Search results

1. skippy_ps

MAC 1700

Do the easy things first. Clean all of the front panel switches with Deoxit D5 and all of the pots with Faderlube. You'll likely have to take the bottom panel and/or the front panel off to get at everything. Cycle the switches and pots while you're spraying them. Murray
  2. skippy_ps

MAC 1700

Noise on just one speaker?
  3. skippy_ps

MC 2105 - Light bleed through

My 2105 has incandescent lamps and it does the same thing - light showing at the screw on top and coming out of the vents on the bottom. Mine is in an equipment rack and I can't see the light from where I sit so I never paid any attention to it. Black tape (as mentioned above) would likely...
  4. skippy_ps

McIntosh has a $1,800... clock. (MCLK12)

Golly gee whiz. I went back to the beginning of this thread and skimmed through the early comments. That clock isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure as heck not hopping mad angry about it. What the heck. Murray
  5. skippy_ps

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

B.W. Stevenson. Qobuz streaming.
  6. skippy_ps

MR 78 Black Cord Unhooked

"Black drive cord." Tuning string? Snap a photo and post it here. Murray
  7. skippy_ps

Does it work without sound card but DAC installed?

My HP desktop computer has no sound card but sound is built in on the motherboard. It has a 1/8" port on the front and back panels for sound. Do you have an image of a speaker on the bottom bar of your monitor? You're not going to get sound if your motherboard doesn't have sound hardware...
  8. skippy_ps

Does it work without sound card but DAC installed?

You have to have sound hardware on the motherboard to get sound out. Look for a 1/8" diam connector on the front or back panel with a pic of a headset. Also, go to Device Manager and scroll down, looking for Sound. Murray
  9. skippy_ps

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Sorry for the loss of your Mom, Chris. Murray
  10. skippy_ps

RIP Terry DeWick

I just went to Terry's Facebook page and there is a post there that Terry passed March 1. Murray
  11. skippy_ps

RIP Terry DeWick

I can't tell you how many times Terry helped me with Mc gear. I would email him with some sort of dumb question and he would quickly answer back with the right answer, every time. A very down to earth guy and I will miss him. Rest in peace, Mr DeWick. Murray
  12. skippy_ps

MC-2205 output jack issue

Here's mine after changing the jacks and getting everything back in place. Very little room around the jacks.
  13. skippy_ps

MC-2205 output jack issue

RCA input jack. Those jacks are pushed in from the outside then the metal is folded over inside. There's no practical way to tighten them and it's a pita to remove them. I use a thin Dremel cutting disk and slice them sorta of in two so that you're left with two halves on the outside. Cut...
  14. skippy_ps

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Yeah, that's a "full size" Olds on a 98 frame while the Cutlass was a "mid size" car. I can't remember ever seeing a Olds 98 station wagon so I don't think very many were porduced. BTW, that wood grain stuff on it is hideous. Murray
  15. skippy_ps

1958 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser. Found at r/justrolledintotheshop I was skeptical of that continental kit being a factory option but I found it in a Mercury sales brochure. Not a fan of those fender skirts and I doubt that was a factory option.
  16. skippy_ps

Please help - Micro Seiki MR311 turntable setup questions

Yeah, one thing to consider is getting some 409 (or other spray cleaner), a microfiber cloth and get after the dirt and dust on it. Murray
  17. skippy_ps

What SACD player do you use?

Yamaha CD-S1000 Murray
  18. skippy_ps

'57 Studebaker Golden Hawk. Barn find in Arizona. McCulloch supercharger. Edit: I wasn't paying attention when I originally found the article about this car as the '55 Studie in the container is completely unrelated to the restored car. The restored car was found near Phoenix, outside with...
  19. skippy_ps

First time powering used MC30

There are tons of threads here about MC30s. Tubes, caps, resistors, diodes - you name it and there's a discussion about it. Terry Dewick (dewickt here at AK) was quite knowledgeable about them so you can rely on what he has posted here. Unfortunately he's retired now and rarely posts here...
  20. skippy_ps

First time powering used MC30

Very nice. Murray
  21. skippy_ps

MVP881-impossible to fix due to lack of parts. Any well-known parts suppliers?

The c clap (clamp?) that you referred to is an E Clip and they're readily available at most auto parts stores, amazon and hardware stores. Anyway, just place your free hand on the prying off side and gently nudge it off. Murray
  22. skippy_ps

Replacement CRT for MPI4

The working voltage on those is around 1,200 or so. I've unplugged those several times on an MI3 and never gave it any thought. Never got shocked and never heard of anyone having any trouble. Murray
  23. skippy_ps

Happy Birthday bobabode !

Happy birthday, Bob. :beerchug: Murray
  24. skippy_ps

Happy Birthday citizen hjames!

Happy birthday! Murray
  25. skippy_ps

Member jimfet has passed - RIP

Jim was one of my favorite guys here at AK. I always read his posts when I saw them. Rest in peace, Jim. Murray
Back
Top Bottom