Search results

1. SOTA

What to use to remove old glue holding down electrolitic caps on circuit boards

Hot glue will release on contact with rubbing alcohol.
  2. SOTA

Speaker spikes?

I have my 1st gen RF-7s on the spikes that came with, standing on 12"x18" furniture dollies. Great sound and mobile to boot.
  3. SOTA

Vintage speakers recommended

Love my A35s!
  4. SOTA

Klipsch RF-7 feet "first version"

I have my 1st gen RF-7s on the spikes, standing on footprint matching furniture dollies and biamped with Arcam gear. I'm sure the feet are in a drawer somewhere.
  5. SOTA

Help identifying speakers

Vintage Van Whyte?
  6. SOTA

This is bizarre…

Aliens.
  7. SOTA

One of your senses sharpens greatly as you age...

...The B S detector.
  8. SOTA

If your 21st century self could meet with a 20th century business owner...

...just before their quantum leap to success, who would it be? I say Henry Ford J L Kraft Hector and Mario Boiardi Leo Fender Alonzo Decker Jr. The things you could show any of them, think of it!
  9. SOTA

What small vintage speakers are in your collection?

Dynaco A35
  10. SOTA

Best speaker score under $100

Klipsch RF-7s/RC-7/RS-7s/RSW-12 Arcam AVR300/Arcam CD33 My mother called me to come and pick them up. silent since my dad passed 14 years earlier.
  11. SOTA

Genetic lottery winners...

My mum~86 in July, her dad passed@48 and her mother@74 My dad's side fared similarly. My Nonna passed@59 and my grandpa passed @ 85 but my dad died@ 71. Myself and my sister, the only ones of 7 siblings that are not diabetic, myself 66 and my sister 58 in Dec. My nephew, 35 6' 6" 550 lbs...he...
  12. SOTA

Learned in school... never used after.

Unless you know the right words.
  13. SOTA

Learned in school... never used after.

Obsolete information. I'd like to go back to Auto/Electronics shops and explain things to my teachers that they could not comprehend or in some cases, imagine in the 60s~early 70s like electronic ignition or fuel injection or digital electronics. All with no tubes. "The Wizard Of 2022". We all...
  14. SOTA

Tax Time scare calls

Every year at tax time, I get no ID callers which I ignore. They leave messages always in Chinese. How do I respond as I do not understand them?I could play the messages to my BIL who is Chinese, and listen to him laugh. I have ignored them for years and no Chinese police have ever tried to...
  15. SOTA

What are you drinking now?

Chilean plonk and smoking weed.
  16. SOTA

Anyone partake in the weed

I do but only daily (continually for 1/2 century...I'm fine).
  17. SOTA

HBY George Jetson

George Jetson is a 40 year old family man in the year 2062, placing his birth this year. Anyone know his parents?
  18. SOTA

your kitchen mixer?

What machine do you use to beat up your food? I have the KitchenAid Pro 550 6qt, 575w now 12 years old and just like new. That thing would mix drywall mud or concrete but I also have a DeWalt cordless drill that will do it too.The KA has been used primarily for meatloaf or mashed spuds but will...
  19. SOTA

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Klipsch RF-7 Braun L800 Dynaco A35 Polk RT35i Not getting into any of the Fender/Marshall etc.
  20. SOTA

Polk 705 versus Klipsch RP-8000F

Never heard the RP-8000 but I'm certain they will sound very good. I will continue to endure with my RF-7s.
  21. SOTA

Speaker identification

Someone's homebrew LaScalas.
  22. SOTA

Table top am/fm radios

Got one on the night table for 30yrs. There is a white one on the kitchen counter in the movie "Uncle Buck".
  23. SOTA

Vintage black receivers?

70s blackface. In my bedroom is an Advent 300 receiver driving (very well) Dynaco A35s for the tv. I have some "near modern" BF gear in the form of Kyocera B910 power amp(80s), Yamaha RXV1300 6.1 rec and Arcam AVR300 7.1 rec from around 2000.
  24. SOTA

Vintage speakers that have a lot of bass?

I have A35s that can rumble.
  25. SOTA

Mystery "Denmark speakers." Anybody know anything? Just for fun.

From Van Whyte Labs.:rockon:
Back
Top Bottom