Search results

1. jeffhamman

Magnavox 148-CB Opinions/questions???

Im still alive dont check in very often
  2. jeffhamman

substitute power transformer

Ok good info here.yes. I'm staying with 5y3 for originality.the zenith is a stereo SE 6bq5 amp with no preamp tube .just the output tubes on the chassis.so have no real use for it.I will monitor the voltages.thanks for the advice
  3. jeffhamman

I was concerned about the ohm rating difference on the secondary between the 2.
  4. jeffhamman

I need a power transformer for my mono magnavox amp169bb.I have a parts zenith ? can u use the zenith trans .here are the 2 schematics.
  5. jeffhamman

magnavox amp596?

I've seen a Magnavox stereo se 6bq5 amp in a Sylvania console. Factory??
  6. jeffhamman

diy cheap preamp? ebay chineese

I have it working.doesn't matter which is considered neutral this is well worth 14.00 building a small tube preamp. So far so good sounds excellent.now for an enclo sure
  7. jeffhamman

diy cheap preamp? ebay chineese

Here's something I got off eBay for 14 $. Question it needs 2@ 12 vac inputs but shows ground or common with 3connections .I'm using 2ac transformers shown.how do I determine the common?
  8. jeffhamman

got a pair of 169bb's

amp168bb I have this same setup in my model.I am in need of a power transformer if anyone has abparts unit or spare.
  9. jeffhamman

My first "Maggie" tube console

modern concerto this is a 1959 Magnavox modern concerto pair. should have a amp185 if there is no tuner option.(has the 7025 phono stage tube on the chassis).OR.. amp175 if there is a tuner option in there.(absence of the 7025 phono stage tube on the 175 chassis) very nice. hope you keep it as...
  10. jeffhamman

Baldwin Stereo Build - Turned out OK....

baldwin 54 organ for free I just picked up a working organ for the amp...same as yours. Keep me posted on progress. I will do the same
  11. jeffhamman

Tube receiver for my Wharfedale W70's

w90 Wharfedale w90s...1964.mine are efficient and use them with all my tube amps receivers.sherwood s8000 and fisher 500c are clear winners.i have amost every style magnavox zenith motorola westinghouse and admiral.etc.el84 p-p they work well too.have a little bear preamp to push them. I...
  12. jeffhamman

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

Must have been '62.my sk53cw was a '61 and looks identical do you know the difference? Very nice also just picked a sk47 and have a sk49 all 3 to be restored
  13. jeffhamman

magnavox amp148?

Ok thats good info ive got several organ tube amplifier chassis with physically larger pt. I dont want to alter these amp148 to that point.they are pretty rare ...i got the organs for free for the amps and project some day.
  14. jeffhamman

magnavox amp148?

fullrange Yes you can bypass the circuit.ive done it a few times with a pair of 6l6 works well using the bass transformer. I was wanting to try my 8417 tubes then i saw that they were monsters so the reasons for this post.
  15. jeffhamman

magnavox amp148?

This thing powers 8@ 6v6 tubes and the tuner tubes.my avtar shows this amp.i run these as stand alone monoblocks . can i get away with a pair of el34 6550 kt88 or 8417 or like tubes. i know this was biamped.im planning on not running bi amped. I think the power transformer can handle it.and...
  16. jeffhamman

Unusual Magnavox console

concert grand 1957/58 only Thats the only model with the sliding glass panels on top the middle one is stationary.numbers to look for on rear is'57 is 300h while '58 is st-205. I have a 58 im restoring
  17. jeffhamman

Large Magnavox Tube Amp Question

amp 150 amp 148 150 is 25 watt bi amp; amp150 uses 4 6v6 tubes for bass and 1 6v6 for treble148 is 40 watt bi amp. Amp148 has 6 6v6 tubes dor the bass and 2 for treble aso 150 uses different preamp tubes.otherwise the design and architecture is much the same.
  18. jeffhamman

Magnavox AMP 150? I think.

300h Yes thank you for the update. I will add this to my notes.the reel to reel was not an optipn in 58 becausr this space was taken by the aditional amp...iwould like to correct my last post the 58 was not 2 amp 150 but 1@amp150 and 1@p 179. Virtually identical though
  19. jeffhamman

. No it was avail 55-57 in a few different cabinet styles.the imperial symphony as well as the concert grand. Only in 1957 concert grand there was only 1 amp 148 ..model 300h .the. 58 concert grand had the same cabinet as the 57 but true stereo it now used 2 of the amp 150s.then the redesigned...
  20. jeffhamman

amp 148 Like my avtar. Amp 150 on steroids
  21. jeffhamman

paraphase ??

Can someone describe or draw me example of this. Do most tube amps employ this design.or was it exclusive to magnavox. Did other brands use this.was it done on 1 tube or 2
  22. jeffhamman

Anyone Know anything about "Arnold Caplan custom Stereo" TUBE

Refer to martel fax200c these are made by roland co.
  23. jeffhamman

9090db NO DISPLAY

ok it will not capitalize i will re do the lamp circuit board its really messy! whats the deal with the push power switch. read this could be a problem too causing lights not to work? solder is probably the issue! red beacon im referring to, was a mistake for another model.But isnt there a...
  24. jeffhamman

9090db NO DISPLAY

I PULLED THIS OUT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER STAB AT THIS.HERES WHAT IVE CHECKED, F03 IS GOOD 7.5 VAC. CLEANED SELECTOR WAFERS. BUT THAT ONLY APPLYS TO THE 9090. STILL HAVE NO DISPLAY SELECTOR LIGHTS OR FM TUNING METER LIGHTS AND NO RED BEACON. I DO HAVE POWER METER LIGHTS THOUGH. I NOTICE THE LAMP...
  25. jeffhamman

Magnavox Consoles/Late 50s-Early 60s (Warning: Lg. Files)

magnavox magnasonic special Its Blonde Oak, thats at least what i think its called. It was soon superceeded by the sp290 pair in 1959 it was identical with a stereo amp 175/185 style
Back
Top Bottom