Search results

1. jgscisum

The Official Well Tempered Audio Thread

That should do it!
  2. jgscisum

The Official Well Tempered Audio Thread

I have 2 Well Tempered tables. Plus 2 extra arms. The azimuth of the cartridge and the paddle angle can be adjusted. Numerous times I have rotated the arm tube in the paddle where the arm is mounted. Firmly hold the paddle upright and take a pair of pliers (lightweight) and put tape on them...
  3. jgscisum

Sumiko MMT and FT-3 damping

I have an FT3 with fluid and it has never leaked internally. Arm has been taken apart and NO fluid anywhere.
  4. jgscisum

Most "addictive" component/type of gear you collect?

Superphon preamps and Acutex cartridges.
  5. jgscisum

Unusual small speaker thread.

I built these small full range transmission line speakers for my son. Designed to be used with a subwoofer but sound very good on their own. He uses a Glow Audio Amp One to power them. Audio Nirvana 3" drivers.
  6. jgscisum

12 Most Significant Preamps Of All Time

For me Stan Warren's Superphon preamps. I own 5 of them and they perform so far above their price point. The Dual Mono (2), Revolution 2 (2) and the CD Maxx will always be with me. All have been totally rebuilt. My 2 cents!
  7. jgscisum

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Truly Sorry! Rest in Peace Mark. You will be remembered forever for your knowledge, kind words and love of your family and friends! Prayers for the family.
  8. jgscisum

Do you still have band posters on your wall??

We have the same Elvis print. Cindy is doing fine.
  9. jgscisum

Do you still have band posters on your wall??

Casey and Cindy were very good friends of ours. Funny............. I gave him the Yamaha CDX-1120 a long time ago.
  10. jgscisum

silicone for my well tempered arm turntable

The 100,000 sct fluid can be found at most hobby shops that have Remote Control cars and supplies. I have found the arm to be very easy to set up. The filament lines holding the arm often need to be replaced and the cup silicone needs to be just barely over the paddle in the cup. My fluid...
  11. jgscisum

Cardas vs. Discovery tonearm wire

I have used the Cardas in 2 of my Well Tempered arms. Very pleased with it!
  12. jgscisum

Tools for Tight Spaces T0-3 T0-220

Google Wadsworth Ratchet Set Mini Super Deluxe 52 pc w/4 Tools I have used these for 20 years. Never break, high quality. Mine originally cost me $60. Price has gone up and Amazon appears to have the best price. Couldn't live without them.
  13. jgscisum

What is your biggest regret involving speakers?

Selling my JBL L300 after a full restoration. Jaw dropping speaker powered by a Steve Deckert 2 watt single ended amp I built.
  14. jgscisum

DCM TF600 Score

Absolutely love mine. Perform way above what they should considering the drivers and tweeters. Great transmission line.
  15. jgscisum

Magnavox 1500 receiver tech info

Found this guy who posted he has the schematics. Might try him.
  16. jgscisum

Who can do a restore on a Marantz 6370Q?

Heard nothing but good things about them. Friend of mine has used the quiet a bit and has always been satisfied.
  17. jgscisum

Tonar Stylus manufacturer

I have had very good luck with Tonar. Used them on Ortofon, Shure and ADC.
  18. jgscisum

No, sorry I did not. good luck.

No, sorry I did not. good luck.
  19. jgscisum

MA6200...Power Guard coming on at low volume on one channel

c_dk. I'll check supply voltages and then get in to comparing good against suspect driver board. Thanks
  20. jgscisum

c_dk. Thanks for the response.
  21. jgscisum

Hi! I have a MA6200 integrated amp. It has been recapped, preamp, driver boards, etc. Have not replaced the main caps. I was using it as a preamp and the normal green PG lamps went out. Replaced the normal lamps with 7382 lamps. Buttoned it up and used a patch cord for pre out/ main in...
  22. jgscisum

JBL 2600 vs. Polk 5jr for office system with Onkyo TX-822

Polk 5Jr in a heartbeat. Just seem to have that get up and go rhythm and pace.
  23. jgscisum

Rega RB300 Mods

I have a Rega that I rewired with Cardas Clear, DIN plug added and the Michell Technoweight. It is up there with the best. I have compared it to my Grace747, Well Tempered Arms and a Jelco 750 and it is very good. My 2 cents.
Back
Top Bottom