Search results

1. bradman16

Alpine AL-65 Cassette Deck (rare) volume knob replacement?

anyone? Still looking!
  2. bradman16

needed: Marantz RC-4 Quad remote control knobs

Anyone know where I can find a one or both knob for an RC-4? Thanks!
  3. bradman16

Alpine AL-65 Cassette Deck (rare) volume knob replacement?

I I have this deck with a broken output knob (volume) - it's the knob on the far left side. Anyone know of someone parting this deck out or of a model (some common model) that uses a similar knob? I don't mind modifying one, might have to. I can "glue" something onto the part that's broken...
  4. bradman16

DAC UPGRADE older 24/96 to 24/192 Burr Brown Chip?

Thanks for the advice, this was one of the DACs that I was actually looking at! I will check this out and also as @Billyk suggested looking at the actual chip that I am thinking of changing out and go from there. The current Schiite DACs are apparently upgradeable for "future proofing" but I...
  5. bradman16

DAC UPGRADE older 24/96 to 24/192 Burr Brown Chip?

Hi everyone, I tried to find a thread that was specific to my situation. I am eyeballing some decent OLDER DACs that are 24/96 or 24/48 capable, I like their prices. Can anyone point me to a thread/page that would help me decide what's involved in upgrading an audiophile DAC unit (as opposed to...
  6. bradman16

AMPEX reel tape auto-reversing Tones? DOWNLOAD or info?

Yes, that's a good plan. That is what I did, I just got an ampex tape and hooked it up, ripped the tone to the PC then to the CD for archival purposes. I was just being lazy and wanted to download the tone rather than have to put the R2R where I could plug it into my sound card etc...thanks for...
  7. bradman16

AMPEX reel tape auto-reversing Tones? DOWNLOAD or info?

Hi I am trying to track down these test tones that were put on the AMPEX pre-recorded reel to reel tapes. I understand they are a 20Hz rumble of sorts? Can someone provide specific information as to what works exactly - or even better, does someone have a source/link where I could download...
  8. bradman16

DAC advice PC to DAC to Reel (highest frequency resp)

Oh nice suggestions. I was aware of the ASUS but overlooked it previously, maybe I will take another look at that and the Grace unit, that is pretty darn sweet! Hmmm...I will take a read and post back. Anyone else is welcome to join in here. The specs on the Grace m903 are pretty insane, by the...
  9. bradman16

DAC advice PC to DAC to Reel (highest frequency resp)

I have tried to find the answer, but does anyone know of a few digital to analog converters that would suit this situation: it will be between my PC and reel tape (Sony tc 880-2 and a Technics 1500US) I am trying to find one that will provide the best frequencies (no loss) from original...
  10. bradman16

DAC advice -PC to Tape, Specific needs: L/R output gain

Thanks ! I will check it out anyway, I can not seem to find what I am looking for so maybe I will have to spend a bit more. I do appreciate your advice!
  11. bradman16

DAC advice -PC to Tape, Specific needs: L/R output gain

HI everyone, I have been reading and reading the threads on DACs and shopping, reading some more. But I can not find one that has these specific features. I will be brief: 24/192 minimum (*MIGHT settle for 24/96 if the rest of the needs are met) good SNR 100db+ and good shielding etc...
  12. bradman16

Pics of your listening space

nyc?
  13. bradman16

Pioneer SX 950 receiver output stopped, clicked, started again, now no sound.

OK, thanks for the tips, I have dabbled with electronics repair for 20 odd years, often when something like this happens I sell it for parts. However, this one is a keeper to me. I will post back when I find the solution. What you said makes sense, it was not particularly well ventilated, and I...
  14. bradman16

Pioneer SX 950 receiver output stopped, clicked, started again, now no sound.

Hi, I am sure there is a thread on here, but I can not find it. Can someone point me in the right direction please? I have a Pioneer SX 950 I have been using for years. Recently the sound would stop, the power transformed/output transformer? would "click" and reset. The power itself stayed on...
  15. bradman16

Today's classical playlist

Old post but I am listening to this as well. Love it! There's a nice copy on that auction site too...if anyone has been looking, and it's a rare one!
  16. bradman16

Trying to identify a part from schematic Sony reel to reel TC-630

Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time here. You know, I do not think that is what it looks like, the piece that's missing. I really should take some time and try and hunt it down. I have a fairly good memory and I think it was a solid piece without any switching mechanism, the wires went in and...
  17. bradman16

Hi Mark T! Thanks a million! You are "the man". All I remember is it was the one grey piece, no cap, maybe it was something integrated? Regardless, I will look at the service manual for what you suggest. Much appreciated, and I am sure that your 1,400 posts have help other people like me, so...
  18. bradman16

HI everyone, I was repairing this TC-630 reel to reel about a year ago, and you know how things go sometimes, I am now picking the project back up again. And I have misplaced the part I took out :s. It was a grey relay or switch of some kind. I have included the schematic with an arrow pointing...
  19. bradman16

Oddball PIONEER Speakers TS-1690 with adjustable tweeter angle. Anyone seen these?

haha nice! ya they are "tilt axial 4 way". The sound is decent for sure. you can tilt the tweeter from 10.5 to 60 degrees. The cabs are 1inch MDF with reinforced plywood in the corners. Well made cabinets. I am likely going to let the speakers go and keep the cabs. Thanks for the input guys. I...
  20. bradman16

Oddball PIONEER Speakers TS-1690 with adjustable tweeter angle. Anyone seen these?

Thanks for the replies, thats what I came up with too, the TS-designation seemed to be car audio but these look so much like book shelf speaks. I was fooled but now I know! thanks guys
  21. bradman16

Hi I have a pair of these pioneers- TS-1690, I think they are a 4 inch driver with an adjustable tweeter angle, I can no find anything on these anywhere. Anyone know about them? Rare I am guessing as I bought them from an audiophile collector but I do not know anything about them. Any help will...
  22. bradman16

Sony TC 765 reel to reel tape Head COVER damage, anyone know of a parts machine?

Hey R-2-R, Ebzen, Dr*audio, Oldschool, and everyone else I missed, thanks again for your help. I am pretty experienced with gear in general but, this seems to be a bit tricky. I do think that it's tarnished and I tried a minuscule area with the tip of a screwdriver to see if there was anything...
  23. bradman16

Sony TC 765 reel to reel tape Head COVER damage, anyone know of a parts machine?

Hi Thanks for the replies, here are a few pictures. It's hard to show it, but the bright silver finish is gone...thanks again. Cheers, Brad
  24. bradman16

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Reel to Reel tape deck, model TC 765 which needs a head cover or a restoration of the one on it at the moment. Last owner decided to use some kind of cleaning agent on this deck which I now own, and the metal is tarnished (half is half isnt, will post a pic soon). If...
  25. bradman16

Anyone read Korean? I am desperate PLEASE HELP

haha no no no and nope. and not cotton, thanks anyways! I had a good laugh outta this though....still dont have an answer though! thanks guys
Back
Top Bottom