Search results

1. AudioClassics1

MC275 MKVI won’t turn off

I may be late to responding, but did you remove the trigger/power control cable from the amp and try the switch then?
  2. AudioClassics1

McIntosh MA6850 bias adjust

Well this post went bad fast! To answer questions without the mud slinging..... I agree with Ron-C, I would order the service manual for the unit. Typically McIntosh amps do not get hot. If you feel that one side is warmer than the other, that is when its good to check the bias.. however if...
  3. AudioClassics1

My Garage Sale Find

Wow! Great find! And it sounds like they all landed in a good home too. Enjoy the music!
  4. AudioClassics1

McIntosh MA 5100

McIntosh did make the MCP1 http://www.roger-russell.com/mcp1.htm This was the solution at the time. Years ago we obtained the boards for these so we made a power supply and small box to use these. They are called the ACP2 on our website. But...they are truly the MCP1 with a different box...
  5. AudioClassics1

What to do with my C34V if I buy an MB50?

Interesting. The MB50 will certainly run as an independent digital preamp. Personally I think the decision should be made once you listen to the MB50. You may find that you just enjoy the sound quality of the C34v more....or maybe the MB50... let your ears make that decision.
  6. AudioClassics1

MX 113 Volume - Channel issues

Sorry to hear of these issues. We have found that the replacement controls to not be 100% accurate (we also used to have these but stopped selling them due to their inconsistencies) The best result for this issue is to send the original control to us to be rebuilt. Hopefully you still have...
  7. AudioClassics1

Audio Classics Clinic

We couldn't agree more! It was the way it was done years ago, and we firmly believe that it should still be this way!
  8. AudioClassics1

Audio Classics Clinic

A customer recently ask us why we have not done a McIntosh Clinic recently. Our response was "Every day is a McIntosh Clinic at Audio Classics!" And this is correct, anyone is welcome to bring in their McIntosh unit and we will gladly test it and give you a spec sheet upon request. Appointments...
  9. AudioClassics1

No more McIntosh LED kits

correct, the led lighting is not a simple "change the bulb" retro fit. Due to the way the voltage is supplied to the lamps, a power supply has to be made to eliminate the lights flickering. The demand has dropped low enough that it is not profitable enough for us to do this anymore. Sometimes...
  10. AudioClassics1

MC2000 Mono?

The MC2000 is basically a dual mono amp. The way the unit is run in mono is using the XLR inputs only, inverting one of the input signal and bridging the inputs together. By inverting one of the input channels in the XLR inputs, it allows you to use one channel of signal and split the channels...
  11. AudioClassics1

Mcintosh MX110 serial number qurestion

They did stamp the serial number under the chassis too... but the stamp was done before assembly so it is possible that it is covered up by internal components..but worth a look!
  12. AudioClassics1

Is McIntosh suffering McDonalds fate?

Agreed... quality is higher, components are tested multiple times with very tight tolerances... and if they aren't making their stuff anymore...then the 80+ very busy people on the production floor, that I say hello to whenever I can, sure have me fooled!
  13. AudioClassics1

McIntosh C32 serviced but returned with a "Bigger" problem

McIntosh does not have any kit for this. This is something that a tech has to work some magic to correct.
  14. AudioClassics1

McIntosh C32 serviced but returned with a "Bigger" problem

C32's are becoming quite common for service. At this point the biggest failure is mainly related to the ribbon cables that are falling apart inside the unit. They are getting very brittle now and can easily become separated from the plugs on the boards. These need to be addressed 100% of the...
  15. AudioClassics1

Happy New Year!

To all of my fellow McAddicts.... Happy & Healthy 2016! (with much McMusic in the coming year!):beerchug:
  16. AudioClassics1

Volume Pot for MX-110 needed

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  17. AudioClassics1

Just arrived: MAC6700

enjoy the music!
  18. AudioClassics1

Volume Pot for MX-110 needed

When we have the MX110's in for service, we usually wind up rebuilding the volume pot since they are NLA.
  19. AudioClassics1

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MAC6700 with Revel M22 speakers.
  20. AudioClassics1

MAC6700 Stereo Receiver

There is a certain amount of peace of mind knowing that the McIntosh system you first heard years ago is as great as what you can hear at a dealer today. They have stayed very consistent for many years which is hard to do in any business! It's like running into an old friend and picking up...
  21. AudioClassics1

MX110 Tuning Eye Questions

If it continues, I have the 6HU6's in stock and can replace it while you wait...well actually while you bug us!
  22. AudioClassics1

Coax out on MCD 500

How far are you thinking?
  23. AudioClassics1

MA6300 Good Buy?

THe MA6300 is a great low powered unit. As with any unit, if matched with the correct speakers, it will be the smooth warm McIntosh unit they always have been! This is the lowest power output unit in their line so don't try to connect a set of B&W 802's to it... The Kef speakers will do very...
  24. AudioClassics1

My MA6900 Power Guard Lighs On, Power Meters Turn to Extreme Right

Send me a private message with your email & I will send you some info.
Back
Top Bottom