Search results

1. wilkes85

Is it still a receiver if....

Now if only the tuning dial was a slider.... I wonder if anyone's ever made a tuner like that? hm...
  2. wilkes85

That's actually bass - treble - balance - volume But thanks! Not everyone seems to like slider switches, but i think they're cool.
  3. wilkes85

Cat proofing my audio setup.

That cat did you a favour. those are white van speakers.
  4. wilkes85

... it also has a built in tape player/recorder?
  5. wilkes85

How Many Receivers Do you own?

I own 2... one 1992 Kenwood KR-A4040 receiver, and a 1972 Concerto (don't know the model and too lazy to get up to see it) receiver, with a built in 8 track player/recorder. I also have a Concerto integrated amp with a built in 8 track player. Well technically it is an integrated amp LOL
  6. wilkes85

Right Glass for your beer

Haha yea... well you should have seen what I was drinking from at Craven this year... a Pepsi can with the top cut off lol
  7. wilkes85

Cat proofing my audio setup.

Get some Soundesign speakers for him to scratch up lol
  8. wilkes85

Hijack This Thread!

I wouldn't be surprised if we all got banned for hijacking this thread.
  9. wilkes85

Cheap Trick releases new album on 8-Track

Oh man that is awesome. And I really hope this takes off, because I'd like to see some new 8 track releases. Remember everyone, 10-15 years ago, no one would even think vinyl would make a comeback, but look at us now.
  10. wilkes85

Just one question regarding reversed polarization?

yea but this is like 22 guage crap he used LOL But have you ever used a power cord as speaker wire? I had this old broken up heavy duty extention cord, so i took out my trusty razor blade and extracted the black, green, and white wires from the yellow shell. Used that in my car as speaker...
  11. wilkes85

Right Glass for your beer

My favourite thing to drink alchohol out of is one of 2 things: an Alberta Premium glass I stole from the bar a number of years ago [with what they charge for drinks, I think i've earned it lol] and an antique mason jar.
  12. wilkes85

oh crap LOL... well that is kinda scary lol... I haven't run it in a few months. now you got me paranoid to go use it haha I think something similar happened to an old car stereo I had (mid '70s era) in my '74 LTD. The speaker in the dash caught fire spontaneously and i'm damn lucky my car...
  13. wilkes85

ooh man... yea that cap is pretty ancient, and it does need replacing big time. But I doubt it will someday just blow and I'll get all 110V if i touch it... wait, could that really happen? Also, pics coming up when I find some batteries for my camera. it's an awesome unit.
  14. wilkes85

Beatles Better in Mono?

I wouldn't think so. I think their particular style of stereo sound is awesome. A lot of people hate having only the vocals on one channel, and everything except the vocals on the other, but I think it sounds cool.
  15. wilkes85

BSR turntable speed control

A re-lubing would be a good idea. The grease that was used in these BSRs tends to turn to bubble gum over time. This one I bought recently was entirely siezed up... every moving part was solid as a rock.
  16. wilkes85

Well, I got this 1962 Fleetwood portable stereo record player (Canadian brand name, and obviously low end, judging by the build quality and the fact that it posesses a BSR changer (model UA16), but still a good rig), and when I plug it in with the polarization reversed (the plug upside down or...
  17. wilkes85

Visual of the ultimate WAF

Cool speaker. Also, I HAVE THAT EXACT SAME CLOCK/RADIO! It's been my daily driver since I was a little kid, and even then it was old lol
  18. wilkes85

Sometimes it doesn't even have to sound good!

Except if it's me, in which case, everyone's up my ass over how moronic I am for not owning something that's 3,000,000 WPC, made of solid gold, has heat sinks the size of houses, etc. "All audio no attitude... unless your stereo doesn't live up to our extremely high standards".
  19. wilkes85

Another weather thread.

Saskatchewan... cold, raining, and generally just shit. At least gas prices have gone down though. I was surprised to see 99.8 today, considering last year around this time it was in the 150 range.
  20. wilkes85

Sometimes it doesn't even have to sound good!

Well at least SOMEONE gets that you don't need a solid gold stereo that puts the sound system at Woodstock to shame to enjoy music... you know who you are lol
  21. wilkes85

Garden shed as dedicated home cinema room

Oh one of those wooden ones. Ah OK. For some reason I was thinking of those cheap old brown and white aluminum pieces of shit that cave in when it snows, when I read the title. You know, the ones with the sliding doors, and even though you can put a lock on them, that's all for show, because all...
  22. wilkes85

Is it a sin to put my black 10.00 find eq with my vintage stuff?

Why the hell not? My main system is a compilation of various components, varying in size, appearance, vintage, quality level, brand, etc. Looks a little bit strange to see them all mashed together in a cheap Zellers stereo cabinet though. there's a cheap BSR EQ with gray painted particle...
  23. wilkes85

Man Killed by Chocolate

Oh yeah? Well there's a bridge in Saskatoon, built sometime in the 1910s. A guy fell into the cement and is still encased in the bridge to this day.
  24. wilkes85

Systems with the LOWEST WAF

Usually the ones that clash with all the doilies, decorations, and other general fruity crap.
  25. wilkes85

I have to get one of these!

That is a very *ahem* interesting looking turntable. But usually it seems that "interesting" looking turntables are the ones that sound and work the best.
Back
Top Bottom