Search results

1. lifer70

Marantz 2245 Pwr Sply Diodes

Just checking to see if a UF4004 diode can be used as a replacement diode for the S1B-01-02 diodes. I know the recommended replacement is the UF4005. It looks like the big difference is the 04 is rated at 400 V for max rep reverse voltage and the 05 is 600 V. the original S1B was 100 V. I am...
  2. lifer70

AK Locks Up Android Phone

I have had this problem for about three weeks. I start viewing AK threads and my android phone will lock up. The screen will freeze and I cannot make any changes. After a few seconds the phone will turn itself off for 10 - 20 seconds and restart. It only does this while I'm reading Audiokarma...
  3. lifer70

Film Capacitor Brand ID

Just wondering if anybody recognizes this 2.2 uF film capacitor brand and if it would be suitable for audio use. I can get a couple handfuls pretty cheap. Thanks.
  4. lifer70

SX-1050 AWR 90 Voltages

Hello, I have recapped the AWR-90 board and am still getting high voltages. These voltages are with the output transistors section disconnected. . (Correct V) 1 = 22.6V (24V) 2 = 77V (76v) 3 = - 78V (-76v) 4 = 0 (0)...
  5. lifer70

Pioneer SX-1050 Outputs Shorted

I was just finishing up an SX-1050 and was going to test DC balance and Idle current one last time before buttoning it up. Was testing the left channel for DC Balance and made contact on pins 4 and 3 of the AWH Power amp board. I was in a hurry and did not turn off the power before changing...
  6. lifer70

SX-1050 Tone Control Board Switch

Need some help. My SX-1050 has been giving me fits. It works great with the tone switch off. When I turn the tone switch on I get no sound. I have taken the switch (SW1) apart and cleaned/faderlubed the contacts. It works as it should when I test it with a multi-meter. I hooked up a 1khz...
  7. lifer70

Carver TFM-6CB

I have this cute little Carver TFM-6CB amp that has no output. Looking at the test procedures it tells me to input a 1khz signal with an 8 ohm load on the speaker speaker A. The next step is to short speaker A terminals to verify the speaker relay cuts off immediately. The little gremlin on my...
  8. lifer70

How To Get Audio Signal From Computer To Amp At 26 Feet

It's 26 feet from my Computer to Amp. I only have internet to my computer by wire. No wireless connection. I have a usb antenna outside my unit that catches a moderate signal. The antenna is connected to a 25 foot active usb cable to my computer inside. I have done a lot of searching but am...
  9. lifer70

Large speaker ID

Going to look at these tonight. No reference to make and model. Any idea what they are? Thanks. n
  10. lifer70

Tweeter ID

Searching the net with no luck on ID'ing these tweeters. I've seen these before but can't recall the brand. I had some JBL tweets that were similar. Just wondering if they are good quality. Thanks
  11. lifer70

Carver C-1 No Treble BillD Mod

I finished my C-1 BillD mod using the list provided by Zenith4me. I think it sounds fantastic but noticed there was no treble change when the tone switch is actuated. Bass is great but no treble. I also cannot tell the difference when the Sonic Holography button is engaged/not engaged. All...
  12. lifer70

"S" Speaker Logo

A friend has a pair of these and I'm curious what brand they are. Seem to be well built. I've seen this logo before and a search of AK for "S" logo didn't pan out. Anybody know the brand? Thanks
  13. lifer70

Granddaughter Made Me Smile

Schools are closed and we are watching our grandkids. I asked my 10 year old granddaughter if she wanted to listen to her music on a nice stero system (Volti modded Khorns, Yamaha MX1/ CX1, Consonance CD player) to which she said yes. I asked her what music she liked expecting Katie Perry...
  14. lifer70

Motorola SK32W Restore

A friend kept asking me to come get his fathers console. Not having the space I kept putting him off. He finally showed it to me and I realized that space would not be a problem. The SK32W is a compact console and the design is just killer. I took it home and had the amp and pre-amp checked out...
  15. lifer70

Trouble Soldering Thin Wire for Motor

I have always had good luck soldering tiny tweeter wires so I thought this would be easy. Friend has a telescope that has a bad axis motor. Was reading around 580 ohms. From what I understand 10 - 30 ohms is normal range. It's a small motor so I rewound the motor coil. I checked the leads after...
  16. lifer70

Gorgeous Marantz WC-22 Case

Just thought I would show off my new WC-22 case. An extremely talented local guy makes these. I slipped in a Champagne faced 2230 to show off the case. It's Caltulpa and the picture doesn't show how pretty this wood is. He used rabbit joints instead of factory 45 degree for a stronger furniture...
  17. lifer70

Marantz 2230 C754 Error

I missed the board polarity error on my 2230. I replaced all the caps on the 750 boards and it sounded pretty good for 2 - 3 hours. I was just getting ready to change the CD when it popped. I did some digging and found runningdog's excellent post. I have the board out and am ready to replace and...
  18. lifer70

Chilly Day

Me n' the girls listening to some Stevie Ray...
  19. lifer70

Marantz 2245 No AM or FM

This is an early model 2245 but I believe the P800 board is the same as the others. I have recapped the P800, P750's, P400, and P700 boards and all is well with playing vinyl or CD's. Sounds fantastic but I have zippo AM or FM. No meter movement at all. Checking the P800 power supply board and...
  20. lifer70

The Real Value

Last summer I purchased a nice Pioneer stack in a Pioneer rolling rack for a great price. It had been stored in a garage and was quite dirty. Under the dust the components looked to be in good condition. My thoughts were to break up the components and use separately. I didn't think much of...
  21. lifer70

Marantz 2245 No Sound R Channel

I finally got the 750 amp boards redone and tested them with jumpers on the bench. Sounds great and no problems. Installed them in the receiver and the right channel has no sound. I removed the right board and tested the components with a signature tracer/oscilloscope like Mr. Carlson Lab has...
  22. lifer70

Marantz 2245 Amp Board Dilemma

I have this low serial number (2374) Champagne face Marantz 2245 that is in outstanding cosmetic condition. It has a blown right channel that was fixed many years ago with a hodgepodge of transistors and resistors (left board in pic). I think this fix failed quickly and the receiver was put back...
  23. lifer70

Cream MFSL Ultradisk Sealed Value

I've had these laying around for a few years using them for display on the wall. I am curious what they are worth. I've checked online but the copies I have seen do not have the large plastic case. Both are still sealed and one has remnants of the price sticker on the front. Thanks!
  24. lifer70

Marantz 2245 Transistors

Got a mint 2245 with champagne face for a song. Only problem is the right channel doesn't work. pretty obvious why when i opened it up. The repair on the right board was done some time ago and I am sure the tech could not find the correct transistors. I'm in the same boat and need...
  25. lifer70

Boise Idaho AK Spring Meet Sunday, 29 April

Put it on your Calendar! We'll start at 1:00. Location will be PM'd to your AK mailbox the week of the meet. Monte.
Back
Top Bottom