Search results

1. OvenMaster

Who always have their phone...

I only take my phone with me whenever I leave the house. It came in handy a few weeks ago when the water pump on my Escape exploded.
  2. OvenMaster

Have you been feeling angrier than usual lately?

At work, a lot of people seem to be more scared or apprehensive than usual, but angrier? More frustrated? Nope.
  3. OvenMaster

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

:rflmao:
  4. OvenMaster

Caffeine.

I don't mind caffeine at all except in the evening. I really do love coffee but I must have decaffeinated stuff after dinner or else I will not be able to sleep.
  5. OvenMaster

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

Used CDs from Discogs dealers, and torrents.
  6. OvenMaster

RIP Terry DeWick

Nuts. :(
  7. OvenMaster

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Christoph, there are many parallels between our lives, my brother and I caring for our own mother for 20 years. Taking care of someone that you love is the toughest job. When that job is over, go easy on yourself, and take pride in being a good, loving, devoted son. That's rare these days. My...
  8. OvenMaster

New vs Old......I'm sold

I felt the same way when I decided to pull the trigger on a silver A-S501 after using a CA-1010 for many years. There's no contest, the 501 sounds sooooooo much cleaner and better to my ears. Now the only "vintage" piece in my system is my Dual, and I have no regrets about moving up to more...
  9. OvenMaster

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... Welcome back, Paul :)
  10. OvenMaster

What Alignment do you use - Poll

Baerwald, but my arm is shorter than normal so it's only aligned perfectly with the outer grid.
  11. OvenMaster

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Portugal. The Man - Woodstock (2017)
  12. OvenMaster

What are you drinking now?

13. OvenMaster

Happy Birthday OvenMaster!

Thanks, everyone. Sorry I haven't replied until today, I haven't felt well all week and have spent most of it on vacation resting in bed. I hit the big 6-5 on the 29th and it makes one reflect on life spent so far and think about the days to come. You guys are the greatest. :beerchug:
  14. OvenMaster

Poll: LED bulbs for use in home

I have to admit... in my experience, LED bulbs last longer, run cooler, use less juice, and can be bumped around harder than incandescent bulbs (I have a desk lamp with an LED bulb in it and I am constantly banging into it). There isn't even a price premium anymore.
  15. OvenMaster

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

"To every life a light that shines To every heart a beat that's true Baby you're my yellow summer Baby you're my winterblue" Heather Nova - Winterblue
  16. OvenMaster

Walkman vs full size stereo setup

The thing is that I will turn 65 in January 2024. I have had a strong interest in sound, music, reproduction, high fidelity gear, all of it... in my home since I was a teenager in the 70's. I have surely enjoyed real big sound over the years, with systems going from meh to pretty good, no doubt...
  17. OvenMaster

Walkman vs full size stereo setup

Starting a few years ago, I got myself a small Philips ViBE mp3 player for portability. I thought it was pretty convenient and enjoyed it. Since then I've graduated to a Sony NW-A306, an entry-level hi-res digital audio player, with a decent DAC and other enhancements. I have to be honest and...
  18. OvenMaster

Which piece of gear do you most regret selling?

BIC 960 TT with Empire 2000E/III cart. I didn't mind selling the Pioneer SX-450 along with it, but selling the TT/cart combo hurt a lot.
Back
Top Bottom