Search results

1. Fast_Eddie

Best way to bring back the life in my cabinets?

I've used a product called Rocky Mountain Lustre with very good results. Probably similar to the Howards.
  2. Fast_Eddie

Wifi server/player options?

Actually, the Chomecast gives me an idea to play with. I have Amazon Fire TV on all my TVs, so that covers two of the systems. I was playing with streaming software that did have an app on Fire TV. That might do the job if I can figure out the one system without a TV on it. The app worked with...
  3. Fast_Eddie

Wifi server/player options?

Hey everyone! Haven't been by in a while. Hope everyone is well! I've moved to a new house and am getting all my systems sorted. Trying to figure out the best way to serve FLAC files to multiple systems. I have a Squeezebox Touch and used to use an old computer as a server. When I could make it...
  4. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

The old laptop I'm using doesn't charge the battery anymore, so I had to shut it down to move it from the living room floor. Rebooted it and (quite a while later when it came back up) everything came back without a problem. I'll hook up the USB DAC to the laptop tonight. There is some lag for...
  5. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Doesn't look like this is getting a lot of interest here. But I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this. It's so simple to just get the app on some devices and get it working, I'd really encourage you to play around with it. It's pretty new, and the developer sends an email when you sign in...
  6. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

I'm listening to FLAC files from my computer at home over my phone in my office. This is very, very cool.
  7. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Last update for tonight. For the cost, which is nothing, this is fantastic. This is all pretty new, so it should improve. The tech support guy seemed very open to input, and asked me to check back with my results. Here's what I have found so far. If you stream to one device at a time, it...
  8. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Working on Fire TV as well now. It works pretty well. It does seem to get slightly confused if you're telling it to stream to two devices at once. And they're not synced. But for one device at a time, this seems to be good so far. I'll update after a few days of use. Oh, and I did turn off the...
  9. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Okay, testing this stuff out now. I have my hard drive with my FLAC files plugged into my old Windows 7 laptop. It's pretty old and pretty slow. I installed the Windows version on the computer. It prompted me to download something else to get FLAC to play. That done, it is was working on the...
  10. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

I got a response on their live support. Just playing at the office, I can get FLAC files to play on my phone, and I can control it with my tablet. It doesn't seem to want to play FLAC on my tablet, even though the tech guy thought it should. I'll play with it a bit more, but so far it looks...
  11. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Yeah, annoyingly little information. Seems kind of weird. I get the idea of keeping it simple, but I'd expect a link to more technical info. I found this, and it made me believe that this will support FLAC. But I have no idea. It seems to be an appeal to audiophiles before they launched the...
  12. Fast_Eddie

OnAir Box?

Anyone looked into this? It sounds pretty fantastic. The app is free, so I'm going to experiment with it. We put a FireTV box on the stereo downstairs. If it will stream FLAC from my computer, I can stop messing with my finicky Squeezebox Server. http://www.onairplayer.com/box.html (edit) I'd...
  13. Fast_Eddie

System coming together... but need speakers

I would find a pair of ARs, then, when I realized what they really could do, I'd find an amp that could really make them sing. Look for a deal on AR5s, the most under-ratted speaker ever. Or maybe some AR2AX. I'd never buy Heresys and try to be content with what they can do with a few watts...
  14. Fast_Eddie

What was the last movie you watched?

The Big Lowbowski with my 15 year old daughter.
  15. Fast_Eddie

System coming together... but need speakers

I like this suggestion. A25s are great. Or keep an eye out for a pair of AR5s. Best value in speakers, IMO.
  16. Fast_Eddie

Teledyne Acoustic research AR9

necro post of reality. Speakers: I've heard many. The Teledyne Acoustic Reasearch AR9 is the best speaker ever made. Some will disagree. Others, who have heard them, will agree. Spend what you like, even at insane eBay standards, the AR9 is the pinnacle. They were the best speaker made by the...
  17. Fast_Eddie

why is Audio Karma so heavily into vintage... pretty much everything.

Kinda with you. I dunno for Death Metal. Not really sure what it is. But AC DC sounds more awesomeer on a great stereo, for sure. One with lots of watts. And speakers that sound better when you give them lots of watts. Like, oh, I dunno, vintage ARs for instance.
  18. Fast_Eddie

Who is Slim Whitman? High end audio of the 70s for 600, Alex. (edit) Playing Bent now. Just to get something modern into the mix. (edit again) Hey - look at my cool sig! Bent FTW.
  19. Fast_Eddie

Speaker technology peaked in 1978 with the AR9. Some don't agree, but they're wrong. I'm kidding. But only kinda, sorta. And honestly, my AR3s and my LST2s are darn good too, if you give them a little EQ. Just sayin'. Some of you speaker wizards could probably figure out how to graft a...
  20. Fast_Eddie

Squeezebox server. Squeezebox touch. Squeezeremote on your smart phone. Load some FLAC on a computer, sit back, and enjoy the tunes, with full remote including volume through your vintage gear. My daughters old pink Dell netbook is my server and it works fine. Basically free. I use a Muse USB...
  21. Fast_Eddie

I'm about vintage that's not cheap. Hell, I'm into vintage that's cheap too. You can build amazing systems for low dough. Thrift store scores taught me all I know about audio. Then I started to figure out what I liked and started spending a little more. Still a lot cheaper than high end new...
  22. Fast_Eddie

I have a Deadmau5 sticker on my race car.
Back
Top Bottom