Search results

1. cjmustang69

New System Combination

I had been driving my JBL speakers with a McIntosh solid state amp/preamp until 2 days ago. I had my Scott 222b out of rotation for sometime. Last week I found a very nice LT-110 tuner, and decided to pair it with my 222b integrated amp. I hooked them up to the JBLs yesterday. Balance of...
  2. cjmustang69

System Change

I’ve sold a few pieces of equipment over the past few months, in an attempt to get myself in a position where I have fewer pieces of equipment just sitting rather than listening to them. I currently have my McIntosh MC2255 amp and C33 preamp at AudioClassics for a thorough “going over” as I...
  3. cjmustang69

800C Receiver

I picked up an 800C receiver this morning. I had seen this particular receiver 5 years ago, when purchasing a Pass Labs phono preamp from seller. Therefore, I knew what kind of condition it was in. The seller purchased it 7 years ago from original owner. To his knowledge, it hasn’t been...
  4. cjmustang69

Magnepan and McIntosh

I picked these 3.7i speakers up locally - after seeing them listed on Audiogon. I’d previously owned 3.6r speakers - liked them a lot - but was running multiple systems at the time and just didn’t have room for the Magnepans. I’m down to 2 systems - so have room for these now. Initially...
  5. cjmustang69

Polk Audio RT-35i

I have been looking for a pair of speakers to use with my Scott 222b integrated amp. I wanted something which wasn't too large, yet would provide a satisfactory level of performance. I also didn't want to invest too much, as I have several other systems which I primarily use. I found this...
  6. cjmustang69

Buglegirl - Great Seller

I bought a Scott cabinet from Buglegirl this week. It arrived today looking even nicer than described and packed perfectly. Frannie made the transaction as perfect as possible. Buy from Buglegirl with confidence
  7. cjmustang69

Aerial Acoustics Model 10t

i have purchased a pair of the Model 10t speakers. I would like to remove the mid/tweeter section from base section for transporting of speakers. I understand they can be separated - does anyone have experience with what is involved in doing so?
  8. cjmustang69

C22 Issue

I have owned my C22 preamp (original version) for just over 3 years. It had received a Deluxe Rebuild by NOS Valves in early 2015. It has always performed very well, without any issues at all. As I have several systems, it sees intermittent play. Last evening, I decided to hook it up to my...
  9. cjmustang69

Canton CT-2000 Speakers

This pair of Canton speakers showed up on CL - about 3 1/2 hours from me. They were listed by original owner, who purchased them in Germany. I found limited info about this model on internet - but what I did find was positive. I decided to make drive yesterday to pick them up. The seller was...
  10. cjmustang69

McIntosh based Systems

Below are my current systems, which I recently have been able to complete with repair of my MC7300 amp by AudioClassics: First is a McIntosh MC7300 amp, McIntosh MX-117 tuner/preamp, Cary DAC-200t, Denon DP-59L turntable, and Quad ESL-2905 speakers. Second is a McIntosh MC2105 amp, McIntosh...
  11. cjmustang69

McIntosh/ESS System

I recently picked a pair of ESS AMT-1D speakers. After reforming woofers, I initially hooked them up to my Pioneer receiver where they sounded very nice. Speakers disappeared while providing wide soundstage. Connected them to my McIntosh system this morning to determine how match up.
  12. cjmustang69

ESS AMT-1D Wiring

i picked up a pair of ESS AMT-1D speakers yesterday. I remember these from when they first came out and always wanted to try a pair. The woofers will need new foam surrounds, which I've ordered from Simply Speakers. I removed the woofers this morning and found the woofer's were wired...
  13. cjmustang69

Temporary System

i have a McIntosh amp being repaired by AudioClassics, which I normally use to drive my Quads. While I'm waiting for the amp repair to be completed - I thought I would hook up my Scott LK-48 integrated amp to the Quads and see how they sounded together. I had been using the Scott mainly with...
  14. cjmustang69

MC-2105 Amp Question

I've been moving pieces around, while I wait to get my MC-7300 amp back. This morning, I decided to move my Polk SDA-2 speakers upstairs to play with my McIntosh MC-2105 amp. Before I hook up the umbilical cable, I would like to confirm my amp is a common ground design. I've looked on Polk...
  15. cjmustang69

MX-117 versus C-28

Does anyone have experience with a MX-117 and C-28 and have opinion as to how they compare? I currently have a very nice C-28 (serviced by Audio Classics several years ago) and use with my MC-2105 amp. I like the idea of having tuner/preamp in 1 unit and am thinking of purchasing a MX-117 to...
  16. cjmustang69

Lioh - Terrific Seller

i purchased Marc's McIntosh amp and cabinet recently listed on Bartertown. Marc made the purchase "worry free" with excellent communication regarding status of packaging, shipping, etc...Once the amp and cabinet arrived, the care with which Marc packed/shipped product was obvious. Anyone...
  17. cjmustang69

MC7300 Amp Addition

Just received my new (to me) MC7300 amp purchased on BT from member Lioh. It is in excellent condition and I couldn't be happier with it. Initially I have combined with C22 preamp and upgraded Cornwall speakers. Very happy with initial impressions of combination of the MC7300 and C22...
  18. cjmustang69

Scott LK-48

I have a pretty nice Scott LK-48 integrated amp, which has been redone by NOS Valves. I noticed the left channel seemed to be getting "weak" the past week. Today, the left channel dropped out totally. After checking cables, etc...I switched my 7199 tubes and found the dropped channel followed...
  19. cjmustang69

Holiday System

Set this up in our Dining Room yesterday for holidays. Scott 299C integrated amp, Logitech Touch, Weiss Dac2, and Sonus Faber Concerto speakers. Doesn't take up much room and playing Christmas music from Pandora couldn't be easier.
  20. cjmustang69

Thanks to DRecovery

Bought a Kyocera CD Player from Jason. Player was exactly as described and Jason's packaging and communication were top notch. Buy with confidence from Jason.
  21. cjmustang69

Klipsch Systems

I had owned several pair of Klipsch Heritage speakers in past, but sold them as I experimented with other brands. I recently decided I would like to try a pair of Cornwall speakers and find a vintage Scott integrated amp to pair them with. The first picture below shows the Cornwalls I found...
  22. cjmustang69

Quad System

I found my "Holy Grail" speaker about 4 hrs away this past Monday. I'm selling off some of my audio collection to pay for them, which hurts some, but have to say it is worth it as I'm enjoying the Quads and don't see upgrading anytime soon.
  23. cjmustang69

New Combinations

I recently came across several vintage Pioneer receivers locally. Back in my college days - Pioneer was what I owned so I was interested in having Pioneer pieces again. I bought the Pioneer receivers which allowed me to reconfigure my systems to incorporate the Pioneer pieces. Attached is photo...
  24. cjmustang69

Soliloquy 5.3 Speakers

A pair of Soliloquy 5.3 speakers showed up on local CL this past week. I have read many favorable reviews of this brand and have wanted to try a pair for sometime. I hooked them up to a Scott LK-72-B tube integrated amp initially. First impressions are very favorable. As expected, they image...
  25. cjmustang69

SX-1250 Receiver

I have been looking for a nice SX-1250 or SX-1280 receiver for sometime - preferably local to me. Back in the day, I had a SX-650 receiver in college and have always been fond of the silver faced Pioneer receivers. This SX-1250 showed up on local CL this week and seller indicated it was near...
Back
Top Bottom