Search results

1. phatster

Dahlquist DQ-20...School me on these.

Hope your enjoying the 20's.I have become an open baffle convert but still enjoy select "box" offerings.
  2. phatster

How good is the ADS 1530?

I would be interested in your 10's ,I'm in your boat as well but holding on to 1530's best as I can.
  3. phatster

March Madness 2021 ... anyone?

Followed Cronin when he coached University of Cincy,his teams are always tough minded and play excellent D.Unfortunately for our Michigan breatheran,Johnny Juzang had his coming out party.I still take Gonzaga in the final.
  4. phatster

Just bought a Pair of Dahlquist M905 speakers - Nice!

I have a pair...quality speaker.I recommend getting them off the floor about 10" with a little tilt back.If you haven't researched them then do ,some really good reviews.
  5. phatster

Boyuurange A50 mk iii, 300b

Appreciate your idea but I used all my money on tubes! Seriously, I have looked for that version but have not found a copy in my wheelhouse.MSFL stuff seems to be highly collected!
  6. phatster

I'm at 75 hours now and tubes continue to impress,percussion and vocals are particularly "live".The recording by Counting Crows(August....) is stunning,check it out.
  7. phatster

I apologize 313,I have negative emotions going back to the days of the fab 5,need more therapy I guess. Being originally from KY may explain it! Not good times in BBN.
  8. phatster

I'm pulling for Bama now....anybody but Michigan.Loving Oral Roberts....too bad they didn't get to play Morehead:rflmao:
  9. phatster

Got the WE-300B's....WOW....after 25 hours they have sigificantly improved SQ.Bass,top end sparkle, and soundstage have all become more "there". I know they are costly BUT I really appreciate the improved presence and realism.I play a great deal of live recordings and these are a major...
  10. phatster

"ill informed crowd" :rolleyes:
  11. phatster

Recent 300b new production tube comparisons

Go ahead and spend that covid relief $ on the WE's!:bowdown:
  12. phatster

Inexpensive (Cheap) Bookshelf Speaker Sony SS-CS5

Danny of GR is the real deal!
  13. phatster

Going to fill out my brackets today!:banana:
  14. phatster

Thanks opnly,I likey spacial audio!
  15. phatster

Thanks Tom,need an invite to Yahoo,my current email is thurmand1@comcast.net.Go Morehead!
  16. phatster

ADS L880 Placement

ADS love is a good thing! Despite having too many speakers I still lust for a pair of 1530's.
  17. phatster

I'm still hoping to get more details about what platform we are using.Thanks again Tom!
  18. phatster

Support Morehead!:rolleyes:
  19. phatster

Sorry old man8,I'm out of practice on posting pics! I will tell you that it was designed by an American engineer and assembled in China.Brand is Pacific Creek,sold new @2005.There are a few reviews on the net ,one in particular spoke very negatively about the poor sound of the Chinese 300B...
  20. phatster

I'm anxiously awaiting WE-300B pair.They were $1500 directly from W E.I will report back how they sound in comparison to my current Chinese 300B's.I'm using a Chinese assembled Separo amp, very similar to the A50.
  21. phatster

Good deal....LAPD Mil-Spec BDU pants $14.99

Wow,I've been looking for snake chaps....Thanks!
  22. phatster

ADS L880 Placement

One of the best ADS speakers in my view.I don't think much elevation is helpful,10 inches with a small lean backward.I got the best bass closer to the back wall.What other components are in your system as they make a difference in SQ as well?
  23. phatster

2018-2019 College Basketball

UK Wildcats seem to be improving game by game.Kansas game should be a excellent test. SEC is much improved this year.
  24. phatster

Looking for a tube amp but where to start?

Decware hard to beat,look for used.
  25. phatster

What Artist passing affected you the most

Rory,Ronnie Lane and Pete Hamm.
Back
Top Bottom