My tinnitus started after a Stanley Cup playoff game in Calgary in 2004. Since then it's been a varying annoyance that keeps me from enjoying conversation in environments where a lot of people are talking. Music has been affected to a degree, but it's aggravated more by less than stellar...
  4. interalian

Older audiophiles checking out

The only person in my family who might appreciate my gear is my nephew. I put a TT together for him a couple of years ago and he's got a nice vintage amp and speakers. I'll remember him in my will. Somebody on this thread itemized his gear with value - good idea.
  5. interalian

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Hey Marc, I've been away for a long time and just found this thread. Thanks for the tips you've provided - helped me dial in my 'barn find' G+ nicely. I hope your treatments go well. Looking forward to many more tips once my listening room is finished.
  6. interalian

Is it OK to be happy with your system?

Yes, and it knows how to use them. As for subs paired in, my ancient a/d/s/ MS-4 plays very well with the Newform 645s. I tried it in about 20 places in the room and it plays well everywhere. Ended up leaving it in the corner. Supposedly plays down to 17Hz - not quite the 'brown note', but you...
  7. interalian

Is it OK to be happy with your system?

This must be true. I'm happy with my system. I'm also content. And I live in Canada. The trifecta. Y'all should try it.
  8. interalian

Your stopping point amp/receiver...

Aside from the media player, I've been about 10 years on the gear in my sig line. No desire to change anything. My next 'stopping point' will be the new listening space I'm building in the basement.
  9. interalian

Can I Hear Higher Than I'd Thought? Can You?

It was the Rush - cleaned out your pipes!
  10. interalian

Songs that stab you right in the heart.

This version of "To Love Is To Bury". Natalie Merchant just kills it. I mean Margo did it first but Natialie did it better. Tragically Hip "Fiddler's Green" Don McLean "The Grave" Paul Simon "Silent Eyes"
  11. interalian

Tinnitus?

I got tinnitus in 2004 after a summer of concerts after marital breakup. 54 now and it's never worsened or abated. Actually, it wasn't the concerts that did it, it was the Stanley Cup playoff games I attended (Boo Flames, you suck). The sound level from screaming fans apparently exceeded 130db...
  12. interalian

New listening room with an odd shape

Do you notice any oddness about the sound?
  13. interalian

A wee animation:
  14. interalian

Just modelling the 3 4x2 Expedit units I already have - it's an exercise to see how it'll all fit. One benefit of the Newform R645 is there's no need for ceiling treatment as the ribbons beam horizontally with very little upward/downward dispersion. I plan on room treatments for other...
  15. interalian

No room for a corner cab as it is turning out. Drawing continues.
  16. interalian

Drawings continue. SketchUp is far from AutoCAD's user interface, so I've been struggling to learn all the various commands. Getting there.
  17. interalian

Looks good. I have a lot of pre-planning to do. Got side tracked drawing my Newforms. But I just HAVE to know how they'll look in the room.
  18. interalian

What did you do between the upstairs floor and ceiling, any insulation? Resilient channel? Mass loading? For power, I've planned for a 20A dedicated power circuit with one drop behind each speaker (for the sub, and in case I end up with monoblocks), one behind the amp in the center, and then...
  19. interalian

We're starting a basement development project and I've been "green lighted" by SWMBO for a proper listening room. Problem is, the layout may be compromised due to the desire to not feel like you're walking down into a hallway. Have a look at the picture for what is in the plans. The room is...
  20. interalian

If I die, what happens to my gear?

My wife calls it her 'retirement fund' and knows people who will get the right money for it. Me? I'll be dead, so no skin off my willy. I missed out on a mint Akai TOTL setup including a GX-747 RtR going for $100, obviously sold by somebody who had no clue about its worth.
  21. interalian

Has anyone ever heard of counterfit Record Cartridges or Needles ?

Tell me about it. I have a Stanton 981HZS that has low hours on the original stylus. Sadly its suspension is soft and it rides low. I bought a replacement from LP Gear and it is crap. I went back to running the OE stylus on my secondary TT (Sony 555 linear tracking biotracer) and it still sounds...
  22. interalian

Dropped $850 bucks on a power conditioner and nothing improved.

Lather, rinse, repeat... Back to the thread though. An earlier comment about MOVs and age is partly true. MOVs do degrade when they are exposed to surges, not in ordinary use. Until they start to see voltage close to their rated breakdown voltage, they are just benignly sitting across the power...
  23. interalian

LT-30 back in the shop

With the 2M Black it's very good, although for now I'm just playing it through an old NAD 7240PE and my B&W P7 cans. We'll see how it does once hooked up to the big rig.
  24. interalian

LT-30 back in the shop

Another (final?) update. Took the sled out again (PITA) and it turns out there's a brass pin that operates off the lift gear rack and sure enough, the grease had solidified. I sprayed a few drops of contact cleaner into it and worked it up and down a few times. Re-assembled and it's working like...
  25. interalian

Things that can't be un-heard

Spoken word at the start of "On Any Other Day" by Police. "The other ones are complete bull$hit"
Back
Top Bottom