Search results

1. MickeySmile

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Nice !
  2. MickeySmile

Fisher 400 input question

For safety, I'd use a streamer with Wifi (Wiim streamer is the one I use), cheap and sound quality is excellent. The streamer could plugged to Tape/Aux
  3. MickeySmile

Build 2A3 or 300B tube amp?

I vote 2A3 since you already have high sensitivity speaker.
  4. MickeySmile

T2 auto transformer

Yes, I want to upgrade the K500-5000 one and unfortunately I don't have the LCR meter. On the W2 the 0,2 and 4 are used. Thanks! for helping Mike!
  5. MickeySmile

T2 auto transformer

Yes. The crossovers are not the same. One has 3 inductors _K500-5000, the other has 2 inductors and 1 autotransformer (5 tabs: 0,1,2,3,4) K1000/6/50000-W2.
  6. MickeySmile

T2 auto transformer

does T2A equivalent to T2?
  7. MickeySmile

T2 auto transformer

I am looking for the T2 auto transformer. Could anyone tell me where the source to buy or wind it. Thank you much!
  8. MickeySmile

Another thread about custom wood cases from Asaalah

Sadly, people only realize the value and appreciation of someone' talent after he/she dies!
  9. MickeySmile

McIntosh MC30 bias problem

I have adjusted the bias back to -42V. I installed the 10K trimmer so it allowed me to change the bias whenever I put in another set of power tube :)
  10. MickeySmile

Gadget, you are right, the 12AX7 tube was bad. Replaced with a good 12AX7 tube then both power tubes bias the same. However, one power tube has red plate still has tiny red spot on the plate rip. I swap both power tube with another pair. Now everything go back to normal. Thank you Gadget &...
  11. MickeySmile

Thanks John! I did tide the socket pin yesterday. Will do on the coupling cap. I have thought on the coupling cap, too tired and rely on Russian Y40-9 would not gone bad easily.
  12. MickeySmile

Thanks Gadget! Will do that today when I get home.
  13. MickeySmile

Yesterday after long day at work, I went home and turned on my system_ pair MC30, Marantz 7T and Carver CD player. When power up, I hear a pop sound on one MC30 unit, not too loud but it gave me the notice then I hear just a little buzz on the speaker. I pressed play on the CD player, the sound...
  14. MickeySmile

Marantz 7T Restoration

Joe, How hard to replace those RCA jacks? Any tip to share. Thank you much in advance!
  15. MickeySmile

Service/Repair in Massachusetts

Do not service any home vintage audio equipment any more. Only commercial...
  16. MickeySmile

The MICRO-AMP

Beautiful!
  17. MickeySmile

Looking for Euro NOS 12ax7s that won't cost all my money...

It's just my experience. I use 5751 tubes instead 12AX7 for phono stage. It sounds clear and more quiet. The one I am using 5751 Raytheon windmill getter. You could used GE triple mica (Military ver.)
  18. MickeySmile

Are these 6CA7/EL34’s

tube has fat base. Could be Mullard ???
  19. MickeySmile

Nakamichi service in Houston TX

Thank you LL!
  20. MickeySmile

Nakamichi service in Houston TX

I have RX-505 and it's needed service. Could anyone know any place in Houston TX or near by provide services I am appreciated for you help. I also willingly ship out as needed. Once again thank you all in advance! Binh
  21. MickeySmile

what to build with a Stancor A-8072

I have the same pair of Stancor A-8072 and I am building a pair mono block Geogre Gott G30U.
  22. MickeySmile

MC30 Chrome plating and Silk Screen Service

Hi all, I just wonder anyone here have had chrome plating and silk screen service for MC30 chassis. I appreciate all of yours input. You all have a wonder weekend and Happy Father Day! Binh
  23. MickeySmile

Ultra-linear 807 PP Amplifier Build

Dear Multichamp12, I just got a pair of A-8072 OT and I really like your project. Could you share your final schematic and photos of your project. Thanking you in advance! Binh
Back
Top Bottom