Search results

1. J

KG4 PROBLEM

I started listening to my kg4's again. I'm using my Marantz 2285 for power. After listening to them for a few hours a day for a week they started sounding not clear, distorted. The horns sound ok but the drivers are off. Any ideas? Is it time for new crossovers?
  2. J

Wharfedale W70D

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70ds. Where do they fit in the speaker world? Opinions please
  3. J

Wharfedale W70D

Thinking about getting a pair of Wharfedale w70d. There is a pair for sale near me. What are your opinions on them. Where do they fall in the speaker world?
  4. J

Kg 4

I have a pair of Kg 4s that I want to improve the sound from. I have searched for hours and can not find what I'm looking for. I have found out about adding weight to the Passive radiator, Titanium diaphragms, replacing the x overs and caps, internal brace. I remember something about using...
  5. J

New Ipod recommendation

I want to get a Pure i20 dock to play my Ipod on my vintage stereo. But the Ipod that I have is not supported by the Pure i20. So can you AudioKarma fans recommend a new Ipod for me that is supported by the Pure i20.
  6. J

Jbl 4311

I just got a pair of JBL 4311 speakers and would like to know if there are any problems using them upside down so that the tweeters are at ear level. I heve my current speakers on stands to achieve this and it made a big difference in the sound that you hear, but the way the 4311s are made makes...
  7. J

Klipsch Kg4

I have a pair of Klipsch Kg4s that I'm not using. I'd like to set up a system using these speakers. My room is just a small computer room about 10x15. What do you think I should use for a receiver?
  8. J

2265b ?

I'm looking at a 2265b in the local CL. The ad says for parts or repair. Worked fine until the son used it and over powered some low end speakers. Symptoms are that it blows fuse when powered on. My question is this worth getting? Could it cost alot to repair or just an easy fix? The asking...
  9. J

Imperial 7

I'm looking for a replacement speaker for a blown midrange. The speaker number is 841-1030-100C. This is a 3" midrange. It does not have to be a CTS (Marantz) but something close to stock. I've looked all over Ebay and related sites but have not come up with anything yet. There are some out of...
  10. J

Marantz Imperial 7 Rebuild

I got a pair on CL and am doing a rebuild. They are in need of some TLC. Upon checking them out when I got them home I found that one of the midrange speakers is dead and needs to be replaced. I am unable to locate an original one. I am looking for a suitable replacement. I'm not sure of the...
  11. J

Dynaco 250

Any information or opinions on a pair of Dynaco 250s would be a big help.
  12. J

JBL L150 or Klipsch Cornwall

JBL L150A or Klipsch Cornwalls Which one would you choose? Both used and are the same price. I have a Marantz 2285 that I would be using them with.
  13. J

Jbl l88

What are your opinions about the JBL L88. How do they stack up to other JBLs. Would it be possible to make them into three way L100s or worth it?
  14. J

I'm getting my 2285 restored. So I am thinking about some new speakers. Any recommendations? How about some new vintage sppeakers? JBL, Klipsch, Altec? What are you using with your Marantz recievers?
  15. J

kg4 vs Heresy

what are the differences between the two? Which one has more depth or bass?
Back
Top Bottom