Search results

1. PR Audio

Need a secret source for EL84M tubes...

Have you tried TAD EL84-STR or their TAD EL84S-STR, had the first for a long time and IMO they sound much better than the EL84M, which they also have.
  2. PR Audio

Just Received my new Arcam SA-10

After a couple of days of use I notice that with some material low's are augmented, not in a bad or annoying way, but simply accentuated. Mid's and High's are simply beautiful sounding. After reading some reviews, I connected my CDP using the optical output to the Arcam's optical input. I had my...
  3. PR Audio

Just Received my new Arcam SA-10

I wouldn't know how to write a proper review of an amplifier, I can for speakers, but not for an amp. Yesterday I received an Arcam SA-10 integrated amp I ordered from a well known online retailer, which I consider one of the best in the business. The original price was $799.00, but they had a...
  4. PR Audio

Amazed or Disappointed (Triangle Borea BR02/SF Venere 2.0/MiniLore)

I had a pair of B15 and a pair of B25 along with the T45 floorstanding and a C45 Center Channel. Originally, the T45, C45, and B25 were my HT setup with the B25 being used for surround duties. Then, I got a Heathkit SA-2 EL84 PP for music, and hooked the B25 to it for music, and purchased a pair...
  5. PR Audio

Yes, I agree with your post. At home I have been powering the SFs with an older Marantz SR-5001 AVR Receiver using the Pure Sound mode, and though they sound very well powered by that 80WPC receiver there is some finesse missing that I am hoping to get with the Arcam SA-10, which is 50WPC @ 8...
  6. PR Audio

I don't know if I'm disappointed or amazed. Last week I went to a friend's house and took with me my recently acquired Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 to compare with his newly arrived Triangle Borea BR02 and his Tekton Mini Lore. For amplification we used his Denon PMA-600NE and to play music we used...
  7. PR Audio

Salk Song3 BeAT

I auditioned a pair at a friend's house who git a pair on my recommendation. Though it was more casual listening what I did, they sound wonderful, very dynamic and warm, lots of details with a wide soundstage. There are so many reviews online that you shouldn't have a problem researching...
  8. PR Audio

Mouser doomsday email

Really enjoyed your comment! Reality check and priorities! IMO, you're right, but get ready for the fallout! Though everyone has a right to complaint and have their opinion as to why it's the end of the world to them, whatever floats their boat. :whip::rflmao:
  9. PR Audio

Which SS Integrated Amp, modern or vintage?

Yes, once it has been used a few times I will let you guys know. I bought from one of the largest online dealers for audio and video. I was approved for Sony Financial Card which offers 6 months to pay without interests, plus the retailer has always offered free 3-day shipping to Puerto Rico, so...
  10. PR Audio

Guys, thanks for all your great suggestions. I live in Puerto Rico and finding a good electronics technician is becoming a pain in the a$$. Prior to trading had the McIntosh MX-113 Pre serviced by the best tecnician in the island, Lamda Audio, but he is so full of work that he is lacking in...
  11. PR Audio

SF Venere 2.0 Opinions

Right now I'm running them with a Marantz SR-5001 HT receiver I had in a closet, was my first HT Receiver. It is not doing justice to the SF speakers, but comparing A/B to my PSB B25s the SF sound so so much better with the same amplification. I researched integrated amps within my budget as to...
  12. PR Audio

SF Venere 2.0 Opinions

See, this is a problem, I have a budget that is around $500.00, and I already looking at the Arcam SA-10 at $799.00, but just because that besides its wonderful sound it has all the modern ammenities, plus phono input. Reviews talk highly of this unit. On the less expensive side been looking at...
  13. PR Audio

SF Venere 2.0 Opinions

Thanks, thought about it, but not sure about which one, as I haven't researched them much. What did you get? It's out of my budget, but I saw that McIntosh came out with one and it's their least expensive amp and it's getting great reviews. BTW, beautiful speakers! The previous owner had them...
  14. PR Audio

Yes, that's what I think, though it is nice to have all the nice comforts of modern (remote, BT, DAC, etc.). But, like I said, I can always add peripherals with those conveniences, I already have a couple that I used with my previous vintage pre-amp.
  15. PR Audio

Not much a fan, having said that I know much of Sansui vintage equipment is excellent and are warm sounding.
  16. PR Audio

Big fan of British and USA amps I like their sound signature of being neutral to warm. From what I have read they pair well with Sonus Faber Venere 2.0. I was also looking at Arcam SA-10 (somewhat over budget) and used Arcam A18.
  17. PR Audio

Evan, are you aware that Pio A88X is made of unobtanium? It has been that way for a long time.
  18. PR Audio

Hi! Usually I don't roam the SS page, as I really, really, really enjoy tubes. Anyways, today I just went ahead and traded my McIntosh MX-113 Pre/Tuner for a pair of like new, low hours, Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 speakers. I was using the pre to control a CJ KT88 power amp, but I sold it a couple...
  19. PR Audio

SF Venere 2.0 Opinions

Well, went ahead with the trade. Now, I own a beautiful pair of white Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 that were barely used. But that created a problem, as I was in the process of acquiring an integrated EL84 push-pull amp as I really enjoy the sound of EL84's. But, those speakers are power hungry and an...
  20. PR Audio

SF Venere 2.0 Opinions

Hi! I placed a piece of audio equipment, not speakers, for sale locally. Though I listed them for sale someone wants to trade for a pair of Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 that have seen little use and are in great condition. My equipment and the Venere are basically an even trade. I really wanted the...
  21. PR Audio

EL-84 or KT-88 power amp and pre or integrated

I'm laughing because you are right... Budget is $300.00, but as always one budgets and at the the end budget has been thrown to the side and destroyed by the project! Yes, in PR is difficult to get the parts needed, but EBay, Craiglist, Facebook Marketplace, etc. and USPS shipping make things...
  22. PR Audio

Thanks to all of you... Very much aware of the importance and price of transformers. I will probably go with an option from Hammond or Edcor.
  23. PR Audio

Thanks for all that information. I will keep you guys posted. Looks very nice I have in my parts bin a Quad of TAD EL84-STR and a Quad of EH KT-90, that's why I can do one or the other, or do both; but, one at a time. My requirements are simple, as I have different speakers to choose from...
Back
Top Bottom