Search results

1. englissa

Help with 919 thats blown left channel :-(

The diodes were on the main power board and i'm gonna a say a transistor on a sub power board also went. Its been several years ago that I repaired this amp during that time I found AK ,,, englissa
  2. englissa

Help with 919 thats blown left channel :-(

If memory serves me correct ,when mine went south, the outputs, drivers and a transistor or two on a power supply board went and a set of main diodes . . englissa
  3. englissa

this is going to sound strange

do you live close to any radio stations ? possible bleed over ? englissa
  4. englissa

Restored 9090DB.........Chris Ready

Whats that old saying You can please some of the people all the time You can please all of the people some of the time But you cant please all the people all of the time Seemed like a good time for this Englissa
  5. englissa

Requesting info on 9090DB Cap Replacement

You are correct here is a list of all caps on that board. englissa F2619 C01 100uf 35v C 02 220uf 16v C03 10uf 25v C04 470uf 10v C05 470uf 16v C05 105 degree C602 1uf 50v
  6. englissa

What is your Avatar??

Mine is of a JBL Paragon that I had the fortune to buy at an auction and reluctantly sold .Most likely will never see another' one in my life time. Englissa
  7. englissa

9090db recap list

Tnsilver when I made this list I removed each cap and wrote it down and made the list fron all the removed caps that were in my 9090db receiver . I didnt reference the service manual at all. Were there better choices in caps than what I picked most likely. This receiver was my very first recap...
  8. englissa

Dumont (emerson) 526 6bq5 console pull

JoeDotCom Evening I still have the amp and I replaced the coupling caps from the 12ax7 tube in mine , Ran it at 117 volts with the 5y3 tube every day for a few months till I moved. Had no more redplating I have plans to scratch build this amp using EDCORE transformers. It may be done by this...
  9. englissa

Dumont (emerson) 526 6bq5 console pull

First off Merry Christmas to ALL...Yes I do have the same amp. I swaped the rectifier tube that was in it for a 5Y3GT tube and that seemed to lower the voltages some and stoped the red plating . Also I had mine hooked up to a variac running at 118 volts.Somewhere I thought their was a schmatic...
  10. englissa

Hello from NJ

mustang958 Yes i have heard of it but never been there, mysef i'm just outsid a small town call Elmer thats on rt 40 , 20 miles east from Deleware bridge, Again Welcome , pull up a chair and enjoy Steve
  11. englissa

Hello from NJ

Welcome, what parts of N.J do you hail from ? englissa
  12. englissa

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Jbl L220
  13. englissa

9090db recap list

greekFire I belive the 990db is the black face verison of the 9090db so the list should be correct. I posted the part numbers I used for mine when I did the recap. I found a couple mistakes but corrected them so every should be correct. you use whatever brand you like for your recap. I...
  14. englissa

Sansui 771 receiver

Thanks to Sansuiphoto for sending me a close up of the 1517 tuner board I was able to find the trouble with the stereo light, I had tested the transistors and diodes in circuit and I found no shorted parts,,, yes I know you really should remove them but I really didnt want to do a major tear...
  15. englissa

Sansui 771 receiver

Sansui Photo, If your service service manual showes this board yes I would like a scan of it if possible thanks PM sent. steve
  16. englissa

Sansui 771 receiver

Went down to the basement last night armed with the the procedure paper work to ajust the bias and dc offset on my 771 receiver, things went well and so I moved on to replacing the stereo indicator bulb. Found a replacement and hooked it up and still no light. On outher receivers there is a...
  17. englissa

Sansui 771 receiver

Thank you for guilding me to the info that I needed, I looked in the data base but wasnt smart enough to see that their were more than one page to it, seemed kinda strange to me. I was looking at it last night and I didnt notice any of those wonderful fusesistors in it, A little trial and error...
  18. englissa

Sansui 771 receiver

I pick this receiver up a few weeks ago with some receiving issures so the seller said, Using a pair of head phones I started checking it out, reception was poor all up and down the FM band. This receiver has a open tuning cap so I got some cleaner and cleaned the contacts and put a drop of...
  19. englissa

Vintage Bozak 302A Speakers

Gentlemen, I thank you for your views and opion's on these's speakers. After taking a count of speakers that i own at the moment which is over ten pair(klipsch cornwalls, forte's, jbl L19, 4410, 4312 L220 , EV Georgain, wharfendale w70, martain cats, and a couple outhers I came to the...
  20. englissa

The owner saye he has rotated the woofer and it does correct the problem for a short peorid but returns . englissa
  21. englissa

I'm also gunshy about the rubbing voice coil, have they been overpowered ? the owner says they feel smooth when pushed by hand. Maybe spider getting weak. Replacing the spider is something beyond my skill level, refoam yes, spider no. I dont want to do a total rebuild on these's englissa
  22. englissa

I'm looking for quality and the sound, in the pecking order of speakers can I assume their fair to decent sound ? I have the feeling that theses arnt the highly sought after ones englissa
  23. englissa

These's came up on Deleware craigslist and I'm thinking about getting them, talked to the owner and he say's one of the woofers have voice coil rub. Thoughts and opions ? englissa http://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/1760880489.html
  24. englissa

C-d down

Gentlemen I thank you for your advise, I'm convinced the CD spin motor is bad and I picked up another CD player same make and model that does work for a few bucks so this one goes to the trash. steve
  25. englissa

JBL Energizer speaker label

I had a paragon with the built in amp, think it was SE401, I have pic of it ? would this be what your looking for ? englissa
Back
Top Bottom