Search results

1. Overundr1

Any cat lovers here?

And one more, such a big girl already. She is quite fond of soft jazz in the evenings.
  2. Overundr1

Any cat lovers here?

Katie, our 9 month old Main Coon already over 12lbs not sleeping on top of the 8080db for a change :)
  3. Overundr1

Any cat lovers here?

4. Overundr1

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

That is an interesting point. Now that I think of it, parts I order from overseas seem to arrive in a timely manner most every time compared to internal country shipping, quite strange. Unless you throw DHL into the mix, then not quite so much :(
  5. Overundr1

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

Seems like there are too many times where shipments endlessly commute between the Jackson MS and Memphis TN hub for days on end, back and forth and back and forth and, well you get the idea.
  6. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Did not replace them, easy to do though as the four lift right out on a separate bracket. They are 10,000uf 50V 40x80mm caps with solder lugs. Kemet has a pretty good selection that fit nicely, I would probably go with 10,000 to 15,000uf 63 to 100volt low esr as replacements. Available at...
  7. Overundr1

Sansui 9090db output transistors, knobs, etc

Sounds like my stash of parts :)
  8. Overundr1

Thanks, never seen a stv board
  9. Overundr1

One board uses stv horseshoe diodes for bias compensation the other uses transistors. Different bias trimmer values at least
  10. Overundr1

This should get you started I use 1/2watt metal film resistors at 1% tolerance. R35/R36/R47/R48/R49'R50 4.7 ohm R39/R40 10 ohm R41/R42/R43/R44 150 ohm R33/R34 180 ohm ZD01/ZD02 I use a 24v 2% (5% ok here too) at at least 1.3watt zener diode D05/D06 are double diodes so replace with two 4148 fast...
  11. Overundr1

What a mess :( My call is to start with the first board, that second board with the leds has suffered serious heat stroke which can create hidden trace damage. Unless someone beats me to it will post up the mandatory resistor changes to get you started. Better stock up on desolder braid as well.
  12. Overundr1

Sansui AU-9900a - Please help, I'm going nuts

Perhaps a read through this thread may help dr*audio wrote this up almost ten years back, for some reason the grounding issue was top of mind given your description. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-au-9900-au-11000-repairs.462680/
  13. Overundr1

And finally, personally I find the xoxoDB receivers absolutely incredible when working to spec so yes a worthwhile endeavor.
  14. Overundr1

Need a closer look however I would not use either driver board until they have been reworked. Lots of Sansui techs on AK know the F-2624 driver cards inside and out. At a minimum the fuse resistors, the VD-1212 diodes and the differential pair need to be attended to. If you would share your...
  15. Overundr1

Subscribed, should be an interesting project :lurk:
  16. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Thanks, I forget that detail from time to time.
  17. Overundr1

QRX-9001

93/94 are essentially the same as the 95/96's, which I used since I had them on hand after the other pair went on backorder last fall. At the moment I have the qr4500 running side by side with the Pioneer 949 in the study. Both are nice, neither can touch the QRX and the 4500 gets way more use...
  18. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Its all good, a facial make over for the big girl is just fine. Btw, will add changing the 3 watt 180ohm cement resistors to the 7 watt rated on the supplemental board did reduce the amount of heat coming off the assembly. The 25v regulator mod with heat sink stays nice and cool as well. Been...
  19. Overundr1

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

Oops QRX-9001, 237020747
  20. Overundr1

Sansui Serial Number Database Update

QRX-9001, 23780747 Fully restored -Lee
  21. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Tell a quick story on myself. When one rebuilds the function switch board the tuning string has to be undone. This requires pointer/scale alignment after assembly. Used my digital tuner as a reference to properly align the 9001 pointer with the scale, tweaked the alignment and was astounded that...
  22. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Interesting observation. It seems that supplemental supply board runs warm just like the xoxoDB and for that matter the G9000. Have a set of 7w 180 ohm dropping resistors inbound to try along with undoing the 25v regulator mod. I also for the moment have forgone the quad board mod and also am...
  23. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Everything back together finally, a most satisfying relay click was heard, all four offsets set easily to 0mv +/- 1mv and steady and bias on three of the four channels set to 17mv as read off the emitters but one stubborn channel (right rear just for focus) refused to bias up over 5mv. Pulled...
  24. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Forgot to mention I pulled the quad boards out early to protect them from voltage issues off the supplemental power supply where the 25v feed is so important to the life of the quad chips. Here is the board with new caps, I still wanted to ensure accuracy so added in the QRX restore voltage...
  25. Overundr1

QRX-9001

Since we are in the belly of the beast so to speak lets address the elephant in the room, the pass through connectors on the F-2634 board. Not for those who do not like a challenge as everything has to come apart on the front side of the receiver to get the board out. Here is why the board...
Back
Top Bottom