Search results

1. slovell

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Planet P - Planet P Planet P - Pink World
  2. slovell

Santana IV. This double album sounds so much better on vinyl instead of a cd it's crazy.
  3. slovell

Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture and Stereotomy Larsen-Feiten Band - Full Moon and Neil Larsen - Jungle Fever
  4. slovell

Auracle - City Slickers
  5. slovell

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Dixie Dregs - Night of the Living Dregs Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All
  6. slovell

Dixie Dregs - Night of the Living Dregs Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All
  7. slovell

Santana - Moonflower/1st pressing.
  8. slovell

JVC/Victor QL-Y66F arm shaking when cue in automatically (only at 30 size)

Antiskate, tracking force, and Q-damping. I could move them stop to stop and It would help for a while then start again. I can't remember exactly what it was doing as it's been 15 years since I sold it. My memory ain't what it used to be. Something was acting wacky with the arm. I noticed if I...
  9. slovell

JVC/Victor QL-Y66F arm shaking when cue in automatically (only at 30 size)

I had similar glitches from dirty pots when I had my 66. Sold it while I still could, bought a VPI and never looked back. The VPI Scout blew it away in all respects. If your 66 breaks you'll need another one as parts for it are unobtanium and good luck finding a tech who actually knows how to...
  10. slovell

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Santana Borboletta lp Japanese pressing.
  11. slovell

Santana Borboletta Japanese Pressing.
  12. slovell

I'm being seduced again!!

Welcome back to the Dark Side. :bowdown: Let the blue meters guide you in your quest.
  13. slovell

Vannessa Fernandez

Killer voice, killer sound.
  14. slovell

Audio as a hobby is dying ... ?

I guess for the same reasons that $30k 1/2 meter interconnects bug me. After all, it's just wire, it's not copper mined in the asteroids. If you can afford it, buy it.
  15. slovell

I could have worded that better. I could care less how folks spend their cash on audio. What I meant was that when companies have made audio prices for gear the equivalent of a house or a Porsche seem the norm then there's a problem. Seriously, how can a pair of speakers or an amp or a TT cost...
  16. slovell

When you have gear that costs as much, or more, than a nice house or a Porsche there's a problem.
  17. slovell

What's Your Audio Issue Today?

I've got a slight hum coming from my Rogue Audio Ares phono pre's right channel that I can't find. Yet.
  18. slovell

I might have to shut down the listening room and sell off all my gear

No actual cure for it that I've ever heard of. I've had it in my left ear for 25 years and it's constant, never stops. I get it slightly in my right ear but its sporadic. I've learned to ignore it and get on with my life tinnitus be damned.
  19. slovell

Received new Hifiman headphones...after 1 hour listening...some questions

My Edition X cans sound great with my Fosgate Signature tubed amp. You're correct as they do love power.
  20. slovell

Best TT for under $2,500?

Hell yeah it hurt. I was left handed but now I'm ambi. o_O
  21. slovell

You really can't do better for the money. I've had my arms biwired by Steve Leung at VAS. Not cheap but it really does make a difference. The JMW-9 Memorial arms love Dynavector carts.
  22. slovell

VPI Scout.
  23. slovell

Linn lp12/ittok2 volume biased to right channel.

Check the azimuth angle.
Back
Top Bottom