Search results

1. Z

Advent Heritage

I have a chance to pick up a nice pair of these for cheap. Surrounds are still good. I believe these are from the mid 80's. Anyone know anything about them? I can't seem to find much.
  2. Z

Cs-88

I;m becoming handy with a soldering iron. Anyone know what kind of replacement caps to buy for these?
  3. Z

ESS Tempest LS5

ahh, there we go. thanks! :)
  4. Z

ESS Tempest LS5

Actually, I went to Simplyspeakers.com and can't seem to find the radiator...can anyone link? Am I totally missing this?
  5. Z

I didn't see any offers?

I didn't see any offers?
  6. Z

ESS Tempest LS5

I only paid 10 bucks for them. :) I'll search and see what I can find. Thanks Everyone!
  7. Z

ESS Tempest LS5

I picked up a pair of these at an estate sale. Cheap. Anyone know anything about them? It looks like there is a large hole in the back of them, radiator perhaps? I haven't tested them and can't seem to find a lot of info about them. Tweeters look to be in good shape...woofers need to be...
  8. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

see update
  9. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

^^^
  10. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

I was thinking that as well. From what I understand, since a lot of heat is generated there, a lot of the solder joints weaken. But if it were a preamp issue, how would I fix this?
  11. Z

Marantz 2270 Tuner String

Hello! My father owns a 2270 and uses it daily in his shop. The tuner string appears to be cut on his receiver, don't know how. He had the case open dusting it out (it's in his garage). Suffice it to say, we have 7 cats...and htey love string. He left it unattended during lunch. Any...
  12. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

I pulled the jacks (u-shaped metal bars)...still get the humming. I also get it when I use the headphone. I'm guessing it's the poweramp? If it *were* a preamp issue, how would I go about fixing it?
  13. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

Hi all... I'm almost done. So far so good, sounds better...but I've still got a humming sound on the right channel (had this before my recap). Not affected by volume or input. I've replaced the caps on the tone board and the mpx board...but not the output boards. I see there are only 2...
  14. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

Next question. I got them in, they work great...but how should I secure them? The original brackets don't fit. Any ideas?
  15. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

Any idea where to find replacement output transistors for this fella?
  16. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

Awesome! Thanks! Any other advice? I've found the service manual to be chalked full of errors. It also seems Elna was the predominant cap in this receiver, I was looking at Pannys as replacements (FM and FC)
  17. Z

Recapping Marantz 2245

Hello All! My project is underway. I've cataloged all the Electrolytics in this receiver. One question. The main power caps are 9000 @ 55v. I've got a pair of nice Panasonic TS-HA's, 10000@ 63 volts (can't get 9000). Would this be a stretch? Or should I try and find a set of caps more...
Back
Top Bottom