Search results

1. InAp

RS 4.5 arrive to take on the QLS-1!

The QLS1 and Q2 were my main speakers till I got the 4.5s and they've been my main speaker since, if set up well, they can bring tears to your eyes, very life like on vocals and true to size as well, the RS1bs are not half the speaker they are.
  2. InAp

Infinity RS4.5 Restoration - Should I Stay or Should I go?

I have no problems at all with mid bass with my RS 4.5, but their bi amped, I rum my emims from 110hz up, when I eq them, I always have to pull them down on midbass and bass.
  3. InAp

Help Aragon 4004 Power supply caps

Concerning date codes, do the NPN and PNP have to have the same date code? or just the same for each batch of 8?
  4. InAp

Oh, I have a bad feeling, My friend had them hooked up to his 1 ohm scintillas using a nuetrick xlr to rca patch cords, I think I read somewhere the early pals were strictly balanced or PRO use, I did check the resistance between windings and found no shorts, and each pair were good, all 39v...
  5. InAp

Thanks for the Info, I noticed on the ground circuit the resistors look to be fried, one for sure the casing was falling off, Now, what should I but far a variable power supply, DC V and A range? Are the T0-3 just a push in fit? thanks
  6. InAp

KN, Did you replace the quads as well?
  7. InAp

Now the big question is, if I replace all the transistors with the 21195 and 21196 in the one mono block??? will it still be compatible with gain levels of the stock mono block, as in equal volume levels?
  8. InAp

Okay, I just figured that out, its the quad amplifier transistor, took the number MPQ7091 off it and put in google search, Motorola device now updated to MPQ7093
  9. InAp

Thanks KNielsen, What am I looking at here, I can't seem to translate it out to my PCB, I wonder how much different the 60v rail Pal pcb is.
  10. InAp

Went to HiFi engine, they closed it for new membership, have to login to download the files :)
  11. InAp

The 16 emitter resistors all measure .4 , I presume they are the ones that sit downward of the NpN and PnP? Like to find a 4004 schemetic as t he 8008 is quite different in layout, a lot of different transistors and diodes in layout.
  12. InAp

Well, not sure what to do with this amp, there's nobody around here that can work on it, and shipping it is out of the question, Its very difficult to find 8 npn and 8 pnp that are beta matched, and matching them has to be done in a controlled enviroment, especially temp wise to what I've read...
  13. InAp

also on that board on the underside of the PNP section, there are a couple a caps, hard to tell with it in place, but the smaller one looks like its blown, not like the one on the NPN side which looks okay. Thanks
  14. InAp

You mentioned carbon resisters a few posts back, take a close look at my board and tell me whats wrong with it.
  15. InAp

Yes the 4 terminals are the ac to the BR, on the other end after the fuses there are 5 terminals on each side to supply channel A and B thats what I was talking about, think 2,3,4 are from centre tap ground
  16. InAp

First off I'm going to say I know zero about electronics, this amp was at a shop and they couldn't get it working by the previous owner, I'm just playing with it for something to do, now for next question, the psb I showed earlier, the output end of the board has 5 terminals the out side ones I...
  17. InAp

I bought these amps off a friend of mine for a grand, knowing one was shot, but used other on subs, He was using them on his Scintillas 1 ohm, one day he turn system on and heard a pop, and one channel dead. anyways I take apart and see that board blown, the 4 10a fuses were ok at other end, so...
  18. InAp

I got a hold of Indy audio labs and they don't have any left, I posted a pic of my PSB, could I just solder is a wire where the trace is burnt out? I also have to replace 3 fuse holders on the other side as their broken, also can I replace the 4 BR from the 3506 to the 5010 ?. Also have Toshiba...
  19. InAp

Hi, Have been following this thread, I have the first Pladdiums, one died, I now noticed the 4004Mk2 looks identical inside, but the Plad has 50V rails and the 4004 has 70V rails, I have read that the early Tohsiba tubes sound best, but could be all bs, now is a plad 2 channels bridged? to make...
  20. InAp

QLS-1 - The King is dead, long live the King

the only Infinity I own that will give the Apogees a run for the money is the RS 4.5, but I like to listen to a variety of sound, they never get boring :) , I have 23 amps here to power them :)
  21. InAp

QLS-1 - The King is dead, long live the King

I have 2 sets of QLS-1's, and their, although good, but far from end game :)
  22. InAp

Please Post your Infinity speakers

I believe that there are between 300 to 400 sets of RS-4.5 worldwide, these are mine :) Bought new in 1983
  23. InAp

How to restore RS 2.5

SFC, they will work, just not the original
  24. InAp

Quantum 2 Bi-amping help, please.

There are 2 inductors and sets of caps running each half of the woofer, the other inductor is the MBC, I'd just return them to stock and forget about the nonsense if some what complete, Them woofers don't need that much power, its all bs, any 200 watt amp will run them just fine, unless you have...
  25. InAp

Quantum 2 Bi-amping help, please.

My Crown VFX2a are 18db and work excellent with QLS1 and Q2, also check out the above schematic, the LP is right, But I question the HP, the way its wired there looks like it may have phasing issues?
Back
Top Bottom