Search results

1. J

What do you guys think of CL ads like this?

??? What did the ad say?
  2. J

5 Best World War II Movies are:

5 pages? I can't believe it took 5 pages of this thread for someone to mention Cross of Iron! Cross of Iron Longest Day Midway A Bridge too Far Tora Tora Tora Casablanca That's six!
  3. J

Complete JVC separates system

Nice gift! I have a JVC JA-S55 integrated amp and I consider it a winner! You are putting together quite a nice gift for your friend's son. You're a good man, John!
  4. J

What is your holy grail?

Not a chance! I have a CR3020 and a G22000. Let me tell you, it's not even close. The CR3020 whips the G22000's A$$! The Yamaha is clean and ever so clear! My ears say that the Big G Sansui is more than a bit muddy. In comparing the Big Monster receivers, in my opinion the big...
  5. J

AU-11000a question or two...

The AU-11000 is a great amp. You will be extrememely pleased with it. I wouldn't sweat the foot issue. As someone mentioned, Sansui used common feet and a matching set should be easy to find. Finding a nice AU11000 is the HARD part! I used hockey pucks for the feet of my BA5000, but I...
  6. J

Torpedo'ing Your Own Sale???

Happen to like??!! Whoa Sam! What kind of gear are you trying to unload? :D
  7. J

What have I done? I think I'll be ok.

Holy Moley! A Nad 160A for a teenager? I was about to get sick. First of all, I won't let my daughter have a boyfriend until she's out of the house. And if she did have one. The only thing I would let him have would be an Ass whoopin! :D
  8. J

AR9's went for over $2,300 on Ebay??? Wow...

Hey, Damage (Tristan) has a pair of AR9's with the original boxes. Get them ready BigT, money to be made!!
  9. J

What tuners look cool in the dark?

Marantz! Marantz scoped tuners are mega cool in the dark! :banana:
  10. J

CR-3020 Yamaha Holy Grail on the bay right now $875 BIN

Hey Sau, How I got my CR-3020 is my favorite story too! I spent about 20 minutes typing out the story again as per yours and Socal Sam's request. Somehow that post got lost in cyberspace. It vanished, just dissapeared.... I guess the easiest thing to do is just to post the original...
  11. J

CR-3020 Yamaha Holy Grail on the bay right now $875 BIN

Not dumb. $500 is a good price. Good luck with this purchase. I hope everything works out for you. CR3020's are about as nice sounding as receivers get. I certaintly love mine.
  12. J

seperates collectors raise your hands!!!

Receivers are so-so, but SEPERATES Rule! I collect the biggie receivers But I love and listen to seperates! Sansui BA5000 Kenwood 700C Pioneer Spec 1, 2, 4 Marantz 510M and 3600 Accuphase P300 and C200
  13. J

Joined the Wintec club...so that makes, what, 5 of us now? LOL

Goofy unit Me too. Maybe about a week. Soundwise, my R-1120 was a mediocre performer as well, so down the road it went. Yeah TV tuner but no means of running it into a monitor. I can't imagine wanting to listen to a tv broadcast without picture.
  14. J

yamaha ca 410 II...nice

I dig them! I've had a couple 410 II's with matching tuners. Nice and clean, typical of Yamaha. I've never had a Yamaha amp that I didn't like. I finally settled on a CA-2010 and CR-3020. What more could i want? :D
  15. J

Dahlquist DQ-10 and amp

DQ10's in a basement system? Not bad! :D I finally reacquired a pair of DQ10's and plan to reunite them with either a Marantz 2500 or a 510M. As you have heard, they need POWER!
  16. J

Any love for Akai?

Whole lotta love! Akai made some nice integrated amps in the late 70's. Of course, their tape machines are highly thought of, but they made some real nice amps too! :thmbsp:
  17. J

Top three vintage power amps, submit your votes

How about top 5? They all have their strengths. I love them all! :thmbsp: Sansui BA-5000 Pioneer Spec-2 Accuphase P300 Marantz 510M Kenwood 700M
  18. J

Yamaha NS-100M vs. JBL L-300

I've got both I have NS-1000's and a pair of L300's in the living room. The JBL's have the cool factor going for them, but if I had to chose between them, I have to give the nod to the Yamaha's.
  19. J

scopes..

I love them both! You got that right Ron! :thmbsp:
  20. J

Happy Birthday ReEdger

Thanks everyone! You're too kind.:D
  21. J

Dalquist DQ10 SFO C/L

Dang it Larry. I'm sorry. I just had enough time to run over to Tracy and blast back over to pick the kids up from school. Sure enough, I got hung up in traffic through Livermore and barely made it in time to get the kids! I made it, but it was close. The next time I'm in the valley, I...
  22. J

Dalquist DQ10 SFO C/L

T'was little ole me! I snagged them. :D I was finally able to run over to Tracy and pick them up at the sellers workplace. He was cool about it. Get them whenever you can, he said. I didn't want to hold him up, but it took a week for me to run over. The woofers only need surrounds...
  23. J

ROTEL Spec Rack?

Congrats! Cool and rare find. Enjoy! :D
  24. J

Parts Express Shipping Fee Pricey?

No more Parts Express for me! Shipping is indeed high from everyone all of the way across the board, but sadly Parts Express is just plain ABSURD with their shipping! ABSURD!! I planned to order a few things from them which couldn't have weighed more than few pounds max and probably would...
  25. J

JBL L100 wood grill size?

The foam should fit tight into the grille frame. There should not be a gap. Member Indycraft makes AWESOME L100 quad grilles. They fit perfectly and the color of his grilles are unbelievably accurate. He matched the color from genuine JBL samples. Next time you need L100 quad grilles...
Back
Top Bottom