Search results

1. L

marantz cd-430

I have a marantz vintage compact disc player cd-403. problem is it is not listed anywhere on the internet. it does not exist. i have looked long and hard but still nothing comes up. It works fine and I have onwed it for about 5 years now, I bought it at a thrift shop. does anyone have any info...
  2. L

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

records I have just finished listening to Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter Next will be Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood then Roland & Bluesworkshop - 20 years
  3. L

I have been listening to Junior wells - buddy guy - otis spann on piano Southside Blues Jam Great blues album
  4. L

Mostlly I been listening to blues this month tonight it is Koko Taylor -- "An audience with the Queen" Jimmy Reed-- " Bright lights Big city" Albert King -- "Live wire/Blues power
  5. L

dynaco A25 with different tweeter

I just picked these up today at the SA and found them to be a bit different from my other pairs. They have the velcrow patches, an the grills stick out from the speakers (not inset). They also have ( what I think to be) is 1" tweeters and the control knob on the back has 3 setting (not 5).
  6. L

n00b wants vintage too

Try visiting the Salvation army on Moodie Dr. Lots of stuff there
  7. L

Marantz malady

Nice looking gear Take your time and learn as much as you can about them also you may want to check out the Marantz section
  8. L

tannoy speakers 633 around 1994

repair of Tannoys Thanks Gordon W for your reply Sounds like good ideas, I will take my time and try and make a good repair.
  9. L

tannoy speakers 633 around 1994

I was out walking my dogs on garbage pickup day when I came across a pair of speakers being thrown out. I was with my wife and she took one speaker and I the other, then headed for a 2 block walk back home. She doesn't mind this if they are small but these were a little heavy. they are in good...
  10. L

new acquisition AU-222

Au-222 Here are some pictures
  11. L

new acquisition AU-222

I though I would make my first Sansui a small one. I have lots of gear, mostly Marantz, but no Sansui until now. I picked it up at a thrift shop. the left channel comes on fast and strong then the right channel about 2 or 3 minutes later. I know it needs time to warm up but the first time I...
  12. L

What vintage gear are you playing tonight??

listening to my kenwood KT-33 tuner - KA-5500 kenwood amp -- klh 17 speakers I just found the Kenwoods in a thrift shop this week, great sound. usually I listen to my Marantz 2110 tuner - marantz 7t pre amp- marantz 15 amp with a pair of dynaco A25
  13. L

Worst Thrift Store Regrets

Yesterday I bought a pair of speakers from the local thrift shop, they were a little beat up but the drivers were in good shape. I paid 15 dollars, threw them in the suv and away I went. It only took about 2 min. and the smell hit me. they were probably stored in a moldy old crawl space for the...
  14. L

What's your opinion of Fisher/Sanyo gear from the 1970's/early 80's?

I found a sanyo DCA-311 intergrated amp in a thrift shop last summer. I have used it only a few time but it seems to play pretty good. since reading this thread I think I will hook it up and listen to it some more. I do like it looks.
  15. L

Which Marantz Did You Play Today?

2110 tuner with my 1070 and dynaco a-25s set up in the guest room
  16. L

Vintage setup Complete

I have a cr-600 that I like very much and may decide to do a yamaha set up next. I have most of my gear downstairs and the sound is much, much better. I have concret floor and walls, unfinished. keep us posted on your progress
  17. L

1150D acquisition

I just bought a 1150 a few weeks ago for a lot more than you paid, so you did good. the difference between the two is that the "D" has "dolby". When new, their was more money to be paid for the 1150D. I am also learning about my 1150 so any info you get will also help me.
  18. L

Marantz 1150 question

I just bought a Marantz 1150 and it looks like a 3600 preamp. just curious
  19. L

Marantz 1150 question

Question: Is the preamp on a Marantz 1150 the 3600
  20. L

Realistic Optimus 1 Pics

optimus I bought a pair of optimus 5b last month at the thrift shop and have been very suprised at the their sound. the realistic optimus speakers seems to be a very good line. here is a picture
  21. L

Got my first Marantz!

Good find thats how I got started on Marantz and now I cant stop.
  22. L

dynaudio msp 220 new addition

Here is a Picture
  23. L

dynaudio msp 220 new addition

I recently purchased a pair of dynaudio msp 220 speakers from the 2nd owner of these speakers. There is almost nothing written about this particular model. Has anyone else owned them and if so what do you think of them. I found some references to them from Europe but not much.
  24. L

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I have added some more since the last time I posted my Marantz gear Here is all my Marantz gear as of today, still looking for a Pre-amp 2230 receiver 2226 " 2110 tuner 1070 amp 15 amp cd-403 cd player 6025 TT
  25. L

update on Model 15 Refurbish

All that sounds great, what pre-amp and tuner are you going to use with your 15. the reason I ask is I have just recently bought a marantz 15 myself but still don't have a pre-amp.
Back
Top Bottom