Search results

1. D

Revitalizing AK

I absolutely agree with this. Which brings us to this quote. The problem with using a tool such as ChatGPT to figure out what transistor you should use as opposed to looking at data sheets is that you will not gain the knowledge as to why those transistors are compatible within the constraints...
  2. D

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

It's not just GM. They're all collecting and selling data on their customers. This has been a problem for a number of years now.
  3. D

What was the last movie you watched?

The Blues Brothers on Prime What a great vehicle to present a host of unbelievably talented musicians and singers to the world! I found it entertaining when I was a teen, and now, some 40+ years later I find it amazing. It boggles my mind to think of the cast now. It had to be quite a feat...
  4. D

Any cat lovers here?

Sorry to hear that Rockyhill. It's an inevitable ending. I wish they would live forever.
  5. D

What tv show are you currently binging?

I watch the series every four or five years. It's available somewhere streaming now, but wasn't until fairly recently. If you wanted the to watch it you had to buy the DVDs previously. I feel that Northern Exposure has a magical charm about it. I love the characters and find it to be...
  6. D

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

It could be the Unknown Comic's mom.
  7. D

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

I hope they do well in the tournament. They're one of those teams I always pull for. I didn't really get into basketball until probably '76-'77 years. Didn't really know what was going on - I was 12 at that time, but it was fun to watch. Heh. I would think that just about anyone would...
  8. D

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

Hadn't read this when I wrote my reply. Some of the best WWII productions ever.
  9. D

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

He was a producer on the miniseries Band of Brothers and The Pacific and the movie Saving Private Ryan as well. I recall he and Steven Spielberg years ago set out to produce some WWII era productions as they felt some realistic representations would do justice to those that served in the war...
  10. D

What was the last movie you watched?

Uncut Gems rented on Prime First, I didn't realize it was a movie that's nearing five years since it was released. I had heard it mentioned several times recently and it looked like something I should check out. It's intense. It rolls on a rapid pace showing the world that Adam Sandler's...
  11. D

I remember an underdog NC State team from way back in '83 lead by a charismatic coach by the name of Jim Valvano that won a championship in one of the most shocking upsets in collegiate basketball history. I'll never forget that game. That's one of a few incredible tournaments in that era that...
  12. D

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

Holt Hill Audio, LLC info@holthill.com 617.605.1922 www.holthill.com Holt Hill Audio, LLC 15 Union Street Suite 405 Lawrence MA 01840
  13. D

analog vs digital

pokin' the bear again, huh.
  14. D

analog vs digital

I'm trying to figure out why I would consider Bob Dylan's opinion...well, for anything.
  15. D

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

I have a Yamaha CX-1 preamp and MX-2 amp, and they're right in that age range. I pulled the amplifier and boxed it up in preparation to ship it off for maintenance several months ago. Found a shop in MA with a good reputation but the box is still sitting where it left it. I like this gear...
  16. D

My Hyundai car got stolen (Sept 2023)

I was thinking about the Northstar engines when I read this (some had issues), and thought I'd look up the car your son has. Couldn't find it. It doesn't exist in the 2013 Cadillac lineup shown here. 2013 Cadillac Model Line Up According to this Wikipedia page the last DeVille model year was...
  17. D

I'm just starting to get my understanding of the state of the various leagues and who looks good at this point. Last night I looked at the scores for the league tournaments, and at one point in the second half of that Miss State - Tennessee game Miss State was up by 30 points. I'd surmise that...
  18. D

Pioneer sx 1980,crazy price for lower end

While I'm not a collector of audio gear, I can appreciate that there are collectable components such as the SX-1980 that command what might seem like ridiculous prices to some. As has been pointed out several times, it's not so much about the performance, but what the item itself represents...
  19. D

The perils of modern air travel.....?

There's a show on Hulu about US Customs and Border Protection agents, and after seeing what shows up during luggage inspections at airports I'm not surprised to hear about this incident. I was shocked to see the variety of food that people bring into the US on flights. I would have never...
  20. D

Vintage Gear Frustration

My comment isn't a critique of those that buy and appreciate receivers. I simply don't use them. I'm glad you found some equipment that works for your requirements. I bought a hot air rework station several years ago (and a replacement) - both blew the circuit breaker and self-destructed too...
  21. D

Vintage Gear Frustration

This thread is an example of why I'd be cautious of buying used gear that has had questionable maintenance performed. From what I can surmise, this receiver had issues, and someone decided the catchall 'recap' was the solution. I'm not going to detail everything, but I wouldn't be...
  22. D

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

Just so there's no confusion regarding me remembering anything beyond 5 minutes ago - although I do remember a some stuff from CS's youth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Shelby
  23. D

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

He did a whole buncha things when he was younger. Had to quit racing because of a heart issue, which he had apparently since childhood. Was in the army air corp as a flight instructor during WWII, and then became a chicken farmer. Didn't get into racing until he was 29. As many race car...
  24. D

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

One does get the Seinfeld vibe of 'a thread about nothing'.
  25. D

USB Not working on Technics Stereo SL-G700m2 & SU-G700m2

That's a fairly recent model CD/SACD player from what I can tell - there should be a user manual available for it still. I'd check that to see what it has regarding what filesystem formats can mount.
Back
Top Bottom