Search results

1. J

bluetooth for vintage

I use AKSONIC BRX01 with my Marantz. Works great for my needs. I got it on Amazon for less than $100
  2. J

Vintage Marantz speakers

I bought a 2285 receiver and Imperial 7 speakers new in 1977. I still have them but like my JBL 4311 better. I also have a pair of Klipsch KG4s that do not sound as good as the Marantz to me.
  3. J

KG4 PROBLEM

Thanks for the advice. I will be doing everything suggested.
  4. J

KG4 PROBLEM

I started listening to my kg4's again. I'm using my Marantz 2285 for power. After listening to them for a few hours a day for a week they started sounding not clear, distorted. The horns sound ok but the drivers are off. Any ideas? Is it time for new crossovers?
  5. J

Wharfedale W70D

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70ds. Where do they fit in the speaker world? Opinions please
  6. J

Wharfedale W70D

Thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70d. There is a pair for sale near me. What are your opinions on them. Where do they fall in the speaker world?
  7. J

Marantz Service in SF Bay Area

Check out member Robisme.
  8. J

Expert Sansui Tech in SF Bay Area?

Check with Robisme.
  9. J

Finally started the E-Waves. Some questions.

The biggest question is how do they sound? Can you compare them with any of your other speakers? Looks like a great side project for you.
  10. J

SF Bay Area Techs?

I have had Robisme do some repairs very satisfied with the results, check him out
  11. J

2325 vs. 2285

My 2285 was tested at 105 watts
  12. J

Speaker Advice

I have a Marantz 2285 with a Duel CS 704. I use a pair of Imperial 7s and JBL 4311s. I like the sound of the Imperial 7s and the JBLs are very similar in sound but a few steps up in sound quality. What ever you do try to listen to the speakers before buying.
  13. J

Speakers Recommendations for my Marantz 2285B

I have a 2285 and use Marantz Imperial 7 or JBL 4311 speakers.
  14. J

Which Marantz Receiver do people feel is "Best?"

I have a 2285 & 2265b. The 2285 is much better sounding.
  15. J

speaker choices and reviews frustrating!

In my garage I'm using a Marantz 2265b with a pair of Klipsch Kg4s and a pair of Marantz Imperial 7s. For me the Kg4s sound muddy with no depth and very underwhelming compaired to the Imperial 7s. So for me I would go with anything other then Kg4s.
  16. J

Marantz Imperial 7

I have seen them from $40 to $300 a pair. You should be able to get a nice pair for $150 or so. Good luck
  17. J

midrange and tweeter for a marantz hd440

look on Ebay there were some on there not long ago.
  18. J

Kg 4

I have a pair of Kg 4s that I want to improve the sound from. I have searched for hours and can not find what I'm looking for. I have found out about adding weight to the Passive radiator, Titanium diaphragms, replacing the x overs and caps, internal brace. I remember something about using...
  19. J

New Ipod recommendation

Does this include the gen 7s as well?
  20. J

New Ipod recommendation

The ipod that I have is not supported, just my bad luck.
  21. J

New Ipod recommendation

I want to get a Pure i20 dock to play my Ipod on my vintage stereo. But the Ipod that I have is not supported by the Pure i20. So can you AudioKarma fans recommend a new Ipod for me that is supported by the Pure i20.
  22. J

Bose 301 vs Marantz Imperial 7

I would go with the Marantz in a second. You will be amazed by the Imperial 7's. I have a pair in the garage along with some Klipsch Kg4's, no contest the Marantz sound much better. In my computer room I have a pair of JBL 4311 stacked on top of another pair of Imperial 7's. While not quite up...
  23. J

Tone Mode control effectiveness?

I have a 2285 and yes I can tell the difference in the settings. I'm sure that it has alot to do with the speakers that you are using.
  24. J

What vintage gear are you playing?

I'm playing a Marantz 2285 with a pair of JBL 4311 speakers. When playing records I use a Dual 704. My garage has a Marantz 2265b with a pair of Marantz Imperial 7 speakers.
  25. J

Jbl 4311

I just got a pair of JBL 4311 speakers and would like to know if there are any problems using them upside down so that the tweeters are at ear level. I heve my current speakers on stands to achieve this and it made a big difference in the sound that you hear, but the way the 4311s are made makes...
Back
Top Bottom