Search results

1. T

Kenwood Basic C2 Op Amps

Has anyone here had any experience with the OPA1656 or OPA1642. Both seem to be getting very good reviews and are pin compatible with the stock opamps except for being SOIC configuration (not a big deal). I have read that the 1656 is CMOS based which goes against my normal acceptance whereas...
  2. T

Kenwood Basic C2: Extra Diodes and Missing Qs in Op-Amp Power Supplies

Interesting note is that I have found several places indicating that the NJM4560 and NJM4580 are not pin out compatible?? Has anyone else verified their interchangeability?
  3. T

Kenwood Basic C2 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Has anyone tried replacing all 4 of stock opamps with the TI/Burr Brown OPA627? Results? Also has anyone considered inserting a Schottke UltraFast Stealth diode before or after the voltage limiting zener diodes? What caps are the coupling caps to the main outputs?
  4. T

Kenwood C2 basic rebuild/refresh

Has anyone tried replacing all 4 of stock opamps with the TI/Burr Brown OPA627? Results? Also has anyone considered inserting a Schottke UltraFast Stealth diode before or after the voltage limiting zener diodes? What caps are the coupling caps to the main outputs?
  5. T

Kenwood Basic C2 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Can anyone identify the part #'s, pictures or location of the "coupling caps" for the C2's main outputs? Thanks in advance.
  6. T

Basic C2 resto threads

Can anyone identify the part #'s, pictures or location of the "coupling caps" for the C2's main outputs? Thanks in advance.
  7. T

Kenwood Basic C2 recap BOM

Can anyone here identify which specific caps are the "coupling" caps to the C2's output? Thanks
  8. T

Does anyone know the primary difference between the MM and MC phono sections in the C2? Does the MC have any additional amplification of the signal due the lower output nature of MC cartridges? There is no real explanation in the manual outside the impedance matching settings.
  9. T

Kenwood Basic C2 Advise Needed

I know this is old, but thought I would give it a shot.... I've been reading posts and everything else I can find on the C2 but am missing a few answers so I thought I would give this try... I was lucky enough to find a C2 that looks like it just came off the factory line. Absolute perfect...
  10. T

Has anyone come up with a definitive answer as to what op-amps are the best replacements for the two on the main board in the C2. Don't need the one on the tone board or the headphone board as these have already been replaced with DRM boards. Also wondering ... on the diode replacement to...
  11. T

Dan... I've sent you a couple of emails as I am getting ready to place an order. Just waiting for your replies. Thanks!
  12. T

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

I know this is cheesy but I have a chance to get a really nice sounding and new looking C2. It does have some drop outs in the balance control. I would like to do this rebuild but following the links to various components listed throughout this thread are not available or only available in...
  13. T

Kenwood C2 basic rebuild/refresh

Can you elaborate on what diodes were changed and to what type? Thanks
  14. T

The old Kenwood C2 Balance Pot problem!

Are there really no acceptable third party aftermarket balance pots available for the C2?
  15. T

The old Kenwood C2 Balance Pot problem!

Why can't you just replace the balance pot with another?
  16. T

Do you still have the scanned copy of the Kenwood C2 manual? Also, why can't you just replace...

Do you still have the scanned copy of the Kenwood C2 manual? Also, why can't you just replace the flakey balance control with a third party unit? Thanks in advance for your help!
  17. T

Kenwood C1 M1 Kits Sold by DRM Audio

In regards to my previous post regarding the Kenwood C1 vs. C2, both units would be recapped and updated. Thanks again.
  18. T

Kenwood C1 M1 Kits Sold by DRM Audio

Does anyone know if DRM Audio is still in business. The website is there but nothing works and no contact information. If anyone has a lead on this, please let me know or message me. Another question... forgetting the extra knobs and features of the Kenwood C2, compared to the C1, which it...
  19. T

Enjoying The Music!

Enjoying The Music!
  20. T

alignment protractor

For some reason I cannot log into Vinyl Engine and can not create a new account was hoping JaS might PM me???
  21. T

So you want to understand Stylus Shapes? Try this!

From worst to good... how do you rank the stylus tips? Example: conical, elliptical, MicroLine contact, micro ridge, shibata, etc, etc.?
  22. T

What TT's do you folks have

So... advice please... I have some vintage classic pieces and was wondering what they might be worth and where would be the best place to post them. All of the items are basically BRAND NEW and have never been used, mounted or connected. So while they are old (New Old Stock?), they are...
  23. T

So you want to understand Stylus Shapes? Try this!

So what category does the AudioTechnica and others who use the Shibata Stylus?
  24. T

Interesting PONO Article

Not surprising the FiiO X-5 is a very good PDP I've heard a couple of them and have recommended the X3 or X5 to friends .[/QUOT For the money, the X5 is truly a good versatile player with storage currently up to 400GB. That's alot of FLAC files or WMA VBR if you must compress. And built...
Back
Top Bottom