Search results

1. watt

SX-650 that took one on the chin . . .

or the tuning knob, or the source selector. Straight from the Goodwill Buy-the-Pound. So while I could complain about the damage, it's likely that that's why it was in one of the bins for me to find. The good news is that it powers up and seems to function well so far. The bad is that it...
  2. watt

Fairchild 412 (or other Papst Aussenlaufer) Motor Controller

Been getting reacquainted with the turntable below after Wardsweb worked his magic (thread here). I'm thoroughly enjoying it with the Roksan Nima and Rega RB-something that I have on there now. And I found an OMA graphite mat in my closet that works pretty nicely with the paperstone plinth. Tons...
  3. watt

Thorens 121 up and running

I bought this a few years ago, unexpectedly moved shortly after, and put it in storage until a week or so ago. Rebuilt the motor, replaced the idler with an Audio Silente one, and just ordered a new belt. The 121 has a bearing different from the 124, and I need to find a thrust pad. Any leads...
  4. watt

Line Magnetic LM210ia bias procedure

Anyone have the biasing documentation for this amplifier? I've been using it quite happily for a few months, and now I'd like to try some different 300b tubes. I bought it used from Echo Audio. They don't have the documents or a sense of how to do it. I can't find the instructions in the user's...
  5. watt

Hey (almost 9 years later)

I've been on and off the forums for the past few years. I've been moving around for job-related reasons and, well, audio fun took a backseat to other stuff. Large speakers, heavy amps, and boxes of records are also a lot less attractive when you have to move them from place to place. Now that...
  6. watt

Wiring a Byerdynamic SUT

First time building an SUT, and I want to be sure that I understand the wiring. Here's the data sheet, borrowed from another thread (thanks dogwan and Nate): So pin 1 should be soldered to the Out RCA and pin 7 should be soldered to the In RCA, correct? Pin 4 and pin 2 should go to...
  7. watt

fanghorn

Recently bought an Odyssey Stratos from fanghorn, and everything went according to plan. Excellent packing and good communication throughout. Thanks! :thmbsp:
  8. watt

Austin CL DQ10s

with stands: http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/2314923754.html EDIT: no affiliation
  9. watt

cchean

Carlos and I did a bit of trading recently, and it was a pleasure all the way 'round. He knows his gear, and he knows how to pack! Thanks, Carlos--I hope that you're enjoying the receiver as much as I'm enjoying the turntable.
  10. watt

Sota Sapphire Guidance

I have a new-to-me Sota Sapphire, which the seller shipped bolted to a piece of plywood (I requested this, and forwarded a link on packing the table). After removing the bolts, I think that there's something wrong with the table's suspension, but without a manual or diagram I'm unsure about how...
  11. watt

Mounting an RB251

I'm working on a Fairchild 412, and I'm at the stage where it needs an arm. I have a rewired RB251 that I'd like to try on it, but I've never mounted a tonearm before. So my question is: can I cut the hole anywhere on the top plate as long as it maintains the correct pivot-to-spindle distance...
  12. watt

Checking DIN pinout

I'm in the middle of a tonearm rewire, and I want to be sure that I understand which wire goes where. In the following diagram, going clockwise from left to right, are the following connections correct? 1) left channel 2) right channel 3) ground wire (soldered to inside of arm tube) 4) right...
  13. watt

Fairchild 412

AK member resound was kind enough to sell this to me as a project from the cache of old tts he recently came upon. After getting it a couple of days ago, I finally had some time this evening to do a little clean-up work. So far, so good--I just did a bit of polishing, repainted the chassis, and...
  14. watt

Another cmoy

Following the tutorial at tangentsoft made this project relatively easy. And it even taught me a little about reading schematics. I learned a few other things, too: how to lift traces, how to fix them, and the importance of reading directions carefully. Like, when it says to solder hookup wire...
  15. watt

TD-115 Stub and Technoweight

Picked up this tt for a friend who wants his first turntable. The counterweight and shaft had snapped off, and therefore it was cheap. He's always admired a TD-150 I have in my office, and so I thought I'd try to MacGyver this one back into service. In hindsight, I wonder if I could have used a...
  16. watt

Phototheremin

I decided to go to my first meeting of Austin Handmade Music over the weekend, and it was a blast. There was a group build of a very simple (7 parts!) phototheremin based on a circuit of Forest Mims' design. In spite of its elegant simplicity (we mounted the speaker to the bottom of the board...
  17. watt

University Coaxial ID

Any notions about what kind of University these are?
  18. watt

Yamaha PX-3 arm belt tension

For those of you who have tightened the PX-3's arm belt, how did you do it? Did you remove the two springs that join the belt and "shorten" the legs where they hook into either end of the belt, or did you do something else? Last night, I was cleaning my new-to-me PX-3 (since it had been...
  19. watt

Sound Valves M40

These were for sale not too far from me. Not too easy to find information on them, but there were some threads here on AK that identified the link between Sound Valves and Van Alstine's Dynaco designs. I have a tube preamp and a hybrid Counterpoint power amp, but these are my first proper tube...
  20. watt

Austin Seeburg DDS1: Anyone get 'em?

Saw these when they were posted on Wednesday and Thursday, and eventually decided against it even though they were going for a really nice price. Mainly because a) with an "extra" pair of speakers that big, I'd have to confront the fact that I have a problem, and b) I didn't want to have to move...
  21. watt

Proceed CDP Troubleshooting

I found a Proceed CDP (yep, that's all the model number there is) that wouldn't power on at first. After changing the fuses, it now powers on, but that's about it. The display lights up okay, but pressing any of the buttons yields the same result: the display flashes and there's a brief...
  22. watt

Austin GW Mach Two

The GW off of 183 has a pair of Mach Twos in the electronics section. Cabs a little scratched and woofers in need of surrounds, but $26 for the pair. Just a heads-up for anyone in the area who might be interested.
  23. watt

ROK B12, One Year Later

I remember it was a year ago because I would take breaks from watching the NCAA Tournament in order to read the ROK sticky here in the turntable forum. I was living in Chicago and saw a listing for a "rekokut" turntable on craigslist one day. Turned out that one of the student centers at Loyola...
  24. watt

Changing MC2200 Lamps

Some of the indicator lamps are out in my new-to-me MC2200--could anyone here provide the correct bulb type for me to send to dgwojo? I put in a request for the SM in the Digital Docs section, thinking that would have the info, but I'd be happy just to have the bulb-changing information...
  25. watt

dumptruck

I bought dumptruck's IRD monoblocks, and it was an all-around pleasure to do so. Frequent communication, good packing, and thorough documentation of the the amps' condition in the BT thread he started. :thmbsp: to you, dumptruck!
Back
Top Bottom