Search results

1. ken99

Are a 6AX4GT and a Japanese 6G-K17 tube interchangeable?

Thank you Mr. Boochie. I like the look of the 6G-K17 more because they are taller and will look better in my amp. Happy listening. Ken99
  2. ken99

Are a 6AX4GT and a Japanese 6G-K17 tube interchangeable?

Are a 6AX4GT and a Japanese 6G-K17 tube interchangeable? Can I use a 6G-K17 tube in place of my 6AX4GT rectifier tube in my amplifier? I have googled the tube data sheets, but I really don't know what the heck I am reading. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ken99
  3. ken99

6f8g settings on a Stark 9-66 or Marconi MU-101

Thank you.
  4. ken99

6f8g settings on a Stark 9-66 or Marconi MU-101

Hello folks Does anyone know the correct settings for testing a 6f8g tube on a Stark 9-66 or Marconi MU-101 tube tester? I have an adapter to go from 6f8g to 6sn7. I have a Marconi MU-101 tube tester that is a modified Stark 9-66. It is a solid state unit from 1974. Made for the Canadian...
  5. ken99

Scared and Stupid

Just googled the relocking device Wyred4Sound remedy and it explains it all there. Thanks
  6. ken99

Scared and Stupid

Thanks people. Holy cow, there is a lot to know and learn. As you say, there are so many ways to do it. That is where I get confused with all the different setups. Yamaki said this: so I installed a reclocking device (Wyred4Sound Remedy) and it cleaned up the signal nicely. Not sure what...
  7. ken99

Scared and Stupid

I went to youtube and watched a bunch of videos which left me more confused because of the NAS stuff and Rasberry Pi etc. I wish someone had some good videos that I could watch that explains everything in detail for idiots like me. Right from scratch showing the physical components, the...
  8. ken99

Scared and Stupid

I’m scared and I’m stupid. Bad combination. Scared: I have about 1600 CDs. Have about 350 DVDs and about 15 BR discs. I realize that they are all going to be garbage in the very near future. Stupid: I want to set up a laptop to a SSD so that I can play some ripped CDs to my stereo system...
  9. ken99

What is the difference between a 20 amp IEC cord and a 15 amp IEC cord?

What is the difference between a 20 amp IEC cord and a 15 amp IEC cord? Yes, I know, 5 amps. LOL. What is the physical difference? Should a 15 amp IEC cord not be able to cary a 20 amp load? thanks ken99
  10. ken99

Dynaco Stereo 70 in black

Super find. Congrats. I would love to have it myself.
  11. ken99

How much power does an average 100wpc amplifier draw?

Proton D1200 Countinous: 100W @ 8Ohm, 228W @ 4Ohm, and 912W @ 2Ohm measured in a lab. Bridge Power at 8 Ohm / 4 Ohm: 1800w / 2700w I am running it now in non bridged mode. Would like to have an idea of how much electricity it draws in normal mode. I plan on bridging two of them later on...
  12. ken99

SS amp. on the back it says this: Power Rating: 900VA 120V 60hz That is all I could find. Nothing in the manual. ken99
  13. ken99

How much power does an average 100wpc amplifier draw? Would 700 watts be a good guess? ken99
  14. ken99

Big Japanese Powerhouses

I love the look of the Onkyo M-510. What a beast. I think I read that they made less than 100 of them for the US market. I have seen them sell for 6 grand. I don't think that they made any of them in this series that were bridgeable, but I guess they didn't have to with all that power. I...
  15. ken99

Caps for a Proton D1200

Thank you ryuuoh! I had a tech look at it and he said the same thing. Only a silicone rubber glue is what I think he said. It works like a top, so he said to leave it alone until I have trouble. So, the panic is off and the sound picnic can go on. ken99
  16. ken99

NEED NEW Bulbs for your vintage equipment?

My babies reunited and both looking super bright. It is hard to take a clear photo of these amps because the glass on the front reflects the flash. I am so happy that I got the old bulbs replaced with LED's!!!!!! ken99
  17. ken99

Caps for a Proton D1200

While installing some new LED bulbs tonight in one of my Proton D1200's I noticed some leaking caps. I have the bucks to get them replaced at a technicians shop, but there is something about doing stuff yourself that I get a thrill out of. Should I attempt to do this myself, or should I just...
  18. ken99

A picture of the power lamp bulb that Don made for me. Old one on right (blown out) and the new one, on the left, which lights up like a star! Very good quality bulbs! Kudos to him! ken99
  19. ken99

Just got my new LED fuse bulbs and a new LED power bulb for one of my Proton D1200's from Don. Installed them all. Looks fantastic! :biggrin: There is no comparison between the old bulbs and the new LED's! Looks like a completely new amp! Now I have to replace about 6 caps in there that I...
  20. ken99

Well, this might be your lucky day because: Don makes all kinds of LED lamps for all kinds of vintage units. He has a huge data base that he's put together over the years and can likely tell anyone exactly what they need once they send him the brand and model number. I hope he can help you...
  21. ken99

You are very welcome. I hope this helps a lot of people. It is just so hard to find LED lamps! Enclosed is a photo of my two Proton D1200 amps. The top one has the original fuse lamps and the bottom one has had the lamps replaced by LED fuse lamps that Don Haywood made for me. Quite a...
  22. ken99

I was fortunate enough to be able to get LED replacement bulbs for a couple of my old amplifiers that had blown (and dim) old fuse lamp bulbs. I thought I might post some information here to help others out who had the same problem. If you need your bulbs replaced on old vintage equipment then...
  23. ken99

Tubes still available new...

Why in God's name would anyone buy new tubes when NOS tubes are available that are much more reliable and are of superior quality? They don't go bad sitting in a box! ken99
  24. ken99

Bulbs needed for Proton D1200 Amplifier

Just got in contact with Don Haywood again. He makes very high quality LED replacement fuse lamp bulbs for older audio equipment at very reasonable prices. ( In the Proton D1200 There are two fuse lamp assemblies - one for each channel. Most D-1200’s used two lamps per fuse assembly but some...
  25. ken99

Speaker jacks on Proton D1200 amp

Thanks. Just the info I needed. I thought just that, but wanted to make absolutely sure!
Back
Top Bottom