Search results

1. richamor

Thanks mke0565

Top notch Ak'er.:thumbsup: Not only did he give me a smokin' deal on the Parasound HaloP5 but packed it like an expert and held shipping until I returned home. It works and looks like new and best of all.....no burn in:biggrin: Thanks again Mike!!
  2. richamor

All singing all dancing integrated amps

coming soon! At least so I hear. They're not for everyone and some will poopoo them as just more fluff we don't need. BUT.... we're coming to a point where you can have purdy near everything you need in one box. Plug it in hook up speakers and you're good to go. And I'm intrigued by this. I...
  3. richamor

Seller extraordinaire........Ds2000

No only did he give me a great deal on a museum quality Accuphase P-400...he packed all 69 pounds of it in another 25 pounds of plastic, styrofoam, and cardboard and shipped it from NY to SC via UPS. Where I'm pleased to say it arrived unscathed and it is even better than he described. It never...
  4. richamor

The system....11/16 and today

November 2016: Dennis Had Inspire KT-88 tube amp Dennis Had Inpspire LP-2 tube preamp Kenwood KD500 w/Mayware Formula IV tonearm and Sonus Gold Blue Cartridge Linn LP-12 w/ Linn Basik plus tonearm with a Grado wood bodied (can't remember exactly) Samuels F-117 Phono pre Sonos Connect Ami...
  5. richamor

Customer service at it's best......

A few years ago I decided I had had enough of the Q-up. That loud SNAP at the end of every side just grated on my nerves. It did work though but it seemed so out of place. So I looked around and finally decided on a Little Fwend. So I get it set up and it works perfectly and seems to be an...
  6. richamor

MM phono stage to use with an SUT

thinking about trying an SUT. again. I keep getting on and off this fence but I am still curious. But all I have are MC stages. The Samuels is adjustable for MM but I'm thinking a dedicated MM would yield better results.? Any recommendations? Does the MM stage play a huge part or is it more...
  7. richamor

You ever??????

been doing something with the system playing in the background and it just reach out and grabs your attention? Not just grabs but DEMANDS that you listen to me!!! I'm sitting here doing some paperwork listening to Allison Krauss Paper Airplane LP and the last song on side one, Dimming of the...
  8. richamor

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300----any opinions????

Looking at the one TMR has. Nice well reviewed reasonably priced 300WPC. Any owners of first hand experience??
  9. richamor

So that brown truck came today

and left this: which became this: which did this: First album up The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me. Nautilus half speed master of an outstanding LP I've known since it came out. Words simply cannot describe the sound. For once I'm glad I listened to conventional wisdom in pairing...
  10. richamor

So the FedEx man stopped by today.... part 1

in the immortal words of Austin Powers...."Yeah Baby!!" Can't say much for the box construction but that's not what I'm interested in. This is what I'm excited about. Sadly....that's all for now. Larry says my plinth should ship by Thursday so the arm stays safely ensconced in it's cheesy...
  11. richamor

Gonna be a ZZ Top kind of day................

this arrived in the mail yesterday. Got the First Album on right now. Seems a pretty faithful copy of the original. A whole lot quieter than my first pressing copy but still has that same sound. Very close to a live recording. No accentuated bass or treble. I can hear all three members and their...
  12. richamor

The wait was worth it....

Power-Bryston B100 SST Integrated Analog-Kenwood KD500 TT Denon 304 cartridge Samuels Nighthawk phono pre Digital-Sonos Spotify Premium Ami Musik DAC Mojo Audio PS New paradigm Prestige 75F in the house!!! No pics of the outer...
  13. richamor

The longest week....

waiting on new gear. Ordered Saturday from the local Audio Advice and hopefully will be here Friday. These should play nice with the fellow Canadian from Bryston. https://www.paradigm.com/products-current/type=tower/collection=reference/model=prestige-75f/page=overview
  14. richamor

Recent turntable discoveries

A few things really: 1.) I really like the Denon 304 cartridge. Channel separation is almost unbelievable and is matched only by the details in each channel. Like it better and better at each playing. 2.) BUT.....with a tracking force of 1.2g it's not strong enough to trigger the Little Fwend...
  15. richamor

Technics SP-10---Show 'em off!

It seems like everyone else has a thread and maybe this one does too I'm just to lazy to look. But I'm stuck in a motel room with nothing else to do and my SP project is "in process" for a while. So lets see some inspirational pictures so I can fantasize about what mine will look and sound like.
  16. richamor

Need some help building an AC power supply

I have bought an old PS Audio Moving Coil Amplifier 2 phono pre. But no power supply which explains why I got it for cheap. According to the nice folks at PSA the power supply is simply 30VAC on 2 pins of a 4 pin uxcell connector. What I don't know is the amperage but I'm thinking 0.5 to 2 amps...
  17. richamor

What can you tell me about the Shelter 90X???

Thinking about using it on the Schick 12" arm but can't find any compliance figures on it. And Using the info from Thomas the mass of the arm and headshell looks to be ~ 26g. Just wondering if it would be a good match.
  18. richamor

I think I'm done with this one for a while

My trusty KD-500 was needing some love after serving faithfully for many years. So first thing was to pull the platter and clean the spindle hole and add a drop of fresh machine oil. Next up was the tonearm. Me and that Mayware never did click. Just too fidgety for an old butterfingers like...
  19. richamor

This is something you don't see every day.

I've never seen one anyway. My toolowthey'llnevergoforthat offer was accepted! Now what am I gonna do with it? If I can find a power supply that would be cool. Maybe I could build one if I knew the specs. Or gut it and use the case and parts for my AD797 board.
  20. richamor

Need some plans for a SP-10 MkII plinth

I found one set of dimensioned drawings on analogdepot. But there was another set I had found where someone had built a plinth and made a set of very nice drawings that could be sent to a plotter ot printed on two sheets in pdf form. In fact he was using the plinth in unfinished form he was so...
  21. richamor

My PS Audio GCC 100 coming home today

Well.....leave to good ol' fedex to spoil my day. All of a sudden it shows a "shipping exception" and it's still in friggin Colorado!! It was shipped Monday and it's still at their depot!!!! Worthless as tits on a boar hog:rant::rant: I bought it on BT a few years ago and it's been used...
  22. richamor

Recommended tonearm for a Technice SP-10 MKII

I have one on the way:banana::banana::banana:. I've been looking for a new table for a bit and am glad I was patient. This time. But it needs an arm. It will likely be a couple of months before one is purchased ($4000 truck tranny:yikes: bill) but if a good enough deal came along........ I...
  23. richamor

Thinking about a new turntable....

What do you think about the new Elac? Looks nice....no springs or suspension I don't want. Comes with a MM cartridge but that can be changed if need be. Looks like a decent carbon fiber tonaearm price looks like around $2500.00 https://www.elac.com/product/miracord-90-anniversary-turntable/
  24. richamor

Ray Samuels F117 back today

Man.....I had forgotten how good this thing makes my vinyl sound. Just a clear natural sound with enough bass for the subwoofer and a crystal clear mid. Highs seem to sparkle with no sibilance. As it turns out the only thing wrong with it was the dumbass operator who doesn't read the connection...
  25. richamor

Edit profile...how to do that???

I don't see a CP link and can't figure out how to edit my profile? I can see it, or most of it, I just can't edit anything. Except it looks like I can edit my avatar from there. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom