Search results

1. D

Luxman L-31 bias question (45mA after 1min or once stabilized)

Don't blame yourself talking! :rflmao: Posts like yours are the most helpful, because you share knowledge AND experience. That's how I'm pleased to learn, by understanding by myself AND being taught. By understanding how things work and practicing, you end up knowing that a working solution is...
  2. D

Thanks. That's a well-written digest of all the readings I've had since I try to understand how this works. Very helpful. I still don't know whether Luxman wants the tech to adjust bias cold or warm. I'll experiment with Oliver's condition and a thermometer and report here. From what I...
  3. L-80V bias

L-80V bias

4. D

Hi there. Is the aforementioned procedure applicable to every Luxman amplifiers from this era? Question arises as I'm currently almost done servicing a Luxman L-504 from the early 1970s. I haven't found the service manual but it shares the same circuit and same transistors as the L-80V and its...
  5. D

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Could this side-effect be a capacitor choice issue? In the EVM datasheet, TI states that the bootstrap snubber capacitor should be NP0/C0G.
  6. D

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Funny! And interesting. There is nothing printed on the caps except the Yugang logo and values, indeed. That's a little worrying concerning the rest of the components populating the board, though. Given that information, any good quality low-ESR cap should be a valuable even mandatory upgrade...
  7. D

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

OS-CON alternatives Hi there :yes: I'm about to experience some mods on one of my "audiobah" AC1308 boards. I own three of them. They came equipped from factory with two Yugang 35V/470µF capacitors. I'm going toward the recommended upgrade with Panasonic 25V/330µF SEPF capacitors and also...
  8. D

Input too loud for the volume pot?

Better late than never! I've finally tried another pot. Shelly, you were right :) The pot wasn't making complete contact to the ground end, there is still a few ohms resistance there on both channels. I think the pot has been damaged by a shock. A new pot in and problem solved :) The...
  9. D

Well... That was my conclusion at first, too. Maybe, my measurements didn't show bad behaviour of the pot on the extreme end :( Better check twice. I reckon I might have excluded this pot too quickly. I measured good resistance, variation and tracking but not paid attention on *perfect*...
  10. D

@wmgwizard: I repeat, connections are alright, the way they have to be and you expect them :) The volume pot has no effect from minimum to 9 o'clock, then volume cranks up. But the pot performs beautifully with very good tracking and symmetry all the way... Measured from about 100K to almost...
  11. D

It´s plugged the right way, just like this picture I've taken from the web: I noticed the RCA caps. I don't have them. Would they be a solution or even mandatory there? Regarding the other comments. Yes, if I turn the volume on the source down to a certain point (almost the minimum), it is...
  12. D

When I mean preamp, I mean preamp. I was just aiming at being more precise: nothing is wrong with the main amplifier part. You can separate the preamp from the main amplifier at the back of the unit. The preamp outputs signal with the volume pot down to the minimum. You can listen to this issue...
  13. D

Hi there! I was given a nice old Luxman L-504 from the 70s in good health and shape, but I encounter a small issue: Even with the volume pot down to the minimum, there is still a large amount of music coming out of the preamp from every line input (meaning aux, tuner and tape) playing from my...
  14. D

Amplifier Sensitivity, Decibels, and You!

A very interesting topic, a must-read, glad it's pinned :) Edit: Regarding the subject... I had a question that I moved to a fresh topic to not pollute this one: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=576275
Back
Top Bottom