Search results

1. F

Motor start capacitor, Ariston RD 11s and Valhalla power supply?

Did you have the start up problem, requiring a nudge, before you added the power supply? It was a struggle, but it would usually start slowly rotating straight away. If at all, it wold require only the slightest of nudges. When I now turn on the power, the platter remains resolutely stationery...
  2. F

Motor start capacitor, Ariston RD 11s and Valhalla power supply?

I have recently installed a Valhalla PS and I am very happy with the results except that I unless I give the platter a helping hand to get spinning it sits there and shudders. Once rotating it is strong and stable. The troubleshooting guide recommends checking R32 is 560k Ohms for this problem...
  3. F

Arcing, sparking and farting: BAT VK55

Task successfully accomplished: thank you for your assistance.
  4. F

RTV? I've found it, sold locally as Selleys 401.
  5. F

Ok, that's good. What is RTV though?
  6. F

I've recently noticed increasing popping through one channel. On start up yesterday, I noticed a bit of arcing on the pcb. I have attached a photo which show the track of the arc. It is a double sided pcb and the problem is confined to one side. I have given it a blast of servisol and measured...
  7. F

Two arms, two turntables, which combination?

I have a Thorens TD125 II with the TP16 I arm and an Ariston RD11s with a Micro Seiki CF1 arm and have bought an ADC LMF1 with the intention of putting it on the Thorens, but wonder if that's the best combination or would the CF1 be better on the Thorens. Any opinions? Cartridge options include...
  8. F

CDX 1060 as transport and has a wonky display

I have one of these spectacular machines. I love the solidity and smoothness of the tray mechanism; the best I have ever experienced. Unfortunately it has a wonky display but more of that in a moment. A cdx 1100 has come up for sale and I wonder how both the mechanism and the laser compare...
  9. F

1965 Console circuit diag attached: any info?

Thanks Gadget, great information. It confirms my thought it was a bolt. It seems the radio section could be removed without much trouble or loss of amenity which leaves spare some heater and HT circuits. Could they somehow be employed gainfully?
  10. F

No. I didn't check the attachments closely after up loading. Why do they invert?
  11. F

Yes, its called Kriesler Multi Sonic Stereo 11-104. I did get a bit more information googling that: I think it might have been a botl.
  12. F

I warmed up this $15 console tonight and it sounded much better than I expected as I didn't expect it to work. I am now making plans:scratch2:. I have attached a few photos of the circuit diagram. The line up is 6V4, 2 @ 6M5, 12AX7, 6N8 and 6AN7. I note there is not much information on the...
  13. F

Broken Thorens TD125 II tonearm lift cable

Hello Lee: I just saw your post. Short of taking the table apart again, it looks very close, although my broken inner cable measures about 260mm. There is some adjustment for the outer cable at the switch end but I cannot recall if there was any at the lift end. I will have a look on the...
  14. F

Excellent suggestion. The local fishing store did not sell that particular product, but I bought some trace wire which has done the trick nicely. At 13kg breaking strain, it should be just about adequate to lift the Thorens tonearm.
  15. F

Thanks for that idea. Any other suggestions welcome.
  16. F

Greetings! Can anyone tell me where I could obtain a new cable for the lift mechanism? Thanks in advance.
  17. F

Little Bear Tube Phono Pre??

Voltage divider question I bought one of these a few months ago but it did not work. The eBay seller send two replacement valves, but that did not fix the problem, so he sent me a new (stuffed) board that arrived earlier this week. Except for not too intrusive but seemingly ubiquitous hum, it...
  18. F

Audio Technica AT 410

In goes the Garrott Well, I installed the Garrott tonight and my first impression is that it has a clarity and timbre far superior to the AT, even though I don't necessarily trust first impressions. The change over was made relatively simple by the identical height, so no alteration to the arm...
  19. F

Audio Technica AT 410

Manfred, thank you for your excellent response. I posted a reply last night, but it has not appeared, so I will try again. The Garrott P77 has a compliance of 18 x 10-6cm/Dyne, a mass of 5.8gm and a good reputation. It was last employed on a Thorens TD105 in days when I had nothing to...
  20. F

Audio Technica AT 410

Gruesse Dich Manfred, The cartridge is indeed the AT 401E/OCC, and looks similar to the AT110E, at least in the colour of the stylus carrier. Are you familiar with it?
  21. F

Audio Technica AT 410

Does any one have any information or impressions of this cartridge? Essentially, I want to compare it with a Garrott P77 without having to readjust the suspension, VTA etc. The TT is a Thorens 125 II with TP16 arm. Other cart options are Shure V15 types 3 or 4, but I read the TP 16 requires...
  22. F

Why did the rectifier fall off?

Guilty of poor preparation probably; I will revisit/re solder tomorrow.
  23. F

Wall voltage a scintillating 251V, and the amp is set up for 230V ( 900va). I have a heatsink I can mount on the rectifier, (noting that I have used this amp fairly constantly for 3 or 4 years already) as soon as I obtain some more heat conductive glue. I am very appreciative of all the...
  24. F

I think I was mistaken about the shear: there were no stubs when I cleaned out the holes in the pcb. I have now reinstalled the rectifier and woohoo, music! I let the amp run for a few minutes then switched it all off. The rectifier was hot but not that I could not keep my finger on it...
  25. F

I think it did shear because there is no solder residue on the legs of the rectifier and there are stubs remaining in the PCB. What conditions need to exist for shear to occur?
Back
Top Bottom