Search results

1. hotroady

The Fisher X-1000 and EFB

Dave how can I PM you? Hoping you can.possibly do some work for me
  2. hotroady

Thank you so much Dave. I managed to paint myself into a corner..should have just waited until I had all caps at hand. I sure like you have done with that amp ! I will be like Charly Heston. ..they can have my X-1000, when they pry my cold dead fingers from the volume control.
  3. hotroady

EL34 Comparisons

GE/Sylvania fat bottles, of course!
  4. hotroady

Ok have some pics of bypasses and Cardas
  5. hotroady

Ok have some pics of bypasses and Cardas rcas
  6. hotroady

7. hotroady

Dave, I messed up. I made a picture of where I was recapping for reference, however I did not move caps and resistors out of line of site to tube pin outs. I already recapped channel A with Jupiter beeswax. I did not have the two needed .10 caps for channel B until today.I I am posting V10 and...
  8. hotroady

I think Pink Floyd has a song out about your X-1000, Dave. "Welcome to the Machine"
  9. hotroady

As I managed to motorboat mine with adding too much gain with my Loki in circuit, I would have to be careful with the throttle lol
  10. hotroady

No link...I may be able to post some pics, though. I should have took some pics of the stock set up, before I did it. Certainly like to have some stock (under the hood pics of Fisher X-1000, also. If I knew how well it would turnout, I would of documented much better. My Tech said it is the...
  11. hotroady

Are Relays, Switches and Jacks destroying the audio signal? Are non-essential ones worth bypassing?

Having just posted something related to the subject, I would suggest not to knock it, until you tried it. I HAVE thought about it before..like 4 yrs ago. Now, having done it about a week ago. I wish I had been bolder, sooner. Could care less who pooh poohs the idea, either! I am now; in the...
  12. hotroady

So now it's over 4 yrs, and finally I got around to bypassing the space expander, Low filter, High filter, and tape monitor. Brave new minimalist approach. Actually, very cost effective. Higher Fidelity for low bucks. Dumped a ton of grunge. Black background and getting blacker, with selective...
  13. hotroady

Cabinet Damping?

The thing with the sound barrier is that you can overdo it. The most you can do is three sides. I always leave backwall of cabinet uncovered, for reflecting waves. The 11/4in stuff really absorbs.
  14. hotroady

The Klipsch Five's

I run a Schitt mani and loki w custom power supply with my turntable.
  15. hotroady

The Klipsch Five's

Hey SET12, Hope you are doing well. Yes..you have downsized a bit. Space is at a premium at times! I Remember when I was in a 1 bedroom efficiency. I had a pair of RB-25's, with nodded cabs I mounted them on hooks in corners of ceiling. Man that woofer got tight with volume. Sounded better...
  16. hotroady

Best "modern vintage" amps and preamps

Luxman CL-34 tube preamp.
  17. hotroady

Hearing tube tubes burn in?

Caps, tubes, cables can all take time to burn in.
  18. hotroady

Motorola Table Radio B100

Addy no worky! Could you PM me?
  19. hotroady

Yes Tom ! I am just sorts poking around trying to figure this out.
  20. hotroady

So this is an split load/cathodyne driven design? I can see where the coupling cap, can make a major difference.
  21. hotroady

I found a broken off lead on the 2nd 6BM8, #2pin. Is there supposed to be another 150 ohm resistor to ground there?
  22. hotroady

On the second 6bm8 is there also supposed to be a 150 ohm resistor to ground? Appears to be remains of a broken off lead there!
  23. hotroady

Sorry, took awhile. I did replace three electrolytic caps. Tubes are Ok...mostly around 60%. This little radio sounds very nice tonally. It has one 12ax7. I put a pigtail iec connector on it, so I could switch powercords. I put my HFC Ultimate powercord on it for two days burn in, along with an...
  24. hotroady

Old thread I know, but does someone know how to set bias on this? Got mine for 29 bucks about 6yrs ago. Very cool radio. Just going through it now.
Back
Top Bottom