Search results

1. nhparrot

Vintage Tube Electronics Technician recommendation

Looking for a recommendation for a vintage tube electronics technician any where east of the Mississippi knowledgeable in vintage audio tube amps repair and restoration. Preferably in South West Florida (between Sarasota, FL and Naples, FL). Specifically for a H.H. Scott 222C Integrated...
  2. nhparrot

Reproduction Scott Wide C Cabinet - Asaalah

Many thanks to Asaalah (Joe). He built me a beautiful custom Scott Wide "C" cabinet for my Scott 333 tuner. Beautiful workmanship! Thank you again Joe!
  3. nhparrot

Scott Wide C Cabinet

Does anyone have the internal dimensions of a Scott Wide C cabinet?
  4. nhparrot

Question on ads p2 turntable

A friend of mine has an ads p2 turntable (without a manual) that he just set up. On the top of the plinth by the tonearm is a circular switch with settings for "On" and "Off". Anyone that is familiar with these tables of has a manual, what is the purpose of this switch? Thanks Glenn
  5. nhparrot

Hickok 6000 Tube Tester refurbishing/calibration in New England

Just picked up a Hickok 6000 tube tester. Is a anyone aware of anyone in New England that does refurbishing service/calibration on these testers?
  6. nhparrot

Connecting a Subwoofer to a Pre-Amp

What is needed to connect a pre-amp without subwoofer or LFE outputs (does have a 2nd set of L/R RCA line outs) to a subwoofer with a single RCA input? Thanks Glenn
  7. nhparrot

Heat Shrink

Any good source for heat shrink for using when terminating my own speaker cables. Need some for 14/2 wire.
  8. nhparrot

ThinkSound On1's

Has anyone tried the ThinkSound On1's and can comment on how they compare at their price point ($250 ish)?
  9. nhparrot

a/d/s L710 question

Any a/d/s historians out there. What vintage L710's had cabinets with rounded edges and what did they go for new?
  10. nhparrot

Speaker cable connectors

Need to reterminate some 14 gauge speaker cables I own. Can anyone recommend a good source for crimp-on banana plugs, 5/16 inch spades, mini-spades for vintage amps, pin connectors and wire heat shrink? Thanks Glenn
  11. nhparrot

OEM Scott Wood Cabinets

A couple years ago, I purchased a Scott OEM NOS cabinet for my 222c integrated. Does anyone know how these were finished, or can tell me how I can determine the existing finish? Curious as to the finish, so I can take care of it. Thanks Glenn
  12. nhparrot

Grace F9 replacement stylus

Ready to pull the trigger on a replacement stylus for a Grace F9 cartridge I originally bought 25 years ago. Is the Soundsmith CL Nude stylus-Ruby Cantilever RUBY-CL (RED) worth the upgrade over the Soundsmith Nude Elliptical stylus-Aluminum Cantilever RS-9E (BLUE) ? Has anyone compared...
  13. nhparrot

Cary SLI80, Cayin A88T, Primaluna DiaLogue integrateds

Has anyone done a comparison of the Cary SLI80, Cayin A88T, PrimaLuna DiaLogue integrated tube amps?
  14. nhparrot

Scott 222C "derived" center channel

Anyone use the "derived" center channel preamp output on a Scott 222C? What do use as an amp? Does the speaker you use match your front pair? Comments on the sound of this setup would be appreciated. Thanks Glenn
  15. nhparrot

Scott 222C Tube replacement question

The 12AX7 in V102 is out in my Scott 222C. Do I or should I replace any of the other 3 12AX7's at the same time? Suggestions on replacement? Thanks Glenn
  16. nhparrot

Local NH TV Coverage on vinyl making a comebake

Last night the NH Chronicle show on WMUR in NH, aired a segment on vinyl records making a come back - the show featured an AK member ddarch aka (Dave Archambault from Vinyl Nirvana)...
  17. nhparrot

Signet TK9Ea cartridge info

I have identified the cartridge on a turntable I am working on for my brother-in-law is a Signet TK9Ea. Can anyone share the specifications on this cartridge? The only info I have found so far is a recommended tracking force of 1.25 grams
  18. nhparrot

Denon DL-103 MC cartridge with a Musical Surroundings Phenomena phono-pre

Anyone using a Denon DL-103 MC cartridge with a Musical Surroundings Phenomena phono-pre? Does 60 db gain and loading at 121 ohms or higher sound right? Specifications Denon DL-103: Frequency response (Hz): 20-45,000 Output@1khz, 50mm/sec: .3mV Output impedance: 40 ohms Load impedance...
  19. nhparrot

Omega One Carbon Fiber antistatic turntable mat

Just came across an "Omega One 100% Carbon Fiber Anti-Static Turntable Mat" made by Transcriber Company of Attleboro MA mixed in with an album that I had not played in a loooooong time. Didn't even remember having it. Anyone remember anything about these? Thanks Glenn
  20. nhparrot

Wanted: Tube Amp repair recommendation in Eastern MA or Southern NH

looking for recommendations for technician that is capable doing tube amp repairs/modifications in Eastern MA or Southern NH. Thanks Glenn
  21. nhparrot

Scott Tuner Restoration in MA or NH

Just picked up a Scott 333 AM-FM Tuner. Any reliable/recommended technicians in MA or NH who are qualified to do an electrical restoration and alignment? Thanks Glenn
  22. nhparrot

Restoring KLH Model 6's

Just picked up a set of KLH Model 6's that need a little TLC. Will start with recapping. Suggestions on caps to use (sonicaps, solen ....) and sources? pics > http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/nhparrot/KLH%20Model%206/ Thanks Glenn
  23. nhparrot

"New" Large Advents

Can a set of "New" Large Advents be driven by a Scott 222C Integrated Tube Amp (20wpc) in a small room (10' x 12') set up in a nearfield configuration (8' apart and 6-8 feet from sitting position)
  24. nhparrot

Speakers Vintage 1961 - 1963

Just curious what speakers owners might have been using with a 20wpc HH Scott 222c Integrated Amp back when the amp was new (1961 - 1963)?
  25. nhparrot

Scott AM-FM Tube Tuners

Is there a particular 300 series Scott AM-FM Tube Tuner that stands out in the line for it's sound and reception capabilities?
Back
Top Bottom