Search results

1. Impedance

Large stash of classical records

Conveniently, at the charity used book and record store I frequent, I found a copy of 'The NPR Guide To Building a Classical CD Collection' for the price of 2 used LPs... Of course not everything on LP made it to CD, but for a classical neophyte, I found the book helpful. Perhaps there's a...
  2. Impedance

Picked up a 1929 Victor R-32 at auction last night

Sweet I drive a Volkswagen R-32!
  3. Impedance

1984 Chevy Monte Carlo - Should I Buy?

Just found this on the local CL... http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/2470080655.html High miles, but looks ok... keep looking, your car is out there.
  4. Impedance

'Who could possibly be interested in old stuff like that?'

How did you get all that cool gear home on your bike?
  5. Impedance

Sansui....TV???

FWIW, I have had a 13" sansui tube tv for 12 years... still works just fine... and it was used when I got it
  6. Impedance

Local car show highlights

Love the Caddy!
  7. Impedance

This could be good...

... Anyone have a few hundred grand laying around? http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/clt/2444080107.html
  8. Impedance

advise on a "GOOD" powerful power amp

You mention Adcom and Carver... I've used both for vinyl and was happy (my ears liked the Adcom more, but YMMV). Hit the thrifts and craigslist and see what you can find. My experience is that looking for a particular make/model will take a long time, but if you make yourself aware of the...
  9. Impedance

To Kill A Mockingbird

Get a cat?
  10. Impedance

A first time event in this family....novice driver goes big time.

If he can parallel park the van, I say he's good to go! :thmbsp:
  11. Impedance

Pioneer CS99a vs Mach 1 ( 4029 )

Where are you?
  12. Impedance

Blue Note Jazz: Does it matter that it all starts to sound the same?

Blue note also has some great electric jazz that can take the edge off of too much bop. Look for Grant Green, John Patton, baby Face Willette, Lou Donaldson....
  13. Impedance

Delco Car radio in a custom case (Need ideas for a project)

All of the re-programming gets done with a scan tool and computer that plug into the cars OBD ports, no? Without an OBD port on the radio, I'm not sure how you'd re-program it. This is a really cool idea, and I can imagine older (50s and 60s) vintage car radios with all the funky buttons and...
  14. Impedance

Technics 1200 Mk2 with repair needed for 100?

Agreed. Unless you're going to fix it yourself, you can do better.
  15. Impedance

Famous people hanging out with their vinyl

I like it!
  16. Impedance

Record Store Commerical - Thoughts, ideas?

Also include a line mentioning that the store BUYS vinyl collections... this will help bring new inventory into the store. What is the format of the radio station the ad will play on? The Dave Brubeck needle drop is a great idea, but it will have no sway over listeners to an Urban-AC station...
  17. Impedance

Should I pay my store $0.50/record or buy a Spin Clean???

As your collection grows, having a way to clean your records is a good thing. I bought my spin clean when I had about 2500 records and I wish I got it sooner. There is no way I have the time now to clean them all, so I am cleaning the new ones as they go on to the shelves, and I'm cleaning some...
  18. Impedance

Bridgestone Stylist Bicycle ???

That's really cool, Internal gears on rear hub, lights, racks etc... this is a great city bike... it looks very similar to Washington DC's bike share bikes...
  19. Impedance

Bridgestone Stylist Bicycle ???

Some Bridgestone bikes have a cult following (Like the X0-1 mentioned above and their high-end mountain bikes), in the late 80s and into the 90s their bikes were decidedly old-school in an age when new shifting gizmos were coming out all the time. They made great bikes, reasonably priced. If...
  20. Impedance

I have Vodka and Ice Tea,what to do ?

No more calls please, we have a winner! :banana:
  21. Impedance

Attention : Eagle-eyes...

I'd say it all depends on how much you like driving... there looked like some cool stuff, that if priced right, could be fun, but is it worth a 100 miles of driving? I look at these excursions as adventures rather than trips to buy stuff, that way if something is sold or not what it was...
  22. Impedance

'This Year's Model'.....Elvis Costello...recommend?

Abe Lincoln once said: "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like" Which is to say that if you dig Elvis Costello, (or that type of music in general) that is one of the records you need. It's a classic.
  23. Impedance

Best places to relieve oneself while out Garage sale hunting?

I will admit to stopping at an open house and pretending that I was considering buying a new home.... walking around like I was really looking, then ducking in to the powder room when the coast was clear.
Back
Top Bottom