Search results

1. Out Of Time

Sony TC-K61 distortion on record mode

This is good to know. I have a 61 in perfect working order. If I should have this problem, I'll know what to do. Thanks everyone.
  2. Out Of Time

sony ssu 45

I had SS-U55s back in the early 80's. At the time? Well I was a kid just venturing into this realm, so I thought they were the shiznit back then. I remember they were a 10" 3 way system. The tweeter was a ribbon type. I burned one out fairly fast. Unremarkable maybe but not total crap by any...
  3. Out Of Time

Vintage Radio Shack/Realistic Speakers?

Quoted for truth. I've never been disappointed in them on the basis of performance vs cost and I've owned two pair in the last 25 years. Are they uncolored? No. 'Accurate' No. But I wasn't looking for monitors. I was looking for a clean-sounding, though colored, speaker, which could make rock...
  4. Out Of Time

Surprising performance from a thrift store buy

No P-10s but I have P-20s. Very good lows from the 6 incher and the highs aren't harsh to me at all. Had 'em since '92 and I'm still quite happy with them.
  5. Out Of Time

anybody know what these are (sorry bad pic)

I think they might be EPIs from the early to mid 80s.
  6. Out Of Time

Sony Speakers at GW

I had a pair of SS-U55s. I remember they sounded pretty good, but then again, I was only 16 and they were my first pair of 'HiFi' speakers. Similar to your C3s. They had 10" woofers, but the tweeter was a leaf/ribbon type. Being 16 and a little exuberant with my new found audio 'power'... I had...
  7. Out Of Time

JBL P20 bookshelf

Get 'em! Hopefully the foams are still good. They are on mine.
  8. Out Of Time

Reconing Realistic Mach Twos

I've always been partial to mine. I hope you're pleased with the result! :music:
  9. Out Of Time

Heres one for ya...ever seen these?

Nice end tables!!
  10. Out Of Time

"Vintage Air Suspension Speakers"

They're as beautiful as a foot.
  11. Out Of Time

Speaker ID needed....

Radiance Series. The 10" woofer 3 way model was the 702VX. Those in the teensy weensy thumb in the OP could be Radiance series if they are in fact !JBLs. The !JBL badges on those were a diamond-shaped shallow pyramid and they were affixed to the lower right of the grill frame. In fact, the...
  12. Out Of Time

Stock woofers on the 2s are paper as are the dustcaps. Looks like a cut and dry case of a simple refoam. I echo what's been said as far as advice in previous posts. Your 2s look in nice shape otherwise. They're well worth the effort at repair. I've had two sets myself. A lot of bang for the...
  13. Out Of Time

Pics would probably be helpful.. and a description of what they're NOT doing.
  14. Out Of Time

JBL P20 bookshelf

Awesome. Always nice to see another pair of 20s in action. If they're any indication, I bet the 40s do quite well too.
  15. Out Of Time

Who Thinks Rock 'n' Roll Speakers Are Fun?

Huh? Whazzat? :D
  16. Out Of Time

I AM losing the foams on the 152s... Course... I bought them brand new in '92. I'll see what happens with new foams. They DO seem to like the old Kenny receiver ( KR-710 ) driving them now... better than the modern Pioneer VSX-D411 which drives my Mach Twos at the moment.
  17. Out Of Time

Mach Twos are definitely best with rock, in my opinion. Wouldn't classify them as 'big dumb party speakers', though. They do rather well with just about anything, depending, like anything else, how the room is set up and how the equipment is adjusted. Put them to the test for butt-kickin' rock...
  18. Out Of Time

New guy with a strange Onkyo receiver

You might be able to use the phono inputs as line level if you can find an adaptor box that will convert line level to phone level. Since I don't see an mm/mc switch, that might be the only way to match levels and use this as an amp for other sources. It'd be fun for the tinker value alone!
  19. Out Of Time

Even if you don't fix the deck right away... just as you pointed out, it makes a nice little amp. So it's still useful as is. You may want to post this down in the Tape section and inquire there. There are several knowledgeable tape guys there that might shed some light for you on what possible...
  20. Out Of Time

That genre is called 'casseivers' and I had a SONY XO-5. It was a ca. 1981 model. Brushed silver front. The deck had full-logic soft touch controls. Tuner was analog. All secondary controls were behind a drop-down door. It was about 20 watts/channel. Sharp little unit and everything was pretty...
  21. Out Of Time

Help identifying these Bose speakers

Yup... the cubes are point-source mid/high radiators only. Knowing Bose, they are probably designed to work optimally with particular Bose subs. A person could try them with any sub I suppose... especially self-amplified ones with adjustable upper-end cut-offs and see what kind of results they...
  22. Out Of Time

Help identifying these Bose speakers

AM-5 satellites?
  23. Out Of Time

Speaker surround material?

Foam is probably used most in high-compliance woofer applications because it's one of the least-stiff materials ( allowing more travel, as you said, Vegabass ). Also probably costs less to produce over rubber or cloth.
  24. Out Of Time

Fixing Mach One Speakers

It's probably rubber-impregnated foam at the very least.
  25. Out Of Time

Fixing Mach One Speakers

Ok, that clarifies things better. I wasn't clear on if you had restored function or not. If there's a continuity issue with the tinsel on the outside, that should be a fairly straight-forward fix. If it's inside ( which sounds more likely now that I'm understanding you better ) and VC-related...
Back
Top Bottom