Search results

1. P

Leaving...my last comments

Since the site owner and his buddy's in several treads by own hand have showed to be ignoramus ppl, now latest in the tread "Best source for DeOxit?" http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51260 I will leave this community behind. Grumpy ....You and your buddy's often show, "karma"...
  2. P

b & o 3500, opinions and stats please.

Is it a Beocenter 3500 or Beomaster 3500 ? :scratch2: http://www.beoworld.co.uk/beocenter3500.htm http://www.beoworld.co.uk/beomaster3500.htm
  3. P

Sony ST-JX520 not keeping presets

I have owned a Sony tuner ...same batt. with weldered attachment. :thumbsdn: I did locate a defect PC Motherboard and de-soldered the BU-batt. socket and mounted the socket in the tuner...the BU-batt. was by little effort become end-user serviceble :thmbsp:
  4. P

Man I love big VU meters - Proton D1200

These types of two stage "rockets" only impress ppl when they have not figured out yet, that the B++ responds AFTER the demand for larger headroom has been a fact (doh!) ... ;) but the Proton AA-1150/D-1200 do both sound nice, and i like the dual mono layout :thmbsp:
  5. P

Why Japanese? Please enlighten this Poor Fool

The japanese manufactors did in early 70's invest huge amounts of yen in the future (semiconductors) when the entire East/West block only did invest in there cabilities of making war (doh!) ... :yes:
  6. P

Please recommend your favorite speakers (under $1000)

Quad ELS63 :thmbsp: ... noticed a set a few weeks ago, asking price 731 US$ :yes:
  7. P

Pioneer A-120D help

http://item.furima.rakuten.co.jp/item/47806537/ 160W/4Ω, 120W/6Ω, 100W/8Ω :scratch2:
  8. P

planer transducer? diy?

http://www.magnetostatic.com/ ;) have a look at the "LaFolia" project, one of my buddys did have a pair of these speakers....he did ditch the project by the fact he did not have a sufficient power-amp ...min. 200W/8Ohm high current amp needed, the seize of the transformer is the easy metode to...
  9. P

Need help with Harman/Kardon PM665

Jim If you have a DVM try messure if R461, 462, 463, 464 is ok (10 Ohm resistors acting as fuse-resistors) ...my own HK 870 did have a similar problem when i bought it and it was not visible that one of these resistors was the defect :yes: If you can make use of the the complete...
  10. P

accuphase p300 o\p details ?

But how about posting some more pictures ? It dont looks like a P300 inside :no: Ps. Your post no. 13 seems to be a "fatale" one...im sry on your behalf m8 :worried:
  11. P

Truth in advertising on EBAY AU-G99X

In my pov. when i look at the AU-G99X pic, it just looks like an Accuphase manufacted with a narrow budget :scratch2: no offence intended, i have an Sansui B-2101 and it looks pretty similar to the quality of the AU-99X ;)
  12. P

accuphase p300 o\p details ?

The wires for in/output and the emmitter resisitors (4x retangular white 7 or 9 watt resistors) is the only things, which by look at this angle seems alterd from original. at the left bord a resistor placed right above the to-126 transistor has been working on its limit (brownish color) The...
  13. P

Believe the hype...

Yeah! they where beauties ..the Gamma super-tweeters and the Audio Pro sub where perfectly integrated. :yes: I remember one episode... i had a Quad 405 i wanted to sell since i had no use for it what so ever, it was sligtly modifired (triac protector was removed, faster power-transistors, a...
  14. P

Power-hungry Magneplanars ???

Since "Maggies" represent a near perfect loadline from 20-20.000Hz ..they actully dont need many amperes, but huge voltage swing to generate high SPL ;)
  15. P

Believe the hype...

Damn! i miss my "maggies" they looked almost exactly like yours :yes: the difference was i kept the outer frame in light color ..... why i dont have them anymore ? :sigh: A dude entering my appartment for doing some maintaince, did waste the bass-panel on one of them by hitting the back of...
  16. P

Power-hungry Magneplanars ???

I once had the "fortune" to run my MG-IIA with two very different amps over an entire weekend....i had them in house by the fact i was hired to made mod. jobs The small one was a Copland power-amp with one pair of EL84 pentodes (6BQ5) each ch. which delievered 14Watts/4 or 8Ohms pure Class A...
  17. P

Believe the hype...

Believe the hype ?... there has never been a hype ...only facts, not commen availeble as a first hand experience to other than a small group of ppl ;) Its the same regarding cars ...few knows how good an 1967 Ford GT40 feels to drive (im not one of them :() ...not the best car ever made, but...
  18. P

Pioneer A-717, a Retrospective

Lorne Sure i will post the mod actully it will be my autum/winter project. But since i did buy a Kenwood KA-1100SD last night (going to collect it today) It will be more relaxing to do the mod. job of the Pioneer...no hurry, no img. need to finalize a project is often the main key to...
  19. P

Magnepan MMGs are something else!

Kstaskiewicz ;) Welcome to the real kind of HiFi :yes: Line source, ribbon tweeter, lack of box sound ...makes it hard ever to accept to listen to normal speakers. ...you will start thinking bad thoughts about conventionel units :up yours: (;)) I was hit by the "virus" by listening...
  20. P

Cerwin Vega CD-90

Funny fact about the CV CD-90's and all other speakers in the "CD" series The cabs are "made in Denamrk" assambly of the filters and final product is also "made in Denmark" CV is not the only US brand treated that way ...guess which other major brand ;)
  21. P

I agree with Lorne ...but add this: the BIAS IC in the A-Series is not genius, but VERY clever engineering ...sort of an "engine" which ensures a minimum performance above avarage :naughty: Ps. my mods is first of all to get higher performance in mid/treble
  22. P

A-71 that was correct ansaw ... :yes:
  23. P

The Ultimate Non Electronic Tweak

take a few pints :beer: improvement better,then if you placed a genuin luna rock on you amp :lmao:
  24. P

Greatest Hype of All Time?????

Quadraphonic Records back in the 70's :loser:
  25. P

Pioneer A-91D, any comments about this amp?

Specs :banana2:
Back
Top Bottom