Search results

1. Fr33way

Grandpa's Hi Fi(nished)

Simply awesome. The gear and the space are both excellent.
  2. Fr33way

Pics of your listening space

:yes: I have a 770D and love it. Nice stuff.
  3. Fr33way

Realistic nova-10 Rarity. Really Cool Speakers!

I know this is old so you either have or have not found this out, the cutouts are NOT the same for the PR and the woofer, thus, you can't mirror image.
  4. Fr33way

Speaker recommendation for a 13 x 13 foot room.

My KLH 17s are best suited to low-key listening in the situation you describe.
  5. Fr33way

Maybe bad recordings DO sound worse on good speakers...

I find Infinity EMIT tweeters to be especially telling of a bad mixing job....
  6. Fr33way

1980s b.p.c. stereos, were any of them good??

I have enjoyed some late 80's Onkyo and Kenwood units but then again, I look beyond color!
  7. Fr33way

hit by a car good to be back

Sheeeezus. Welcome back, best of luck on a speedy recovery.
  8. Fr33way

Boise St. vs. Virginia Tech

I got VT but I am an LSU fan. (awaits boooo!)
  9. Fr33way

Ok, guys. Here's a strange one!

Want it. Want that.
  10. Fr33way

New speakers!! Altec content

Fantastic. Enjoy them!
  11. Fr33way

Kenwood KRV7020 replacing Insignia

Tone controls and loudness will still function it just routes the signal straight from the CD jacks and ignores any tape monitor or other function.
  12. Fr33way

OEM (Factory) TV Speakers?

The only TV speakers that didn't make me cringe were out of a 88-90 Mitsubishi 48" big-screen. Sadly the 60" Mitsu diamond that replaced it was no so blessed.
  13. Fr33way

How rare are my Pioneer CS-100's?

Members take note -this- is how you post a "what do I have?" thread.
  14. Fr33way

70s style

That is some awesome work.
  15. Fr33way

Cerwin Vega VS-100 upgrades?

These seem like they are all focused on changing the CV into a different animal, but caps are always a good idea.
  16. Fr33way

get the crap off your speakers.

This. My speakers are either too high or too angled to be used as tables. I sold a nice set of DCM bookshelves to a non-audio buddy of mine before he fell for the Bose trap and it irks me when I visit to see, without fail, whatever current beverage he is drinking sweating into the top of the...
  17. Fr33way

my speakers disappeared (in a good way ... ) and a comparison of recordings

One of the most inspiring moments in this passion for me happened when I picked up an A/V receiver from an older gentleman. He asked if I wanted to hear his setup and I politely obliged although it was more courtesy than interest. He seated me in the listening position and started a passage. I...
  18. Fr33way

Pics of your listening space

I know the room is in progress but something about the little kiddy wallpaper in the background of such seriously exquisite gear cracks me up. If the system sounds near as good as it looks (which I don't doubt) you have quite a rig on your hands there. :thmbsp:
  19. Fr33way

Receiver -> Separates: impressions

Have you listened to many higher powered integrated amps? Many of the improvements you note come from more clean wattage (all else equal). *This is in no way contradicting your experience BTW, the obvious sonic advantages of seperates are clear to me.
  20. Fr33way

Those of you who listen to "Music Choice"

The sound quality varies on Comcast channel to channel but Jazz and sounds of the season come in crystal clear.
  21. Fr33way

Polk Audio Monitor 4 series 2-or-DCM CX-17

I have to admit I am not very experienced with Polk but know the CX series DCMs very well. Their transmission line cabinets and robust drivers get the nod every time.
  22. Fr33way

So THIS is what power is like...

I've had a pretty consistent smile on my face since I moved from 60-75wpc to 120wpc.
  23. Fr33way

Who's a thunk it...

Thumbs up. I had been focusing on more and bigger and just this week set up a simple two channel rig using KLH Seventeens and have spent many more hours listening than I have in a long time.
Back
Top Bottom