Search results

1. Elroy

Krell KSA-150

I don't think Krell releases their service manuals so most likely he would have to send it to Krell. You can go to their website for info on how to initiate the process. I have my KSA-100S amp in their hands right now. You know it will be done right when you send it to them rather than some tech...
  2. Elroy

Fascinating Auction

Definitely, because of that movie, now would be the time to sell that one for sure.
  3. Elroy

Fascinating Auction

Be interesting to see if this will actually fetch this much. I'm thinking the Seller is a tad optimistic but who knows! BRAND NEW! Sony TPS-L2 WALKMAN 1979
  4. Elroy

Technics SL 1700mkII Turntable Mint

Yeah, I see that now. It's a shame that Technics is no longer making these parts. You used to be able to get the thick mat like the one that came on the SL-1700MK2 not too long ago on KAB. Now they only have the thin mat. Even so, with a thin cork mat beneath it, you'd have a win win solution-...
  5. Elroy

Of course, if you can always just buy a new one at KAB if you want to keep it original.
  6. Elroy

Thanks! I am spinning some good Steely Dan on it right now.
  7. Elroy

I was very fortunate to find a TRUE new old stock SL-1700MKII last year still in the original box. One thing that you have to realize is there is a derlin gear in the automatic arm return that WILL be cracked. Most of the time the arm will still function but they can easily fail. Fortunately...
  8. Elroy

Yamaha MX-1 Power Amp $80. Score?

Yeah that's definitely a score. That is a GREAT amp! I used to have the MX-1 and CX-1 combo.
  9. Elroy

need to report this?

I was referring to the dilated condition smartass. Usually means a cat is experiencing fear. Maybe this will help you to understand the difference between your picture and the cat we are talking about: What Cat's Eyes are Telling You Here's a quote from that link:
  10. Elroy

need to report this?

Awful sure of yourself aren't you? I think you are radically overthinking your powers of deduction.
  11. Elroy

need to report this?

You can tell by the cat's eyes that it is freaked out. Sick dude is all I can say.
  12. Elroy

Aerial 10T Value

Actually they fixed the flaking problem on the "Version 2" 10Ts. If the speakers are the later version and in nice condition, that's a damn good deal. I absolutely love mine and prefer them over a pair of PSB Synchrony Ones I tried. Seriously, if they are nice don't hesitate for one second.
  13. Elroy

How not to sell a McIntosh

Mark you would have really liked this one: Yamaha B-2X
  14. Elroy

Thanks Mark! Yes I would be the antithesis of the fellow the OP is referring to. Hope you are doing well and still amassing the single greatest Yamaha collection on the face of the earth!
  15. Elroy

And here you are in the thick of it. The OP makes a totally valid point. The way you present an item for sale definitely has a lot to do with how much it will sell for. I agree with the OP that it reveals lack of care and a basic cluelessness about the rarity and the item's desirability when...
  16. Elroy

Who does that???

and a snifter of cognac w/ a cigar will make it downright irrelevant!
  17. Elroy

Red Sox pitcher - High end equipement estate sale - Chevy Chase MD

I'd be curious to know what the Levinsons go for.
  18. Elroy

1980's Era Yamaha K-960 Cassette Deck

I have this exact cassette deck that I would like to refurbish with the afore mentioned parts as well. Where were you able to find the idler? Did you find a replacement pinch roller? Thanks for any info. you could pass along.
  19. Elroy

The Motherlode of all Motherloads

That'd be a given. If someone were to seriously consider making a real world offer on this entire inventory, they would need to have at least 2 good vintage techs and literally check every unit to see, whether it works and how well it works. They would have to catalog the true condition of each...
  20. Elroy

Maybe your definitive tuner?

I agree!
  21. Elroy

Take a Look at this RT-707 before it gets destroyed

Personally, I move on when I see red flags. It's the ones you don't see coming or the ones who promise they will do a good job but still barely lift a finger to do it right that get me.
  22. Elroy

Take a Look at this RT-707 before it gets destroyed

The 4 worst items to ship: 1. Turntables 2. Vintage monster receivers 3. Vintage reel to reel decks 4. Large and heavy amplifiers I can't tell you how many times over the years I have suffered fools who are clueless or just flat out don't give a damn when it comes to packing! Ugh. :dammit:
  23. Elroy

The Motherlode of all Motherloads

I think I have seen this guy trying to sell this collection a few years ago. That may have been another entity though. Half a mil? I'm not seeing it. :no:
  24. Elroy

Interestingly, this fellow has another KT-917 he is selling simultaneously that has never been serviced and does not have the original box. Should be interesting to see the difference in selling prices.
  25. Elroy

It sits appropriately in that high-end Marantz system. These used to easily bring around $1,000 and this one is special being serviced and aligned- good to go. I can see it getting close to 1G. I have the more modern L-1000T and when I got it years ago, I quit looking. Best tuner I have ever...
Back
Top Bottom