Search results

1. strat10

Vintage Mcintosh Harman Kardon Citation Repair.

Mcintosh C-11 Mc240 Here's my units museum quality all the brochures boy did I mess this up look at my posts and you can see them sorry for the confussion.
  2. strat10

I'm in central Cali but don't mind the drive thank you sberger i'll check him out.
  3. strat10

Hi All , Looking for a vintage Mcintosh repair and restro in Cali, Mcintosh 240 C11 just new power supply for both. I also have a HK Citation II and a V to be restored.Thanks for all your help,.
  4. strat10

What's your best speaker "score"?

One of my best speaker scores was 2 pair {4 speakers} JBL L112 speakers for $300.00 I sold the one pair for $600.00 and I'm still using the other pair great speaker great investment.:music:
  5. strat10

When it comes to The Beatles which one...

George was a great guitar player.
  6. strat10

Going thru stereo menopause

Maybe you guys are right I run my gear from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm 7 days a week.I'm going to give it a break for a while and see what happens thanks for all your advise.My back can't take switching gear in and out of my system,especially the ones with wood cases.
  7. strat10

Thanks I will check it out.
  8. strat10

Great suggestion I don't have a truck but I guess it will work with a car.jk
  9. strat10

Hello all.I have been hoarding gear for years and maybe my hearing isnt what it was when I was younger but all my gear just doesnt do it for me anymore is it my ears or am I getting senile I dont have that excitement I used to have when I listened to it. I know you cant help me on the senile...
  10. strat10

New vs Vintage McIntosh equipment

I8 I had a MR 78 and about a year after I got my Squeezebox touch I sold it.I gained more real estate on my shelf and to be honest I don't miss it but I do miss the looks.
  11. strat10

I just have to much vintage gear and I was thinking of a Mcintosh 452 and a Mcintosh tube pre-amp I haven't researched that yet .I have a mc 30 240 and a c-11 and was thinking why do I need all this when 1 system can do it all.No restoration no shipping more closet space.I have never listened to...
  12. strat10

I have a lot of vintage McIntosh gear and was wondering how it compares to modern gear in sound does modern Mac gear have the warmth of vintage gear.I have never listened to modern gear I live in a town that has no high end stores so I can't compare.thanks for your replies
  13. strat10

Marantz 2285 "impossible stains on faceplate"

I bought a Marantz 2230 with a badly stained faceplate I tried my go to 409 with a soft toothbrush with no success I tried wd-40 and it worked like a charm just be careful around the lettering. Caution all stains are different but wd worked for this particular piece.
  14. strat10

Infinity RS 2.5 and Sansui 9500 score

I used to have a pair of infinity 2.5's I ran them through a Mcintosh 2205 and Mcintosh MX 110 pre-amp.They sounded great but they were power suckers and make sure your emt's are all working they are pricey and a while back I read that Watkins is still making the woofers.Good Luck.
  15. strat10

What speakers do you like with Marantz 2270???

I run my marantz 2270 with JBL L 112 speakers and it sounds great.
  16. strat10

Most common album at yard sales, thrift stores

Sound track from Saturday night fever.Disco was the thing back in 1977.
  17. strat10

Who has the three best singing voices in your opinion?

Opinions are like rectums everyone has one.
  18. strat10

What's your latest audio purchase?

Marantz 2270 in mint condition the owner said it kept blowing fuses it sat in his closet for 10 years.Lucky me I took the cover off and noticed he was using the wrong fuses I put the correct fuses in and it works like a champ.Best $20.00 I ever spent.
  19. strat10

What's your very first vinyl record ?

Meet the Beatles Mono
  20. strat10

Who has the three best singing voices in your opinion?

Tony Bennett Karen Carpenter Diana Krall
  21. strat10

Did Buddy Rich play drums at your middle school?

He never played at my middle school but I do remember him playing on Johnny Carson.
  22. strat10

Do all amplifiers sound the same?

Sorry but when its the same post over and over again one tends not to read the op and were not all seasoned and cranky and AK does provide a search button which I use often.
  23. strat10

Do all amplifiers sound the same?

All Amplifiers don't sound the same and neither does Preamplifiers or Speakers and everyone hears sound differently so its a matter of what you like and how it sounds to you.
Back
Top Bottom