Search results

1. Sovereign

I started out very happy with my 2.5's but lately I just don't know. I'm powering both with a...

I started out very happy with my 2.5's but lately I just don't know. I'm powering both with a vintage Yamaha m-65 amp which is 230 Watts per channel at 4 Ohms and it doesn't seem to have enough power unless I max out the gain on the amp. I'm thinking of trying to bi-amp and do some room tweaks...
  2. Sovereign

I really enjoyed following your restoration of you RS 2.5's. I was wondering how the caps you...

I really enjoyed following your restoration of you RS 2.5's. I was wondering how the caps you replaced are doing and if you've had any issues. I have a set and are thinking of replacing my caps but a little hesitant as I haven't see that many people who have done this.
  3. Sovereign

Reference 2.5's Replacing Acoustic Foam.... Ugh!

It's been awhile but I thought I would share this. I finally had enough of my disintegrating acoustic foam and the mess so I started the process today. First I pulled off what I could and both speakers retained about 95% of the adhesive used to attach the foam. I wanted to be careful with the...
  4. Sovereign

C70 Preamp Alps Pot

I've had my C70 about a year now and the volume pot had gotten a little worse every time I had a listening session. I decided that today was the day I opened her up and attempt to lube/clean the pot. I was really disappointed that the Alps pot was sealed except for two very small openings on the...
  5. Sovereign

My Mom has passed away

So sorry for your loss. It's been almost 20 years since my mother died and all I can say is it does get easier as the years go by. It's just the way things are and none of us will live together. I agree with you. If your parents are alive give them a call or better yet stop and see them because...
  6. Sovereign

I hate when I.........

When mowing that Yellow Jackets have nests in the ground as well as the trees. :tears:
  7. Sovereign

once again...ebay burn...

Give him a negative feedback.
  8. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

Nope not from Mc-C. I originally ordered some items from them and they don't have it. Only source I could find was out of China and they KNOW by their prices that they have cornered the market.
  9. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

They are and I can say that it's not "an off the shelf item" as the thickness is perfect as I had a set from them. I can't remember the exact thickness but if you were to order an off the shelf 2.5 nylon washer it's thickness is almost double.
  10. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

In the end I never found a cheap enough source. I was selling headshell screws at a pretty good pace and was trying the best I could to please customers before I stopped. Oh well, maybe this winter, I'll start up again.
  11. Sovereign

Hoard of speakers thrown out

I know how I feel now and I'm at the point where I would rather shoot up the stuff I have and toss it on a bon fire than give it away and I'll tell you why. 1. I bought it. 2. I paid more than you'll give me. 3. My kids don't want it. 4. I don't want to sit on the clutter anymore.
  12. Sovereign

No HDMI on my Pre/Pro. Am I missing audio quality?

Everything this year in HT seems to be going HDMI. I'm leaning towards an AV receiver vs. going processor and amps for the cost. In comparing these mid/high level receivers they really key in on the number of HDMI inputs (6+) Other than ease of use, I haven't compared HDMI vs. other cables when...
  13. Sovereign

Johnny Carson's Bed

How the heck did you find that?
  14. Sovereign

Music Hall 25.2 Repair.... Help

I had my local shop replace the transport on my MH 25.2 and now they are telling me that the Preamp IC is blown. According to them it's part number is TDA1300T. Only place I can find that part is Epray right now does anyone know of an alternative and source to that part that would equal or...
  15. Sovereign

BIC America ?

I've had a couple of different sets of BIC's over the years but only had them because the price was so low. One thing about BIC was that they made really nice looking speakers but the sound to my ears wasn't good at all.
  16. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

Hmmm... I'll pop them an email. I need more than two... :)
  17. Sovereign

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I think I have so many that it would take you about three hours to read them if I actually wrote them out. Personally, I think I'm just a dick.
  18. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

Yep saw that... They know it too. That size is just perfect. It is smaller than the m2.5 nut which is 5mm in outside diameter. They are perfectly thin too normal washers are about 0.9mm theirs are 0.5. I just figured they're had to be another source for these washers/shims but so far, I haven't...
  19. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

Well plastic anyway but I prefer nylon... It doesn't scratch headshells.
  20. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

I'm looking for some M2.5 Nylon washers/shims for headshell screws. The exact dimension I need is 4.5 OD and 0.5mm in thickness. I appreciate any help I can get on this.
  21. Sovereign

This is Rome's Birthday!

Hope you have a great day... Happy Birthday.
  22. Sovereign

Pics of your listening space

Looks very nice. You don't have issues with your subwoofer being so close to your TT?
  23. Sovereign

What I learned on Craigslist

I've learned three things; 1. SPELLING EVERYTHING IN CAPS MEANS IT IS VERY RARE. 2. "House Spaekers" means they're big. 3. You can always replace "House Spaeker" original drivers with the ones you use in car "sterios" and they sound better. :banana:
  24. Sovereign

Dahlquist DQ-10's. Your thoughts on an amp for this?

100 watts per channel at a minimum. I would look for a Yamaha M series amp or similar. Here's a link to the owners manual- http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/dahlquist/dq-10.shtml
  25. Sovereign

List of DACs Under $450

Stoner Acoutic UD120 I bought this dac last month and it's been outstanding. Currently running it with a laptop with a 3.5mm plug to analog RCA's into my preamp. PRICE: Below $100.00 Link to reviews: Earmass: http://earmass.com/2014/11/01/stoner-acoutic-ud120-best-budget-dac/ Headfonia...
Back
Top Bottom