Search results

1. Lman

Found one! Akai GX-265. Working but needs work

Very informative thread. I have a couple of Akai's that need work so this is serving as a primer.
  2. Lman

to DAC or not to DAC - that is my question

Denafrips Ares II. I had the Bifrost 2 and I prefer the Ares II.
  3. Lman

HK Citation II, Built into Custom Mono Blocks by Justin Weber

Agreed. My MC225 is an excellent amp but does not top my Citation II.
  4. Lman

Pouring epoxy or liquid electrical tape into a power transformer for buzz/ringing?

I had a power transformer from a Dynaco Mark III that buzzed. I used this as an adhesive between the laminations and immediately clamped them tight. I left it alone for a day and no more buzzing.
  5. Lman

Hafler XL 280 DC Offset

As a safety precaution I returned P1 to its original position.
  6. Lman

Hafler XL 280 DC Offset

The DC offset in the left channel measured -330mv while the right channel is -1.2mv. I cranked up P1 as far as it will go and got the left channel down to -117mv. I seem to recall reading that P1 sometimes fails and should be replaced. Is my memory correct and are there any other solutions I...
  7. Lman

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

I'm having the same issue with Chrome desktop. I had to log in using Safari.
  8. Lman

Testing and Upgrade of new server 3/20/23

When I try to log in the attempt fails. I then click on reset password, follow the link, reset my password and I'm logged in. This is using Chrome and started after the upgrade.
  9. Lman

My latest aquistion

Nice looking deck.
  10. Lman

Anyone Recognize this Board?

Thanks for the offer but Gregg over at Classic Valve Designs already sent me the instructions.
  11. Lman

Thanks! I remember Classic Valve Designs and I believe I did place some orders with them.
  12. Lman

I'm pretty sure it is a cap replacement board for a Dynaco ST70 but I don't have any of the documentation for it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  13. Lman

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

I pulled out my 1970's pre-recorded Cabaret cassette which I have not listened to in many years. I was not expecting much, given the era in which it was recorded and the age of the tape. However, I was pleasantly surprised as I listened to it through my RX 505, it sounded great!
  14. Lman

A first for me

Definitely silcone. Here is a picture of the inside of one of the bells.
  15. Lman

A first for me

I've rebuilt a number of amps but you can imagine my surprise when I started taking apart a recently acquired Dynaco MK3 and found that the power transformer had been siliconed and screwed to the chassis. It took a lot of effort with a utility knife and a flat-headed screw driver to break them...
  16. Lman

Dynaco Mark III Restoration (2023)

I thought about purchasing the auto bias boards but it seemed like overkill.
  17. Lman

Dynaco Mark III Restoration (2023)

I'm just starting a rebuild on my MK III's and I decided to go with the tubes 4 hifi 6SN7 based board, as I like the 6SN7 sound. I've also spent some time researching the choke and the consensus seems to be that it's not very good. Here's a link to a recommended, and less expensive...
  18. Lman

Revox A77 Mark 1 adventures

Congratulations! I've wanted an A77 for a while but, given the machines I have, I just can't justify the purchase. :( Enjoy.
  19. Lman

Marantz 250 Restoration

My 250M had an SPS1952 at Q503, I used the BC557 and it worked fine. Note that my 250M is an early version and the amplifier boards do not match the schematic - they are closer to the 240 boards.
  20. Lman

Marantz 250M Rebuild Project- Advice & Suggestions Welcome!

Chris Marantz had recommended 2SA483 and 2SC783 for Q510 and Q511.
  21. Lman

recommendations on desoldering pump

I have an Aoyue similar to the one above and it works well, Having said that the FR-301 is my go to for desoldering.
  22. Lman

Schiit Modius vs Bifrost II

+1
  23. Lman

Transistor Tester recommendations?

I have the DCA and it is excellent. If you want something less expensive that works almost as well try something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184636875117 It gets the job done.
  24. Lman

250 Meter Board Help

Years ago I bought an M250 at an auction and when I tested it the left channel was out. I took it apart planning on doing a repair and full recap. Life got in the way and it wasn't until a month ago I was able to get back to it. The rectifier and amp boards are now fully functional but when I...
  25. Lman

Soldering Iron recommendation...

I also use a Weller gun for the heavy duty stuff. Difficult to use in tight spaces but gets the job done. I bend 14 gauge electric wire into the shape of a tip and use that in lieu of a buying a replacement.
Back
Top Bottom