Search results

1. T

What Was Your First Record?

I believe the first record I actually purchased myself was VanHalen 2. But shortly after that I only bought cassettes for my super cool Panasonic boombox (before they even began being called a boom box)
  2. T

Might be some Tube treasures near Lansing (I have no affiliation with this)

Looks like a few amp projects. I just found it while surfing CL. http://lansing.craigslist.org/ele/5225963615.html
  3. T

Will LED Light Work For a Turntable Strobe?

If the LEDs were different colors would the notches / marks on the turn table alternate colors every other mark? That might be kind of cool...:scratch2:
  4. T

Green ?

It would be pretty interesting to experience how other people percieve their senses. Ever watch the movie “Brainstorm” (1983)? This thread kind of reminded me of that.
  5. T

Green ?

Like a lucid dream?
  6. T

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

CraigsList No Shows!
  7. T

Good one Bob! I'll add to that the idiots in the drive thru that have to ask in detail what is on each thing they order and argue with the person taking the order. A-hole kid behind me in the boom car while I'm ordering.
  8. T

"LOL" anywhere for any reason - forking hate it!
  9. T

"Texting" style sentences anywhere other than a text message. (And even then it sucks) Got this reply to a CL add: "HI SIR, WHAT SZ WOOFER&TWEET, **** HAS. HOW MANY WATTS IT CAN HDL? CABINETS GC,FAIR,ETC? &FOAM ON SPK'S? I'M A FAN OF OLE-SKOOL! THX 4 UR TIME. [PS U TKN STAIN WILL COME OUT?] "
  10. T

meineke

As long as the CV joint rubber boots are not torn or leaking and there is no clicking / popping noise while turning they are likely just fine. Find a parking lot and make a sharp left and right turn and listen for clicking. "Heard slop" when thy pulled the car off of the lift sounds like BS to...
  11. T

meineke

We had a "Lube tech" ( did oil changes and tire rotations) at the dealership I previously worked at. The guy was a junkie. he left lug nuts and oil plugs loose, pissed of some customers and even eventually got fired. I quit shortly after the owner insisted I replace a transmission that I knew...
  12. T

Ghost hunting kit ?

Browsing CL and this stood out. I bet the seller has some interesting stories. http://annarbor.craigslist.org/ele/4309241111.html
  13. T

Buying 2 winter tires only

I just put 2 snow tires on the back of my '98 2wd ford ranger. Front tires are half worn cheap radials. The snow tires do a fair job of keeping the truck from being stuck, then I just drive at a safe speed for the conditions. If under steer and braking are a problem then I'm going too fast...
  14. T

Prediction!

False – never heard of him till now TPBM has an LP in his / her collection for at least 5 years that has never been listened to.
  15. T

Prediction!

True! (Unfortunately) TPBM has smashed vacuum tubes as a kid to hear the POP
  16. T

This, or That?

Mozart Bose or White Van?
  17. T

One Word Song Title Transference

Just can't wait – J. Geils
  18. T

One Word Song Title Transference

Road to nowhere – Talking Heads
  19. T

my classic rock collection sucks...help me

Molly Hatchet Outlaws James Gang / Joe Walsh Montrose Everything Eric Clapton was involved with Boston, and the album “Barry Goudreau” Genesis Crosby, Stills, Nash, and sometimes Young Neil Young
  20. T

Going out with style

I feel bad for laughing…
  21. T

Tracking down a misfire. 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L I6

I would first recommend using the original equipment brand and type of plugs and make sure the gap is correct. Also it depends what the codes are. After the tune up if the problem continues then a misfire in a specific cylinder could be a plug, wire, rotor, etc. or a fuel injector clogged or...
  22. T

Need suggestions for drilling in stainless steel

Know anyone with a bridgeport or some kind of mill?
  23. T

Mullard Tubes Evaluation

What amp did they come from?
  24. T

My New Sensor (and others) preamp (and power) tube listening impressions

Had a bad experience with JJ tubes. Had (4) JJ 12ax7's and (4) JJ EL34's when I first restored my amp (Bell 6060). At first I thought the amp was screwed up, it had a pronounced hum in one channel and one channel was a much lower volume than the other. I swapped the EL34’s from one channel to...
  25. T

The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

Wow, never seen anyone do that. However I do see the occasional tone deaf drunken idiot that for some reason must screech along with the song. Now, the girls in the men’s room using the urinal was pretty funny.
Back
Top Bottom