Search results

1. barrynsue

Hey folks!Just taking a minute to re-introduce myself

Just checking back in after a long hiatus. Still located in Southeastern Virginia and while I haven’t been doing any major acquisitions of late, I still like to see what’s happening in the audio world. Welcome all the new folks and cheers to all the old line folks. Hoping all has been well and...
  2. barrynsue

McIntosh MC240 and 275 Tube Cage sizes

I have this McIntosh cage and while I thought it was for a 240, now I’m not sure. Approx measurement below: L - 13.25” H - 4” D - 4.75” Any help is appreciated as I no longer have either to check. Thanks folks.
  3. barrynsue

McIntosh MC2500 Part# 008811 Circuit Breaker

I know this is a long shot but if anyone has this available, please let me know. Circuit Breaker for McIntosh MC2500-Part# 008811
  4. barrynsue

Can anyone answer what is probably an easy B&W ?

Hi to all: I am replacing the driver on a B&W SIG 805 but after removing the screws, the trim ring does not budge. I want to be careful not to damage the wood so I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction Thanks, Barry
  5. barrynsue

Greeting from an "OLD" member

Have been away from the boards for a while but checking back in. Looks like many of the familiar names are still around. Glad to see it and hoping all is great with everyone! Will try and take some time to get back into posting. See you all on the forums. Barry
  6. barrynsue

Been away from site for a while but checking back in

It has been quite some time other than maybe one or two posts over the last year and thought I better check in on you folks and say hi! Had so much going on in my life that the audio side (other than listening) had not been a priority but lately, have missed the banter, wit, and general...
  7. barrynsue

Genalex Gold Lion B759 tubes

While looking at a piece of equipment that a friend had just picked up, I saw they had three GL B759 tubes in it. He asked if I would sell the piece for him. Told him I would and he had no issue if I wanted the tubes. So, figuring these were decent, I did in fact replace them in his unit...
  8. barrynsue

Altec 9844-8B speakers

Hi everyone, Have an opportunity to purchase some Altecs 9844-8B speakers in so-so condition (cosmetically) but I am totally unfamiliar with pricing on this particulal model. I have never asked a "What's this worth?" type question here before, but really have no real idea of what to pay or...
  9. barrynsue

Phish Phans are headed our way!

Just thought I may get a little PR going as well as save my property! We are on the main entry to Hampton Coliseum and PHISH will be starting their new tour at the Hampton Coliseum, which is affectionately known to them as the "Mothership". Within 5 minutes of the sign going up, we had 4...
  10. barrynsue

My visit with Ivan!

To all who have ever considered heading to sunny FL to visit the mouse, but looking for a little "adult" entertainment along the way, you may want to make time to say Hi to MasterLu and visit his adult theme park! Fist let me state that Ivan is a most gracious host. He made time to meet with...
  11. barrynsue

Anyone heard of the Flashback Tour

I am interested in attending the Flashback tour as it seems like a different experience to enjoy much of the music we enjoyed grwoing upand supposed to have a great laser light show. Haven't been to a concert in years but it is local at the Hampton Coliseum. Not exactly sure how great it...
  12. barrynsue

Anyone near Northwest Las Vegas for a P/U only?

Not sure if we have many members near LV but there is a kiln there that I am hoping could go pick up for me. I don't need it shipped as I am willing to call someone in to do so but would need it coordinated. That being stated, if anyone is coming to the East Coast (I am in Virginia) be...
  13. barrynsue

Happy Mother's Day Reminder

Just wanted to remind everyone who is fortunate enough to still have a mother or caregiver who supported their every effort in life, to let them you know how much they mean to you. Realizing not everyone is as fortunate as I have been to have a mother like mine, just wanted to send a reminder...
  14. barrynsue

What should I do while in Ann Arbor MI?

I have never been up to this part of the country but will be taking my daughter up to U of Michigan for her orientation from June 24-26. They have a full program and will be staying on campus and the parents will have their own day sessions, but separate form the kids. I won't have a car...
  15. barrynsue

Another scammer has "Borrowed" my MC-240 pics.

I just saw a listing for a McIntosh MC-240 that I had sold last year being offered up again by a scammer. Just wanted everyone here to know in case you were thinking about bidding. The current bid was placed by me to ensure no one is scammed (at least by being the winning bidder. I don't...
  16. barrynsue

WARNING! McIntosh MC-240 on eBay is a FRAUD

I just saw a listing for a McIntosh MC-240 that I had sold last year being offered up again by a scammer. Just wanted everyone here to know in case you were thing about bidding. The current bid was placed by me to ensure no one is scammed. I don't have the auction # any longer so I can't...
  17. barrynsue

McIntosh MX-110 Outer Glass availability

It is late on a Saturday evening and I cannot contact McIntosh or AC and ws wondering if anyone has attempted to purchase any outer glass for these lately. Ron C. had mentioned that mcIntosh was doing quite a few pieces on a limited run so I am hoping there are a few around. I must have a...
  18. barrynsue

WOW! Fantastic Gift from my Daughters

My two girls (17/19) gave me a fantastic birthday gift. A $450 gift cert. to the Richard Petty Ultimate Driving Experience! :banana::banana: http://www.1800bepetty.com/home.aspx We were down in Orlando a mont ago and drove by the Petty/Disney track and mentioned that it would be fun...
  19. barrynsue

AR-2ax Questions serial 3's and surrounds

To all of you knowledgeable AR folks. Just picked up a verny nice pair of AR-2ax speakers in original boxes/packing. I have a couple of questions that I know some of you already know. 1) What serial #'s did these start with? Mine are not consecutive although purchased at the same time by...
  20. barrynsue

Any Member need a Copy of a Thorens TD-124 Manual?

If any member needs a scan copy of an original Thorens TD-124 Operating Manual, please PM me with your email address and I will be happy to send one. Believe this one is from 1959 and has operating, packing info as well as parts list and more! All I ask is if you feel it is helpful to you...
  21. barrynsue

Is Sansui SD-5050 R2R 4 Channel?

Hi folks, eceived a call from a gentleman that is moving and looking to sell his early 70's Sansui gear as he is downsizing for a move to a retirement facility. Stopped by and he has a QR-6500 receiver, four, Sp-1500 speakers and a R2R that I believe stated was four channel. He told me on...
  22. barrynsue

Anyone have info on EICO HF-35 Amps?

Just found a pair of Eico HF-35 Mono amps sitting in my storage building (temp controlled) and came across a pair of Eico HF-35 amps. I have absolutely no information regarding these other than the schematic I found online and believe they were manufactured in the early 60's. When I searched...
  23. barrynsue

There is an alternative to Paypal if you want to accept Credit Cards

Not sure if everyone knows this or not but Google has a CC payment processing system that is similar to Paypal but cheaper. They have been running it with no costs until the end of the year. I believe the cost is 2% plus .30 starting 1 January, 2008. I find that being able to accept credit...
  24. barrynsue

Big Auction with Altec, McIntosh Marantz, EV, Klipsch and much More in CT 11/17

Don't know anything about this auction house but looks like they are having a tremendous Audio Auction in willmantic, CT on 11/17/07. They are also posting it as a Live Auction on ebay but if you are anywhere close by, they are some great speakers that on would not want to have shipped...
  25. barrynsue

Enola Gay Pilot Paul Tibbetts Passes Away

http://www.legacy.com/dailypress/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonID=97120088 Although I'm sure most know, an American patriot passed away. It must have been difficult to have dealt with all of the surrounding controversy over the years but I believed he and his crew not only saved...
Back
Top Bottom