Search results

1. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

I just found the ATN150SA. The site I was looking at has it for $210 on sale so $175 is appealing. I was debating a while ago going with a MC cart (HANA EL) or similar. Its definitely more wallet friendly. What should I expect to hear going to the shibata? Just more detail in the music? Im not...
  2. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

That's cheaper than I was finding. Just wondering if I should upgrade the stylus or get a new cartridge. I can go with an AT440mlb stylus. Microline vs Elliptical Decisions
  3. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

I have on some, and not on others. That's why I am trying to figure out of its the stylus or the records. The ellipse is supposed to be 0.3mil x 0.7mil. (0.00762mm X 0.0178 mm) That ellipse seems about right, or am I misunderstanding how they are cut?
  4. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

I ended up using some 91% iso to clean it up a good bit. I can still see the ellipse at the end of the diamond. This is the best picture that I could get with this cheap microscope.
  5. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

I tries the magic eraser and that's the result. Need to order a brush and see if I can get it cleaner.
  6. crackerkorean

Stylus Wear

Wow its been a little bit since I posted on here. Since all this pandemic stuff has been going on I have been going through my record collection organizing, listening, sorting etc. There have been times where semblance was an issue and I wasn't sure if it was a cartridge issue or a record...
  7. crackerkorean

Happy Birthday, crackerkorean!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I got to spend it at home with my wife and daughter, so it has been pretty great.
  8. crackerkorean

What are you drinking now?

A $10 Single Malt. It was on sale for $15 with a $5 rebate. Speyburn Bradan Orach (no age statement) Really is not bad at all, esp for the price. Beats the hell out of the Cleveland Bourbon that I had previously.
  9. crackerkorean

Last Post about this. This is a bit he did on a morning show in Cleveland. The whole dark chocolate to cleanse the pallet is new on me. http://www.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=286506
  10. crackerkorean

A friend of mine picked this up for me as a curiosity. The age the bourbon in something like 6 months to make it taste like one that has been eighteen years. Not even close. This stuff is horrid beyond all imagination. Even my wife who puts up with my telling her to try stuff said rubbing...
  11. crackerkorean

I am slowly working my way through the regions of Scotland. So far I have Speyside, Islay and the Highlands. Still need the Islands, Campbelltown and the Lowlands. The Dalmore bottle is really neat looking as well.
  12. crackerkorean

Last night it was Dalmore 12 Year Now, water.
  13. crackerkorean

Favorite Bourbon

My favorite so far was the first top shelf bourbon that I purchased. I am new to all this so there might be others out there but from the ones I have tried this is it. Bowman Brothers from A. Smith Bowman here in VA
  14. crackerkorean

This was actually the other night, wouldn't mind getting more. A little harsh compared to some of the other bourbons but wasn't bad.
  15. crackerkorean

Jefferson 100% Rye mmmm
  16. crackerkorean

I am still new to the whole whiskey (whisky) world (incl. scotch and bourbon). I can taste similarities to the bourbons I have had but cant compare since I have not had many. I guess I need to pick up another bottle of rye to compare directly with this.
  17. crackerkorean

I got to open the bottle my wife picked out for me. Jefferson 10 Year Single Barrel Rye This is my first rye and I like it.
  18. crackerkorean

The wife got this while she was picking out another bottle of whisky for me. Since it's local and cheap she figured it would be funny for me to have it. Its not the best I have had but its not bad. Spicy and is bourbon flavored. I won't buy a large bottle but ill finish my glass.
  19. crackerkorean

This was actually the drink of last night. Very different from the only other single malt that I have tried. (The Glenlivet)
  20. crackerkorean

Boundary Waters conoing

Clean dry socks. The portages are usually soggy and you feet will get wet from getting in and out of the canoes. Best feeling in the world when you get to camp, putting on clean dry socks. Red Devil Spoons, never used anything else while I was up there and caught everything.
  21. crackerkorean

Getting my feet wet when it comes to, whiskey (whiskey, bourbon, scotch) This is the third bottle I have bought and really happy with it. A. Smith Bowman - Bowman Brothers (Virginia Straight Bourbon Whiskey)
  22. crackerkorean

Prayers, Kind Thoughts Appreciated...

I am not seeing any photos showing up in your feed Sandy.
  23. crackerkorean

Prayers, Kind Thoughts Appreciated...

Good vibes your way! The wife was induced last Oct for our first little one and it was just fine in the end.
  24. crackerkorean

Question for the Roadies

I am a somewhat active member there and searched about the rusting but never posted about it. I will do that tonight and see if anybody has suggestions. Will go ahead and take pictures etc. If I do decide to keep the frame I want to get it painted pretty much exactly as it is. I wanted a...
Back
Top Bottom