Search results

1. R

Is Heathkit Vintage Stereo?

Yes, definitely. There are many examples of vintage Heathkit receivers from the early 70s. Heath also offered speaker kits enabling do it yourselfers to build equivalent versions of AR and others. If this does not qualify as vintage, don't know what does.
  2. R

About vintage audio in Hong Kong - another long post

This looks like an encyclopedia.
  3. R

Dynaco A 25

Got mine in June of 1972 for $53.50 per speaker. The price has held up remarkably well. Of course you cannot even begin to compare the prices with inflationary factors thrown in. With today's dollar, the prices quoted are also remarkably low. That original price I got was a helluva deal. I have...
  4. R

System suggestions

Thanks, guys, all points well made.
  5. R

System suggestions

I am a long standing member of the Sinatra Family Forum and am just beginning to share my audio passions with a couple of SFF members. One is a woman who lives in England, the other a young man who lives in New York. They were both prepared to spend their money on Bose systems until I stepped in...
  6. R

What Did You Pass On Today?

I passed gas.
  7. R

Montgomery Wards stereo question

Jimi Hendrix learned to play guitar with a black, hollow bodied Sears Silvertone model My friend Benny Saboonchian lives in Seattle and has developed a close friendship with members of the Hendrix family. When Al Hendrix was still alive, he took Benny to the Sancum Sanctorum and gave Benny the...
  8. R

Record Collectors Deal?

Time is running out and no bidders.
  9. R

small business good products *ping Wardsweb

I would merntion the great Sonic Impact T Amp; but the way this thing has grown it might not qualify anymore as a small business.
  10. R

Do female audiophiles exist?

I have never met any woman whose interest in equipment matched my own. But that is not saying female audiophiles don't exist.
  11. R

This is for all the Bose fans out there

How many dedicated Bose fans are there here? Two?
  12. R

Record Collectors Deal?

I have no idea what this sucker might end up paying for a listing fee, but with five days and 20 hours to go and no bids, the only person who will end up paying money for this joke is the idiot who posted it.
  13. R

New Thrift Shop CD's...Man Have I Got It Good

Any time I can read posts like these, I feel a little better that there may be hope for the world.
  14. R

Craigslist: Portland, OR

$200 is in my opinion a very fair price for this excellent Thorens turntable. I always called this one "the poor man's Linn Sondek."
  15. R

New White Van speaker name?

Seeing this photo reminds me of those damning surveillance photos published at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
  16. R

Record Collectors Deal?

This last post puts everything into its proper perspective. No one in their right mind would put in a serious bid on this item.
  17. R

New White Van speaker name?

Anybody who buys into this crap deserves what they get. It is obviously a white van special.
  18. R

Thrift Find: ADS L620's

That is a very nice find for such a low price. I wish I could see something this good in a thrift shop, just once. Never saw anything remotely close in quality to what you have. Congratulations!
  19. R

Record Collectors Deal?

Be that as it may, there is also next to nothing in the way of detailed information behind all of these recordings. How does this idiot expect to have anyone bidding half a million when he does not provide details about what is being sold? And he is dreaming if he thinks anyone will "Buy it Now"...
  20. R

Record Collectors Deal?

The credibility for this offering is severely damaged by many misspellings of the artists' names. I do not need to go into any further details. Any time an Ebay product listing cannot get names right, I wonder.
  21. R

Record Collectors Deal?

The seller of this item is taking it for granted that a seeker is born every minute.
  22. R

Your favorite "all-around" speaker?

DCM Time Windows
  23. R

Need a recommendation

I agree with everything said here and would like to add the DCM Time Windows to the list, if you can find a pair in decent shape. These do not extend quite as far on the bass end but in all other respects they closely match the description given above. I never intend to part with mine. You would...
  24. R

Fast vs Slow

Just reading these posts ignites images from deep within my brain of those oscillooscope photos so common in the Julian Hirsch tests for Stereo Review. I am seeing square waves in my sleep.
  25. R

The Truth About Cassettes!

I know one idiot who still happens to own a Yamaha cassette deck from the late 70s that was renowned in its day because of its distinctive wedge shape, designed by the Italian designer Mario Bellini. I wish I could steal it from this jerk, who has absolutely no appreciation of it. This deck is...
Back
Top Bottom