Search results

1. sancho22

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

Yes! Please keep posting stuff like this - very cool and I for one can learn a ton. Thanks!
  2. sancho22

Not me
  3. sancho22

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Congratulations! Enjoy! Looks amazing and seems you found audio nirvana.
  4. sancho22

Livingston, NJ - KEF R107 w/KUBE... $1000 - Scroe!

Yup great price Too bad I already have a pair- not sure I would sell mine for that price though
  5. sancho22

Welcome! There is a fair amount of information in this long thread including face plate If you search in tube audio section you can find a thread or two on rebuilds and identify a few guys who are very good and capable rebuilding anything including FC amps (for advice )
  6. sancho22

Can’t seem to find the 275 under the sold items On another note there was a pair on Reverb in December in VT - it was decent with cages for $3400…hope someone here got them
  7. sancho22

Yup - looked as a single yo me first For a pair - even though beat up- the price is a bit more palatable
  8. sancho22

Happy new year guys!!!
  9. sancho22

Quad ESL 63 speakers

Just got back from NH with my 63 finally rebuilt. Like others I was contemplating it for 6 years - Covid did not help - and finally took a plunge. Sheldon was fantastic and the result made the close to 11 hours round trip from nj worth Highly recommend Pics will follow soon
  10. sancho22

LaFayette KT-600 Preamp ???

And now the asking prices are above 2k…
  11. sancho22

Eico HF-85 Redo

Looks awesome!!!
  12. sancho22

Should I Make an Offer or Pass on Marantz 3 Piece 70's System

Congratulations! Keep us posted on the progress
  13. sancho22

Anyone bought the pair of 275 with cages on Reverb? Looks like they sold for 3500 I think it was ousted today - in VT Too bad I was in that area a few days ago..,
  14. sancho22

Kef 105 107 Pricing in '23

Keep us posted There are two eBay sellers of ferrofluid replacement in case you want them to do it vs yourself- good luck either way! PS- I will watch this with Intetest as I may need to do the same if I end up keeping mine…
  15. sancho22

the 250th tube tester thread - help me choose

Thanks again!
  16. sancho22

Ok so the maxi match requires two testers which brings the bill to 2k Amplitrex almost twice as much Serviced TV7 around 1500 752 about half of TV7- looks like a no brainer?
  17. sancho22

Super helpful - thank you guys! Brice - I will check out your testers once I come over
  18. sancho22

Hi all I red up at AK and many other sites. It seems that depending on planned use, budget, etc. there is no clear consensus. all testers seem to have some limitations. Amplitrex AT-1000 seems to be the easiest and likely the best for home use but really very expensive. I am talking ONLY about...
  19. sancho22

Kef 105 107 Pricing in '23

There are at least two eBay sellers who do KEF tweeter reconditioning/ferrofluid change. Worth a try if not willing / capable (like me).
  20. sancho22

Looks like one bid took it home - sold for the initial asking price. Anyone here?
  21. sancho22

ADS 2030 value?

You can still find replacement drivers from time to time on the usual sites. I owned a pair of 1530 (and many other ADS including 910) but not 2030. The 1530 was one of the best I ever heard (out of about 60 parts so far) in my house. The more knowledgable ADS experts will chime in hopefully...
  22. sancho22

How was CAF? I ended up going for a day with a buddy - much better vs NYC Btw - the 248 is back. Thoughts about it?
  23. sancho22

SONY TA-N77ES THAT GOOD???

Beautiful’
  24. sancho22

No I still have most except the 275 single… Trying to downsize …
Back
Top Bottom