Search results

1. cubdog

Fair restoration cost for a Sansui AU-517?

I was gifted an AU-517 from the original owner. A solid 9 cosmetically I'd like to bring it back to it's former glory. I have no idea what the going rate is to restore these units. I realize it won't be cheap but I have no idea what is fair. I can be somewhat flexible since I have zero invested...
  2. cubdog

Room placement questions for DQ10 owners.

Hey guys I'm curious as to how your 10s are set up within your listening spaces. Specifically what size is your room and how many feet apart are your speakers center to center. I also wonder where your DQ10 are in relationship to the side and front wall. For example my room is 20x30. From the...
  3. cubdog

Need help with a SX-750

Hey guys I was just gifted a nice, but dirty, SX-750 from my brother in law. First thing to do is clean it up. I removed all the knobs to clean the front panel. However they were on really tight and now I can't seem to get them back on. I'm afraid I'm going to push so hard that I damage the...
  4. cubdog

One more DQ10 thread

A
  5. cubdog

Rediscoverying Boz Scaggs

Once upon a time, many years ago, my favorite song was Boz Scaggs' Loan Me A Dime. I'd listen to it every evening driving home from Pearl Harbor to my apartment in Waikiki. So while I've always been a fan from his Steve Miller days though the short lived discoish phase I've not been a huge fan...
  6. cubdog

Has anyone heard from fuzzywobbles?

Last January 20th I sent fuzzywobbles a PM. Strangely enough Jan. 20th was also the last day he's logged onto AK. Has anyone heard from or know if he's ok? Thanks
  7. cubdog

Tri-Art Audio?

I just stumbled across this companies web page. Apparently they specialize in high end class D and open baffle speakers among other things. I did a quick search here and found nothing on them. www.triartaudio.com/ is the link for anyone interested.
  8. cubdog

Thanks to Audiolama for being a great buyer!

I had a chance to close a speaker deal with Audiolama a couple of days ago. It's always nice to meet and deal with AK members but some transactions are more satisfying than others. In this case, while not without difficulties, the entire transaction was a pleasure. Those difficulties, btw, were...
  9. cubdog

Is Pandora Premium compatible with Squeezebox touch?

I currently use Pandora Plus streamed via Squeezebox Touch. I'm thinking I'd like to try their Premium service but only if it too will work with my Touch units. Is anyone using Pandora Premium with their Touch? If so any problems I should be aware of? Thanks.
  10. cubdog

Raiit, Butterfield Live in LA 1973

Has anyone heard this recording? I ordered it today and hope it's a killer. Butterfield is with his Better Days band and I love their two studio LPs. I have no idea if they play separately, together or both. This was just released earlier this year and I happily stumbled upon it today. Neither...
  11. cubdog

2018 Masters

Well it looks like Watson may win today's par 3. But, who will win the main event? McIlroy, Day, Spieth or Thomas? Woods, Johnson, Stenson or Fleetwood? Or Watson, Fowler, Mickelson, Rahm or Rose? I don't know if there has ever been a deeper field. I'll be pulling for Day, Mickelson, McIlroy...
  12. cubdog

My Squeezebox warning "site not secure"

I use Mysqueezebox as a remote for my Touch units. Today I received a warning that the site was not secure. It also said someone might be trying to fool me or steal information. I've been using Mysqueezebox without incident for years. Is anyone else having any issues?
  13. cubdog

Rockford Il. to North Dakota?

I'd like to get some Klipsch CF3 to Canada. North Dakota or a similar destination would be a good link. Thanks.
  14. cubdog

Magnavox 9304 clicking issue

I just got my 9304 back from being restored. Today is the second day I'm using it and it's developed a rapid clicking noise out of the right channel. Not a sharp clicking sort of muted but very distinct. Sending it back is not an option. Any ideas what it might be? I realize I've given you next...
  15. cubdog

The Fisher, eye candy

Here's something I've never seen before.
  16. cubdog

Trim wood for wrapping Magnavox amplifier

Can anyone tell me where I might find trim board that measures 1 1/2 x 3/4 to wrap around a Maggie console pull? Oak or anything but I figure oak might be easiest to find. I have nice wood that I could cut down except I have no tools to do the cuts. I'm hoping there might be someplace that sells...
  17. cubdog

Thanks to BigElCat

A big thanks to Bret for a quick and painless transaction. First class all the way.
  18. cubdog

Michael Bloomfield and those we lost too soon

Listening to Electric Flag and Michael Bloomfield rip though their version of Wine off A Long Time Comin' I was thinking what if? We've lost so many great talents, and sometimes, listening to their music is bittersweet. Never-the-less, hats off to Michael, Janis, Paul, Jimi, etc. etc. Thanks for...
  19. cubdog

Paul Butterfield's Better Days

I love this band! My favorite Paul Butterfield recordings. What a talented bunch of musicians. It's a shame their live album, from Winterland is over $50 on Amazon. His earlier work with Bloomfield gets more attention but I've always been partial to this outfit.
  20. cubdog

Fresh blueberries...recipe ideas?

My neighbor just dropped off 5 lbs. of fresh Michigan blueberries they picked over the weekend. That's a lot of blueberries! I know my wife has some plans but I'd welcome your favorite recipes as well. Thanks.
  21. cubdog

New amp in the house

Just got this one yesterday. A Maggie 9304. She not the best looking girl in the room but she sings pretty sweetly. Testing her out with a Schiit passive and music via Amazon. Sorry for the crappy pics.
  22. cubdog

Start up static/popping noise

Suddenly my KT88 amp is making noise. Only at startup and only for about 30 second. The noise emanates from only one channel and through the speaker not the amp. After warmup things sound fine. I'm going on the assumption that this is a tube problem. However, I have no idea which tube would be...
  23. cubdog

Trouble downloading Chromecast audio app.

Leave it to me to have a problem with the most simple procedure. I can't seem to properly download the Google Home app to control my Chromecast Audio unit. I've completed the install and both my phone and tablet show CC Audio under the WI-FI devices. However nowhere can I find a CC Audio icon to...
  24. cubdog

Battradio

This may sound kind of tough for some of you who know Mark's situation. So be it. I'm exasperated, and out of patience and it looks like I may be out of my amplifier and $200 as well. In a nutshell Mark's wife is ill and I feel terrible for her and Mark however an illness is no excuse for...
  25. cubdog

Phil Chess dies at 95

Chess records co-founder Phil Chess has passed away at age 95. RIP
Back
Top Bottom