Search results

1. bryblob

Asking for Amplifier troubleshooting help. Proton AA-2120

I soldered one back in with the old bulbs and the other with the new LED's how they were originally minus the LED's. I disconnected the lead from the meters going to a quick connect on a circuit board and tested for continuity between positive and negative. One meter was shorted. This little...
  2. bryblob

Asking for Amplifier troubleshooting help. Proton AA-2120

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've logged on here. I pulled out an amplifier that has been sitting for a while to see if I could get it going again. Here's the story: I bought a Proton AA-2120 dual mono amplifier a few years back that worked fine but had dim lights for the VU meters. I...
  3. bryblob

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Thank you, it's a sour pancake like flatbread made with Teff flower. Instead of kitchen utensils you rip off a piece of bread and scoop up the food with it.
  4. bryblob

Siga Wat (ethiopian beef stew). I had a craving after eating at a local ethiopian restaurant. Found some injera at a local place and bought some berbere spice online and went at it. Turned out pretty good.
  5. bryblob

Homemade chicken pot pie, hit the spot!
  6. bryblob

My Spidey Senses are tingling

So I used to do network maintenance for Charter Spectrum and a big part of the job was tracking down interference. If it's bad enough and causing issues we were supposed to knock on the door and try to get in to fix it. This was the worst because you had to try to explain that its causing issues...
  7. bryblob

Correct way to place tweeters of the speakers...!

Typically it's inward. My source is 16 years of reading the AK forums trying to soak up info.
  8. bryblob

Acoustic guitar w/electric pick-up

I found a yamaha FG700S (model before the FG800) for sale locally for $80 so I bought it. Im comparing this to my early 80's yamaha, the neck is thinner and easier to play. I have to put new strings on it, cant compare that until I do. It looks way nicer with the nato back and sides, pearl...
  9. bryblob

Did you end up choosing something?
  10. bryblob

You loosen the strings, and each end wedges on each side of the sound hole then tighten the screws and plug in the cable.
  11. bryblob

Fisman neo-d is supposed to be good at $60.
  12. bryblob

Soundhole pickups are easy to install yourself and sound good. You can save youself an installation fee. You could spend $50 to $300.
  13. bryblob

The yamaha FG800 is an awesome acoustic for around $200 with a solid spruce top. This does not have electronics built in but personally I would just get that installed separately. My first acoustic was the model that the FG800 replaced, I actually wish I never sold it because it put a lot of...
  14. bryblob

Need some help with connection compatibility...

Some sound bars have an hdmi input and an hdmi output. You connect the source to the input and then the output goes to the tv. This would solve the problem I thinks.
  15. bryblob

Broken connecting rod, or whatever this is called

yep, looks like someone already did a workaround with that orange wire, I would just snip off the connecting bar and call it good.
  16. bryblob

Homemade ground beef stroganoff
  17. bryblob

Homemade sesame chicken turned out pretty good
  18. bryblob

Lo Mein noodles, sauce is onion ginger garlic, chicken stock, chili garlic sauce, soy sweet and dark, sriracha, sugar, star anise. Some other stuff.
  19. bryblob

WiFi signal loss intermitent.......what's the cause

G Good point, this happens on my windows 10 laptop. Have to disable then enable the wifi adapter to get it to connect again. This is why I asked if the list if SSID's still show up when this happens.
  20. bryblob

how far away are you from the router and are you on the 2G or 5G band? You should run a speedtest and give the results, if it is really low you may have some interference issues. A lot of these issues are on the 2g band, there are les on 5G but it still happens. When I worked for Charter...
  21. bryblob

If you have an android phone you can download a wifi analyzer for free and see your signal strength. You can walk around see if there are deadspots and find the best placement. Also note that if you connect to the 5G band it is going to be a lot faster but will not reach as far as the 2G band...
  22. bryblob

Tried a new recipe for Tikka Masala from YouTube. This stuff never gets old.
Back
Top Bottom